[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

I don't like the transparent status bar since Gingerbread has not been designed with that in mind. Some applications look really odd, the text in the status bar becomes unreadable with some applications. Also there were many questions in the IHO thread about the status bar transparency. Plus it is a very intrusive mod together with center clock. Such modifications create difficulty keeping the codebase in sync with CM. I would rather not have it instead of dealing with them. I have always kept MiRaGe lean and simple, I want to keep it that way.

understandable. i may copy over cyanogenmod settings app to mirage just to play with it and see if i can get that one setting lol. but thank you for your reply.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

@Mrg666: Congrats on the makeover. I liked the old one too, but I have to admit your new look has a little more bite ;)

I haven't been posting for a few days. I tested your tinyRCU kernel, but never got around to the BFS one. Then I flashed MiRaGe 06/09 yesterday, did my usual round of tests (camera, webcam, SMS, MMS, Gmail, Contacts, Phone, Maps, Browser, Tapatalk and a few others), then been running it since. It flies. Good job as always, thank you!

Now please look away for this next paragraph, it's not for you:

Anyone joining this thread and new to MiRaGe: I've been on it since Oct last year. My phone is solid as a rock: No reboots or FCs ever (seriously) and it runs very fast. I haven't even done a clean install in 6 months or longer (which I should) I just update with each new build. Mrg has been incredibly responsive whenever there were issues, such as the ZV9 radio or the duplicate bluetooth addresses -- providing solutions for all IHO ROMs. It's no coincidence that several other devs use his ROM as base for their further tweaking.

In other words, I recommend it highly :)

Now you can look again!

Last edited:

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
@Mrg666: Congrats on the makeover. I liked the old one too, but I have to admit your new look has a little more bite ;)

I haven't been posting for a few days. I tested your tinyRCU kernel, but never got around to the BFS one. Then I flashed MiRaGe 06/09 yesterday, did my usual round of tests (camera, webcam, SMS, MMS, Gmail, Contacts, Phone, Maps, Browser, Tapatalk and a few others), then been running it since. It flies. Good job as always, thank you!

Now please look away for this next paragraph, it's not for you:

Anyone joining this thread and new to MiRaGe: I've been on it since Oct last year. My phone is solid as a rock: No reboots or FCs ever (seriously) and it runs very fast. I haven't even done a clean install in 6 months or longer (which I should) I just update with each new build. Mrg has been incredibly responsive whenever there were issues, such as the ZV9 radio or the duplicate bluetooth addresses -- providing solutions for all IHO ROMs. It's no coincidence that several other devs use his ROM as base for their further tweaking.

In other words, I recommend it highly :)

Now you can look again!

^^^its true. I'm always using mirage as a primary rom. I even put it on my stupid friends phones. I know they won't bug me with "why isn't this or that working?" I'm doing some ics testing right now, which is nice and all, but I start shaking and getting cold sweats when I'm away from mirage too long. (It took 2 hours to type this because my twitching kept making me hit the wrong keys) If you want this thread to be "business only" I will try hard to keep my smart remarks to my self.

PS. I miss your fallout dude. He looked approachable, now I'm afraid if i say the wrong thing I will be banished to the depths of hell

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, the ics style battery icon is more pixelated/lower quality compared to the signal and wifi icons. Does anyone else notice this?

tpII

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Good work mrg, I use mirage about 70% of the time. The other 30% is used flashing and trying other roms etc. Mirage is my steady and I wont swap to any other, as far as cm7 goes this is the best my friend.

sent from my icy cold beta1 V using inverted T.T.2

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg666

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

have an issue here...from time to time I get a 'failed to connect' when I am trying to access the camera. Any ideas?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

have an issue here...from time to time I get a 'failed to connect' when I am trying to access the camera. Any ideas?

User error. There is another app interfering with the access of default camera app to the camera hardware.