[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
lot of back and forth going on over what seems to me to be a trivial issue. if you decided to root and rom your ov,then you gotta know that all roms are works in progress pretty much up until the time the development stops completely. and have to accept that having issues from time to time comes with the territory. id put mrg's rom up against stock any day with any current issues it may or may not have (appears to be some debate on whether there is any issue at all really,more of a perceived issue) and would know im better off for it. ive tried every stable rom on here and their little quirks beat stock any day. just some food for thought :beer::)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: dbacon84

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

lot of back and forth going on over what seems to me to be a trivial issue. if you decided to root and rom your ov,then you gotta know that all roms are works in progress pretty much up until the time the development stops completely. and have to accept that having issues from time to time comes with the territory. id put mrg's rom up against stock any day with any current issues it may or may not have (appears to be some debate on whether there is any issue at all really,more of a perceived issue) and would know im better off for it. ive tried every stable rom on here and their little quirks beat stock any day. just some food for thought :beer::)

its a great rom, and ive been using it as my daily. props to him for making such a smooth rom, but as i said. developers should be respectful, and as much as it sucks to say this (it really is a good rom) ill no longer be using it unless mrg gives me a good reason to.

Reactions: topdawg661

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Enough Sunday night drama. I hate this thread already. This is why I have not started this such a long time. But I will keep building the ROM first for myself and the ones who want to use it as long as I keep the phone.

Sellers, if this will make you happy, sorry. Don't feel bad about using the ROM if you want to. Most of the work belongs to others, many people. See you all when I build next time.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Enough Sunday night drama. I hate this thread already. This is why I have not started this such a long time. But I will keep building the ROM first for myself and the ones who want to use it as long as I keep the phone.

Sellers, if this will make you happy, sorry. Don't feel bad about using the ROM if you want to. Most of the work belongs to others, many people. See you all when I build next time.

Thanks for the thread mrg666. Sellers; no disrespect to you, but really? Your going to report mrg on his own thread for that?? Honestly, mrg is one of the few quality devs without a donate button, he has been huge in the process of making the OV what it is. And quite frankly he can tell me to eat a turd and I would still use this rom because he does this to make the best of this old mediocre phone, and doesn't ever ask for anything in return.

sent from my Nokia 5110

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the thread mrg666. Sellers; no disrespect to you, but really? Your going to report mrg on his own thread for that?? Honestly, mrg is one of the few quality devs without a donate button, he has been huge in the process of making the OV what it is. And quite frankly he can tell me to eat a turd and I would still use this rom because he does this to make the best of this old mediocre phone, and doesn't ever ask for anything in return.

sent from my Nokia 5110

He basically called the Guy an idiot. And that wasn't expected mrg, no hard feelings. I'm just stating my opinion, look at my signature lol. And just because someone has a donate button means they are not a quality dev? But I'm not getting into an argument about it. I was still going to recommend your rom to noobs just because its smooth and has like no bugs. I'm not a judgmental person, I just don't like seeing people disrespected. Thanks for the apology though. Have a good night/day and ill continue looking for updates

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cbucz24

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I freakin' love my mirage'd OV. :D

I'll follow Mrg666 and this rom until he switches phones or I drop my phone in the toilet.

Mrg666 listens to the community and the rom's quality reflects that.

Edit: By the way, I think it would be hard to get away from his work. I see "Fixed thanks to mrg666" everywhere. Just sayin'

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
He basically called the Guy an idiot. And that wasn't expected mrg, no hard feelings. I'm just stating my opinion, look at my signature lol. And just because someone has a donate button means they are not a quality dev? But I'm not getting into an argument about it. I was still going to recommend your rom to noobs just because its smooth and has like no bugs. I'm not a judgmental person, I just don't like seeing people disrespected. Thanks for the apology though. Have a good night/day and ill continue looking for updates

I have no problems with donate buttons, I have alot of respect for devs that do quality work without one. I know if i put as much time in developing as these guys and gals do, I would have a donate button, and that's why I admire the ones that don't. I honestly didn't mean any disrespect to you or anyone else.

sent from my Nokia 5110

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I have no problems with donate buttons, I have alot of respect for devs that do quality work without one. I know if i put as much time in developing as these guys and gals do, I would have a donate button, and that's why I admire the ones that don't. I honestly didn't mean any disrespect to you or anyone else.

sent from my Nokia 5110

Its fine dude. No hard feelings

pandulce1

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

Mrg, just wanted to say that your kernel seems to have solved the semi random reboots I was experiencing while using Google maps. It's been golden so far. Thanks.

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Mrg, just wanted to say that your kernel seems to have solved the semi random reboots I was experiencing while using Google maps. It's been golden so far. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. The last item on my list is fixing the headphone/headset problem that also affects the sound in video recording. I have posted the temporary solution earlier in this thread. After that is fixed properly, the kernel overhaul will be complete for me.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. The last item on my list is fixing the headphone/headset problem that also affects the sound in video recording. I have posted the temporary solution earlier in this thread. After that is fixed properly, the kernel overhaul will be complete for me.

Are you sure that's a kernel issue though?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Could be outside the kernel as I posted earlier ... looking into both possibilities.

I was doing more testing and I have found that it still possible to break the sound in video recording if I simply plug in the headphones and pull out before starting the camera app. There are two ways to resolve this temporarily. If you do a quick reboot in Links2SD (it takes 15-20 seconds) camera records video with sound after that. If you disable the shutter sound in camera, this problem does not happen.

I am looking into this and will post here when I can find a permanent solution. Since quick reboot does not reboot the kernel, I am thinking the fix could be in the Android OS. It would be great if you know and post a link to any discussion about such a problem in another CM7 system.

pandulce1

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

I just noticed that the dialer app during a call is quite different (and not at all pretty) than what's seen while first making a call. Are they separate apps? Is it possible to swap out the ugly dialer in favor of the cool looking one?

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I just noticed that the dialer app during a call is quite different (and not at all pretty) than what's seen while first making a call. Are they separate apps? Is it possible to swap out the ugly dialer in favor of the cool looking one?

You could try the following dialer app or pick a CM7 theme that will theme the dialer. There is a ICS theme recommended in the third post and Anthony has many CM7 themes in this forum. You could also pick a MIUI theme in the Google Play store or XDA.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.modoohut.dialer&token=7t5uyfQL

What you have is the default look of CM7 and it does not bother me. Actually, I had to check if my dialer is the same with your screenshots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair