[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

pandulce1

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Just downloaded and flashed the most recent build over the last build which I've been running for a while. This is a great ROM & has worked pretty much flawlessly for me w/ 122/806 and interactive running .

However, w/ this flash I have a wierd issue : I can't log into my contacts. I go to the Accounts/Sync setting and enter my info and hit submit. Then a screen comes up called "server settings" which I don't think I've seen before. It asks for domain/username and it asks for a server name. Im not sure what to enter in this screen and what I've entered so far has not worked. Can someone explain what needs to be entered here?

Edit: restored my Nandroid and wrnt back to previous build. Looks like what was missing in the new build was the option to enter a non-corporate account. Looks like this has not been a problem for others. Maybe I just missed it in the new build...?

I flashed the 06-19-2012 build on two phones yesterday with no problems, but I just flashed the 06-21-2012 build on a friends phone and the contacts were gone. The only options were corporate account and facebook contacts. I'm giving it another try to see what happens.

Edit: On the second try the google account was there and so were the contacts. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: dbacon84

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

With the earlier problem, the OS was freezing completely and permanently and music wasn't able to keep playing. This sounds more like a misbehaving app. I deleted the Google Play Music app from my phone after testing.

Sorry, I misunderstood the issue you were talking about. I've actually never encountered that one. Good to know I won't have to encounter it in the future!

The Music.app included in the system works much better. The only disadvantage is that it can't play the music from the Market. But I always purchase the music from my computer and copy them to my phone manually.

Ah, that's the difference that makes Play Music essential for me: I use it for streaming only. I've got a decent connection to a neighboring business's wifi while I'm at work, so I don't bother keeping any music on the SD card.

Edit: something similar just happened. I was listening Music and looking at this forum. Everything just slowed down, Tapatalk stopped responding but music was still playing in the background. I went to application management with difficulty and I was able to stop Tapatalk. Problem gone and phone came back to normal.

That sounds like exactly the same problem I was having.

There's been pieces of a conversation in the Quattrimus thread about the possibility of a swap partition being used to alleviate some of the existing memory management issues. I think I remembered you saying that Play Music is CPU intensive, and if it is also memory intensive, could having a swap partition be of any benefit?

Is MiRaGe setup to make use of a swap partition if one exists?

I've read that it might in fact be counter productive to use a swap partition. Opinions seem to vary, and so, I'm curious, what's yours?

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I misunderstood the issue you were talking about. I've actually never encountered that one. Good to know I won't have to encounter it in the future!

Ah, that's the difference that makes Play Music essential for me: I use it for streaming only. I've got a decent connection to a neighboring business's wifi while I'm at work, so I don't bother keeping any music on the SD card.

That sounds like exactly the same problem I was having.

There's been pieces of a conversation in the Quattrimus thread about the possibility of a swap partition being used to alleviate some of the existing memory management issues. I think I remembered you saying that Play Music is CPU intensive, and if it is also memory intensive, could having a swap partition be of any benefit?

I've read that it might in fact be counter productive to use a swap partition. Opinions seem to vary, and so, I'm curious, what's yours?

I would advise people against using Google Music. There is a reason for it being a cpu hug and that is the arm6 is not fully comparable.

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

I flashed the 06-19-2012 build on two phones yesterday with no problems, but I just flashed the 06-21-2010 build on a friends phone and the contacts were gone. The only options were corporate account and facebook contacts. I'm giving it another try to see what happens.

edit: On the second try the google account was there and so were the contacts. :D

So it wasn't just me! When you flashed the second time did you do anything different? I've flashed 2x and had the same issue both times. Before I flash I use LeslieAnn's wipe zip for updating a ROM. Did you did any wiping before flashing? I'd like to figure this out 'cause I really like this ROM and want to use the newest version.

gwz85

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

So it wasn't just me! When you flashed the second time did you do anything different? I've flashed 2x and had the same issue both times. Before I flash I use LeslieAnn's wipe zip for updating a ROM. Did you did any wiping before flashing? I'd like to figure this out 'cause I really like this ROM and want to use the newest version.

It happened to me as well, so now when I update the ROM I also install the gapps again and that takes care of that issue. I know it has been said you do not need to but it does not damage anything either.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Hey mrg666 is there any way you could add something to tell us when you release new versions?

I don't like such update reminders/checkers in the ROM. If you are wondering if there is a new build, just put a bookmark in your browser to check the OP in this thread. One reason I rooted my phone was to remove such bloat from my phone. I wouldn't put them back.

Swap partition and swapping are totally useless in Android. There is a lowmemorykiller in the Android kernel that kills the background apps as more memory is needed. If an app still needs more memory even after helped with the lowmemorykiller, that app simply is not suitable for running on your phone. You wouldn't want to run a crawling app that is overflowing to swap space which is maybe 100 times slower than RAM. Swap is for desktop/server systems to push the idle processes to disk and open up RAM space for running processes. This conflicts with the specific task of lowmemorykiller in Android. Memory management is quite different in Android and swap is redundant/unnecessary if not harmful. Even in a desktop/server system, when a running process is ovreflowing to swap it needs to be killed before it kills your harddisk. i.e. although you can, you shouldn't run apps on swap, swap is for idle processes.

Last edited:

pandulce1

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. The phone in question was running a couple month's old MiRaGe build. Here's what I did:

1. Went to recovery and made a backup.
2. Wiped cache and dalvik-cache.
3. Flashed 06-21 MiRaGe and rebooted the phone.

I always let the sit for a few minutes after wiping caches so that it can do it's thing. As I was going through the settings to turn off the power prompt, the phone rebooted itself. After the ROM loaded again, a text message came in and that's how my friend noticed that his contacts were gone. I tried to add his account but couldn't; google play was asking me to sign in and then it would close. (I also noticed that the Wi-Fi indicator would not turn green, but that was not my main concern). Around this time the phone rebooted itself again. After it was back up and running, I did this:

4. Went into recovery and wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache and dalvik-cache.
5. Restored the backup I made earlier and rebooted the phone.
6. After checking that the google acct and contacts were there, I went back into recovery.
7. Wiped cache and dalvik-cache.
8. Flashed 06-21 MiRaGe and rebooted the phone.

After the ROM loaded everything was fine and dandy. Now my friend says his phone is faster than ever.

Last edited:

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

I don't like such update reminders/checkers in the ROM. If you are wondering if there is a new build, just put a bookmark in your browser to check the OP in this thread. One reason I rooted my phone was to remove such bloat from my phone. I wouldn't put them back.

Ah very true that makes sense. And I do have it bookmarked I check back frequently. I've been using your ROM for the first time for about 2 days now and it's been very very good to me. It's the first time I've used Link2SD and that works really great.
With using Link2SD though are there any complications when upgrading?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ah very true that makes sense. And I do have it bookmarked I check back frequently. I've been using your ROM for the first time for about 2 days now and it's been very very good to me. It's the first time I've used Link2SD and that works really great.

No problems. There have been a couple glitches when link2sd has had updates in the past, but I have been using it for over a year now and have been using mirage a majority of the time and its virtually seamless when it comes to updating a rom. Every once in a while it might tell you to recreate mount scripts, but that's just about the only problem.

sent from my Nokia 5110

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

So what do you do w/ the new app to avoid losing contacts when updating?

It is not supposed to happen at every update. This never happened to me. If you have to clear the data of Contacts again, it will sync with Google and restore your contacts after you logon to your Google account.

After you update the ROM, Link2SD will ask the scripts to be created again at the first boot. Do that and reboot. After the reboot, go to Link2SD and relink dalvik-cache and libraries. That is all needed.

Last edited:

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Been using your rom on 2 different OVs for a while now, seem to be having an issue now with the camcorder. All I get for sound is a hum for a few seconds and then nothing. I'm running the 6/21 build off a fresh wipe and flash (well 6/19 was fresh, flashed the "update zip" you posted to XDA)

PLEASE HELP, I like to take videos often, and the audio issue is killing me.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Been using your rom on 2 different OVs for a while now, seem to be having an issue now with the camcorder. All I get for sound is a hum for a few seconds and then nothing. I'm running the 6/21 build off a fresh wipe and flash (well 6/19 was fresh, flashed the "update zip" you posted to XDA)

I remember hearing about an issue like this in the IHO thread. Trying turning the camera shutter sound off, and see what that does. And I know,you're talking about the camcorder, not the camera, but I heard that this works.

Reactions: mrg666 and groo79

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I remember hearing about an issue like this in the IHO thread. Trying turning the camera shutter sound off, and see what that does. And I know,you're talking about the camcorder, not the camera, but I heard that this works.

Thanks! Worked like a charm. Wonder what the issue is with the shutter sound? Is it something the dev might he able to fix?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I did a mistake and caused the sound problem in video recording while fixing the headset buttons. I have uploaded the 06232012 kernel to my github repo. Can you please try it? It should fix the sound problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae