[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

There is also a link to the latest CM changes in the OP. There are a few changes. Please check them out.

That I did, worth the flash, it seems. Thanks again for this rom, somehow I always seem to come back to it no matter what I flash. It was the first rom I ever used, after being introduced to Android on Bumblebee 2.4. And I come back to it looking at a HUGE list of new additions...Android development is a beautiful thing. I'll be joining the fray in due time, I plan to curate a custom Froyo rom using Leslie's Aeneas base, after which I'll move on to GB, and by then there will most likely be a fantastic base for ICS.

tl;dr Flashed the new build, thanks for your help and rom as always, mrg666.

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi mrg 666, does the latest ROM needs to upload the latest kernel separately or is it included on the package?

You'll have to download the new kernel separately. When flashing in recovery, install the ROM pack first, then the kernel, then gapps if needed. Reboot. Check the kernel version in Settings > About phone to confirm kernel installation.

Latest kernel is included in the ROM. No need to flash kernel again.

Last edited:
Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
This is the first time I've ran iho in months, and I gotta say, nice work Mrg. I may have to stay on this one for a while.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Battery..........WOW newest build
4257076e-2716-6e50.jpg

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2

Last edited:

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded and flashed the most recent build over the last build which I've been running for a while. This is a great ROM & has worked pretty much flawlessly for me w/ 122/806 and interactive running .

However, w/ this flash I have a wierd issue : I can't log into my contacts. I go to the Accounts/Sync setting and enter my info and hit submit. Then a screen comes up called "server settings" which I don't think I've seen before. It asks for domain/username and it asks for a server name. Im not sure what to enter in this screen and what I've entered so far has not worked. Can someone explain what needs to be entered here?

Edit: restored my Nandroid and wrnt back to previous build. Looks like what was missing in the new build was the option to enter a non-corporate account. Looks like this has not been a problem for others. Maybe I just missed it in the new build...?

Last edited:

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

Just downloaded and flashed the most recent build over the last build which I've been running for a while. This is a great ROM & has worked pretty much flawlessly for me w/ 122/806 and interactive running .

However, w/ this flash I have a wierd issue : I can't log into my contacts. I go to the Accounts/Sync setting and enter my info and hit submit. Then a screen comes up called "server settings" which I don't think I've seen before. It asks for domain/username and it asks for a server name. Im not sure what to enter in this screen and what I've entered so far has not worked. Can someone explain what needs to be entered here?

Edit: restored my Nandroid and wrnt back to previous build. Looks like what was missing in the new build was the option to enter a non-corporate account. Looks like this has not been a problem for others. Maybe I just missed it in the new build...?

It's always possible it was a bad flash. Maybe wipe and flash again?

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It's always possible it was a bad flash. Maybe wipe and flash again?

I'll probably try that later today. Just wondered if anyone else had run into this problem. I also had some trouble w/ Link2sd scripts mounting correctly. Thought maybe I need to switch my sd-ext from ext-3 to ext-4.

BTW in the several days I have been running the 6/14 build I have not seen accelerometer slow down.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

When you update a rom, that doesn't originally come with gapps, you have to flash them again. (as in, flash the updated rom then flash gapps.) hope this helped :)

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
(Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)

pandulce1

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone have a copy of the 06112012 build? It was running a lot smoother for me.

I have it on my PC, but I'm not sure it would be ok to share it. If mrg gives his blessings, pm your email and I'll send it to you.

On another subject, is the button on the stock LG headphones working for anyone on the 06-19-2012 build? On previous builds up to and including 06-11-2012 it would work fine with the screen on and randomly while the screen was off. However, with the newest build it's not working at all for me.

gwz85

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I have checked the Media volume with A2DP. There are no volume problems.

I tested yesterday the bluetooth in the Ford Edge and I could do listen to music and also make phone calls no problems. I never went back to the old ROM to see if there was a problem there. I like this build very smooth. Curious that I see other people having issues, wonder what version of the baseband they have I have the latest V9.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

When you update a rom, that doesn't originally come with gapps, you have to flash them again

Gapps is only required after a clean wipe. If the ROM is updated by only wiping cache/dalvik-cache, gapps is not necessary again.

I have it on my PC, but I'm not sure it would be ok to share it. If mrg gives his blessings, pm your email and I'll send it to you.

On another subject, is the button on the stock LG headphones working for anyone on the 06-19-2012 build? On previous builds up to and including 06-11-2012 it would work fine with the screen on and randomly while the screen was off. However, with the newest build it's not working at all for me.

Please don't post the old versions since it will create confusion. But you are free to send them to anyone you wish, of course.

I also checked the headset buttons and I can confirm that they were not working. I have fixed it and posted the fixed 062112 build of the kernel in my github repo. I was testing SLQB memory allocator and that build includes it. I was not going to include SLQB so soon but it seems safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryuk6666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I have updated MiRaGe with the fixed kernel for working headset buttons. It is the same build but I bumped the build number to 06212012.

If you are already on the 06192012 build (only this build not earlier), the following is a flashable zip that will bump your MiRaGe to 06212012. Just flash in the recovery, you don't need to wipe anything. Don't use this with VZW mod.

VM670_patch_19to21.zip MD5sum: 80e34febd32a4515875f813eb9c10989

Last edited:

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Gapps is only required after a clean wipe. If the ROM is updated by only wiping cache/dalvik-cache, gapps is not necessary again.

Please don't post the old versions since it will create confusion. But you are free to send them to anyone you wish, of course.

I also checked the headset buttons and I can confirm that they were not working. I have fixed it and posted the fixed 062112 build of the kernel in my github repo. I was testing SLQB memory allocator and that build includes it. I was not going to include SLQB so soon but it seems safe.

Oh ok, I just thought that was the case because I flashed an update to one of the gb roms on here and I had to reinstall gapps... Don't know why but oh well :p sorry for the confusion lol.

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

When you update a rom, that doesn't originally come with gapps, you have to flash them again. (as in, flash the updated rom then flash gapps.) hope this helped :)

This wasn't a GAPPS problem as I was updating from the 6/14/12 build to the 6/19/12 build. GAPPS was already installed. The problem was that when I went into accounts and sync the only option I had was to enter info for a corporate account and not just a regular gmail account. I don't have a corporate account which meant that I could not sync my contacts back to my phone. I need my contacts so I flashed back to the previous build from Nandroid backup and that worked fine. I'll stick w/ the 6/14 build for now until I have some time to play around with the new one more.

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This wasn't a GAPPS problem as I was updating from the 6/14/12 build to the 6/19/12 build. GAPPS was already installed. The problem was that when I went into accounts and sync the only option I had was to enter info for a corporate account and not just a regular gmail account. I don't have a corporate account which meant that I could not sync my contacts back to my phone. I need my contacts so I flashed back to the previous build from Nandroid backup and that worked fine. I'll stick w/ the 6/14 build for now until I have some time to play around with the new one more.

I've flashed em all and never lost my contacts

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I know that I already reported back on Google Play Music testing, but apparently I hadn't tested it enough. Today, on the way home from work, I was listening to Play Music (yes, I've got a cassette adapter now!), and everything was going fine. I received an SMS at some point, checked the message while at a traffic signal, and when I went back to Play Music, all I got was a black screen, with the notification bar at the top. The phone was unresponsive for a bit, but continued to play music. Eventually, I got an "application is unresponsive" message, but it continued to play. I selected force close, and it continued to play. I relaunched Play Music, and it continued to play. At that point, I was able to change songs again, etc.

So, to sum it up, it's not completely fixed, but despite problems, the music was never interrupted. I'm not sure if that helps you any, or not, and if there's some sort of log I can pull for you, let me know.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I know that I already reported back on Google Play Music testing, but apparently I hadn't tested it enough. Today, on the way home from work, I was listening to Play Music (yes, I've got a cassette adapter now!), and everything was going fine. I received an SMS at some point, checked the message while at a traffic signal, and when I went back to Play Music, all I got was a black screen, with the notification bar at the top. The phone was unresponsive for a bit, but continued to play music. Eventually, I got an "application is unresponsive" message, but it continued to play. I selected force close, and it continued to play. I relaunched Play Music, and it continued to play. At that point, I was able to change songs again, etc.

So, to sum it up, it's not completely fixed, but despite problems, the music was never interrupted. I'm not sure if that helps you any, or not, and if there's some sort of log I can pull for you, let me know.

Thanks for reporting. With the earlier problem, the OS was freezing completely and permanently and music wasn't able to keep playing. This sounds more like a misbehaving app. I deleted the Google Play Music app from my phone after testing. The Music.app included in the system works much better. The only disadvantage is that it can't play the music from the Market. But I always purchase the music from my computer and copy them to my phone manually.

Edit: something similar just happened. I was listening Music and looking at this forum. Everything just slowed down, Tapatalk stopped responding but music was still playing in the background. I went to application management with difficulty and I was able to stop Tapatalk. Problem gone and phone came back to normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad