[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

TheKyro

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Thanks for the link. I remember that discussion. Now that we know the trigger (just plug and unplug a headphone), I think I have found the problem location in the kernel source in arch/arm/mach-msm. I am trying to pinpoint the bug. The other option is to try backporting the relevant part of the code from LGE's latest kernel hoping that the problem is resolved there. But there are considerable changes in the API that doesn't allow simple drop-in replacements. I will post the result here soon.

Hi mrg,

I have an issue with the voip viber app; when i use my headphone hand-free kit with mic, the sound jumps from the headphone back to the phone itself

So I need to unplug and plug again my headphone every now and then when it happens, so that the sound go back to the headphone...

PS: thanks for what you give to the V community :)

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi mrg,

I have an issue with the voip viber app; when i use my headphone hand-free kit with mic, the sound jumps from the headphone back to the phone itself

So I need to unplug and plug again my headphone every now and then when it happens, so that the sound go back to the headphone...

There is a headphone problem if you can check the discussion in the previous pages and the last item in the third post. What you describe is probably connected to that problem and I am working on it. I will post here when I can find a fix.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
K flashed but boot loops
Here's wat it does
It goes to the android skater and it freezes redoes it and freezes for good so its not completely stable yet:p
Here were my steps for flashing worked for vm670 build
Reboot recovery
Wipe EVERYthing
Flashed rom
Flash gapps
Boot
Then it boot loops

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

K flashed but boot loops
Here's wat it does
It goes to the android skater and it freezes redoes it and freezes for good so its not completely stable yet:p
Here were my steps for flashing worked for vm670 build
Reboot recovery
Wipe EVERYthing
Flashed rom
Flash gapps
Boot
Then it boot loops

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. Digital House of Treats • Index page

If you want you can try the following.
- download the VM670 build from the OP
- drag and drop the following files from vm670 to ls670 build
-- /system/app/SystemUI.apk
-- /system/app/Settings.apk

This might fix the bootloop since I did some optional modding in those files. If it doesn't help. I will need to rebuild an LS670 ROM from source code next time. If you are interested let me know.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

If you want you can try the following.
- download the VM670 build from the OP
- drag and drop the following files from vm670 to ls670 build
-- /system/app/SystemUI.apk
-- /system/app/Settings.apk

This might fix the bootloop since I did some optional modding in those files. If it doesn't help. I will need to rebuild an LS670 ROM from source code next time. If you are interested let me know.

im running a LS670 IHO build right now (just for the hell of it, im bored) and if you want I can upload it when done.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

im running a LS670 IHO build right now (just for the hell of it, im bored) and if you want I can upload it when done.

Sure, the discussion started since Jonny wanted to try MiRaGe on LS670. If he wants to try another build that would be helpful. That is up to Jonny.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Sure, the discussion started since Jonny wanted to try MiRaGe on LS670. If he wants to try another build that would be helpful. That is up to Jonny.

well, its straight IHO, i was suggesting you could use it to base mirage off of so you didnt have to do a build

lilwoolf1984

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Is this rom and kernel a good rom to put on my phone ? I want 7.2 since i only have the original cyanogenmod 7 running 2.3.3. Can someone tell me if i makin the right choice? Thanks.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Is this rom and kernel a good rom to put on my phone ? I want 7.2 since i only have the original cyanogenmod 7 running 2.3.3. Can someone tell me if i makin the right choice? Thanks.

Yea hands down top of the iho chain up there with harmonia 2.08 and backside can't go wrong with any of those but I would suggest this rom but with all due respect to jerryscript, LeslieAnn, and Bobzhome and let's not forget blarf . :D

AOKP, G-T-R, MiRaGe, Godzilla, JOYOS, Harmonia killing the game!!!!

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

It's my go-to ROM, I use it whenever I'm not trying something else. There's no right or wrong choice in ROMs (mostly lol), but MiRaGe is a great one.

Reactions: mrg666 and inceyet

pandulce1

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

Hi mrg, I have an issue with the voip viber app; when i use my headphone hand-free kit with mic, the sound jumps from the headphone back to the phone itself so I need to unplug and plug again my headphone every now and then when it happens, so that the sound go back to the headphone...

The very same thing happened to me several times during a viber call, except I was using the speakerphone. I rarely use speakerphone, so I completely forgot about it. The rom might just dislike that app.

TheKyro

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

The very same thing happened to me several times during a viber call, except I was using the speakerphone. I rarely use speakerphone, so I completely forgot about it. The rom might just dislike that app.

yes, that's right, same issue with the speakerphone

Yanu

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

I flashed my OV with the latest version for VZW (twice) and it ended up in a boot loop. I tried the VM version and it worked fine. Any idea why that might happen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance