[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

@driya, @anthonycadams: I cannot download either. See my description above; is that what you're getting too?

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded no problem, if you're on your ov and the pop up comes on saying you're a winner! hit the back button and it will refresh the download link and it will work.

Reactions: Dannemand

anthonycadams

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Download is working now. I have never seen that spam redirection in Mediafire. Are you sure it is from the Mediafire site? I am using Chrome on my PC with adblocking. That might be the reason.

Mute call fix is for incoming calls. I don't think it is affecting the outgoing calls.

I'm using Chrome with AdBlock too and the minute I paused AdBlock the download went right. Thanks mrg666 for the advice. I honestly hadn't thought of that myself. :D

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Download is working now. I have never seen that spam redirection in Mediafire. Are you sure it is from the Mediafire site? I am using Chrome on my PC with adblocking. That might be the reason.

Thanks, mrg. I finally got it now -- on my phone. No redirects or captchas this time.

I've never seen those spam redirects or popups on Mediafire either. I am sure it must be one of the ads that hijacks the page, not Mediafire itself.

Thanks again, about to flash (after checking MD5!)

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded no problem, if you're on your ov and the pop up comes on saying you're a winner! hit the back button and it will refresh the download link and it will work.

Thx rebel. I think it must've been a different popup: This seemed like an actual modal MsgBox popup (not browser rendered) and didn't respont to any buttons or actions other than cliocking OK. I immediately cleared my cache, history, cookies each time. This last time it worked, though.

Reactions: rebel69ization

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

@mrg: Got it, flashed it, everything seems to work. Did my usual tests: camera, webcam, gallery & JustPics, SMS, MMS, contacts, calendar, incoming & outgoing phone call, browser, gmail, maps (with GPS), tapatalk, and a few other apps -- including a game of Monopoly :D

Just enabled OC now. We'll see how it goes the news few days. So far another winner. Thank you, man!

Reactions: mrg666

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Swyped a copy and gonna flash tomorrow because it's 3:30 am here :p

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I have added a "Suggestions & Recommendations" section to help with some common questions. Please post if you have suggestions as well. I can add into that section.

Reactions: lattimorej1986

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

That is the BSD daemon. People almost forgot about BSD after the popularity of Linux. Daemons are the background processes in all *nix operating systems that do the unappreciated hard work. :)

Definitely cooler than a penguin. ;)

I actually wonder why so many companies choose to use Linux as the base of their product when BSD is sitting right there with no pesky GPL encumbrances. For example, in Android, they have an entirely custom userspace from libc on up. I can't imagine it would have been difficult to use eg. FreeBSD for a kernel. The only reasons I can think of are that (1) ARM is a second tier platform on FreeBSD, and (2) everyone is familiar with Linux due to its popularity, so finding developers to employ is easier.

Not that I'm sad about the decision, mind you -- I love Linux, and using the Linux kernel means that all vendors are required to publish kernel sources, at least. :)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Definitely cooler than a penguin. ;)

I actually wonder why so many companies choose to use Linux as the base of their product when BSD is sitting right there with no pesky GPL encumbrances. For example, in Android, they have an entirely custom userspace from libc on up. I can't imagine it would have been difficult to use eg. FreeBSD for a kernel. The only reasons I can think of are that (1) ARM is a second tier platform on FreeBSD, and (2) everyone is familiar with Linux due to its popularity, so finding developers to employ is easier.

Not that I'm sad about the decision, mind you -- I love Linux, and using the Linux kernel means that all vendors are required to publish kernel sources, at least. :)

I think the popularity of Linux is because of its development has been and is being done at a much faster pace by much larger group of developers than BSD. I think Linus deserves a lot of credit for his dedication and leadership that enabled this. I just counted. There are 11 devices running Linux kernel 24/7 at home right now. I have always wanted trying a BSD version but there has never been a practical reason to do this.

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I use rom toolbox pro and it has the feature of moving apps to the sd, it even tells you what is safe to move so problems don't occur when launching apps.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

OT for a moment...

I actually wonder why so many companies choose to use Linux as the base of their product when BSD is sitting right there with no pesky GPL encumbrances.

It is in large part because those GPL encumbrances make sure that future improvements will be kept public. Apple's use of BSD allows them to be secretive about whatever they want to be kept secret. It may prove beneficial to them and to their consumers, but the Linux ecosystem has benefited time and again from the requirement that any modifications must necessarily be free to use and study: among other things, this openness gives us more hardware compatibility and a larger testing infrastructure (i.e., more people), and more work that the companies don't have to do to get the device working in the first place.

It's highly unlikely that we would be here using home-baked ROMs if BSD was the standard base for *nix systems on mobile devices, if for no reason other than the fact that OS designers, phone manufacturers, and our dear service providers, would be permitted to use every trick in the book to lock down their systems and prohibit this level of customization.

Reactions: rebel69ization

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I have merged minor updates for the cpufreq driver from 2.6.32.59 and backported the latest interactive governor from lge-kernel-msm7x27 kernel in the CM repo. The details of the changes and the flashable zip are available in my github repo. The kernel seems to be running fine based on my preliminary test. It would be great if there are some brave androidians who can test the cpu frequency scaling under different tasks. Thanks in advance!

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, tdm. Do you have a thread for RomKeeper? If I haven't missed it, it would be good to have one.

I assume by now you know its over at vmroms. http://www.vmroms.com/index.php?topic=141.msg1438#msg1438
I downloaded it. Took a few seconds to populate with data.
Haven't tried it yet though. I had already downloaded mgr's build so I didn't need it. I'll try it next update.
On a side note, does it just download it to a specified folder? Then I manually flash as normal, right? It hasn't gotten to the point where its flashable while in the rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman