[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I just tested again. I have 5.4.0 installed. The latest update is shown as incompatible. This should be something to be fixed by the TB devs since my nook color shows the same.

Edit: Today, I finally got tired of ever growing size and bloat of TB and deleted it from every Android I have. Good riddance.

Last edited:

KhenemetHeru

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Thanks a lot mrg666! I just flashed this to my and my wife's Optimus V's, this ROM is sweet.

I had one hang where I needed to do a battery pull, but I think it was related to my playing with the cpu settings. I don't really need to do that at the moment, so I'm going to leave things alone for now.

One question, I previously used Autokiller Memory Manager for certain tasks, mostly for the tweaks to the sd card read/write and to keep noatime applied... if I want to keep using it, are there any gross incompatibilities with this ROM or tweaks I should avoid using with this ROM?

Also I noticed ext2/4 support is in the kernel, i know it's not the purpose of this thread but if someone could PM me on how to convert the filesystems, I currently have CWMod 3.0.2.4 installed as my recovery, and I didn't find that as an option like I was used to in the older CWMod version on my defunct Intercept.

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Thanks a lot mrg666! I just flashed this to my and my wife's Optimus V's, this ROM is sweet.

I had one hang where I needed to do a battery pull, but I think it was related to my playing with the cpu settings. I don't really need to do that at the moment, so I'm going to leave things alone for now.

One question, I previously used Autokiller Memory Manager for certain tasks, mostly for the tweaks to the sd card read/write and to keep noatime applied... if I want to keep using it, are there any gross incompatibilities with this ROM or tweaks I should avoid using with this ROM?

Also I noticed ext2/4 support is in the kernel, i know it's not the purpose of this thread but if someone could PM me on how to convert the filesystems, I currently have CWMod 3.0.2.4 installed as my recovery, and I didn't find that as an option like I was used to in the older CWMod version on my defunct Intercept.

Avoid autokillers. Android comes with a function called as "lowmemorykiller" included in the kernel and kills applications when necessary. Any other auto-killer app will be conflicting with lowmemorykiller, reducing the efficieny of Android and battery life. If you are using auto-killer to control a misbehaving app, don't keep misbehaving apps in your phone. Delete them with the auto-killer app altogether.

For recovery, go one level up in this forum you will see the Cannibal Open Touch v1.2. That is the latest and greatest. Don't forget renewing your nandroid backup after replacing the recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Badboytoast

bkttk2

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

mrg666 posting incase others have same question I do. I noticed that the direct kernel only downloads, after updated ROM posting, shows only 12Jun and 21Jun. Currently I am using the 23Jun kernel.

Wanting to know it there are issues with the 23Jun kernel and/or if there is a more recent kernel that just has not been posted yet? Thanks in advance for yhour response and mostly THANK YOU for the great ROM.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
GPU > CPU
It's a simple tweak and the boost in performance is without a doubt noticeable. Would anyone care to try it? I'll share the necessary files.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

mrg666 posting incase others have same question I do. I noticed that the direct kernel only downloads, after updated ROM posting, shows only 12Jun and 21Jun. Currently I am using the 23Jun kernel.

Wanting to know it there are issues with the 23Jun kernel and/or if there is a more recent kernel that just has not been posted yet? Thanks in advance for yhour response and mostly THANK YOU for the great ROM.

06232012 build was removed since the fix included in that build was ineffective. I have also reverted that fix. It will run fine but it is not better than 06212012 build.

If you (or anyone else) want to be on the cutting edge, I have just uploaded a test kernel. It seems to be running very smooth to me. I would appreciate any feedback. Changes and download link are in my github repo.

GPU > CPU
It's a simple tweak and the boost in performance is without a doubt noticeable. Would anyone care to try it? I'll share the necessary files.

I think I know what you will share and it had many stability problems with IHO if I remember correctly. Please post the links, I will check them out.

Last edited:

llamadon

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I just tested again. I have 5.4.0 installed. The latest update is shown as incompatible. This should be something to be fixed by the TB devs since my nook color shows the same

I got the key from play store and the app from the TB site.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

norwoodsteel

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I just tested again. I have 5.4.0 installed. The latest update is shown as incompatible. This should be something to be fixed by the TB devs since my nook color shows the same.

Edit: Today, I finally got tired of ever growing size and bloat of TB and deleted it from every Android I have. Good riddance.

had to download TB from their site
installed fine. message came up [in TB] that my phone id # had changed, would i like to revert?
then it did a reboot and market finally identified it.
this phone id # [not a direct quote but my best recollection] has happened 3 or 4 times after trying ice roms.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Mybackup root. Its way faster than TB, and you don't have to click install for every app. Its great for lazy people like me :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kenharkey7

bkttk2

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

06232012 build was removed since the fix included in that build was ineffective. I have also reverted that fix. It will run fine but it is not better than 06212012 build.

If you (or anyone else) want to be on the cutting edge, I have just uploaded a test kernel. It seems to be running very smooth to me. I would appreciate any feedback. Changes and download link are in my github repo.

Thanks I will give it a try!!

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Mybackup root. Its way faster than TB, and you don't have to click install for every app. Its great for lazy people like me :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

My backup root kept glitching for me. it would say no backups found. I think it doesn't like sdext. I haven't tried it for ever though

sent from my Nokia 5110

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
had to download TB from their site
installed fine. message came up [in TB] that my phone id # had changed, would i like to revert?
then it did a reboot and market finally identified it.
this phone id # [not a direct quote but my best recollection] has happened 3 or 4 times after trying ice roms.

Its a new thing TB does. When ever you flash a new rom, your android Id changes (which affects websites and apps that use your android id to identify your device, for instance every time I flash a different rom I have to get a new security pin on my banks website, because it doesn't recognize my devices id.) TB will now backup your android id so it will remain the same Evey time you flash a new rom

sent from my Nokia 5110

Reactions: norwoodsteel

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I think I know what you will share and it had many stability problems with IHO if I remember correctly. Please post the links, I will check them out.

Here you go :)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1575984
Hopefully it shows more improvements than bugs this time around. I only tested it on quattrimus so far, but I'm positive it'll work well with IHO. I'm about to test it out on mirage.

Yeah, I'll give it a go. I think you should start a separate thread for it though.

Not my tweak tho, should I start a thread for it anyway? I'll give the OP proper credit for it.

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who is interested in those tweaks, exclude the Qualcomm build.prop tweaks part if you don't know what you're doing, I haven't tested it yet, but I think I remember reading about the OV having Qualcomm.

Edit: forgot to mention that I tried the build.prop tweaks on another Qualcomm device, semi-bricked it and got it stuck on bootloop and had to restore it but maybe that's because it was on ICS.

Last edited:

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Here you go :)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1575984
Hopefully it shows more improvements than bugs this time around. I only tested it on quattrimus so far, but I'm positive it'll work well with IHO. I'm about to test it out on mirage.

Not my tweak tho, should I start a thread for it anyway? I'll give the OP proper credit for it.

Personally I think a separate thread is a good idea. If this tweak is beneficial to many of the roms then it's own thread will reach many people instead of just the ones who happen to see it here.

While I'm here thank you mrg666, I'm running the 7 7 build and its fantastic. Average 12 hours battery with heavy usage. My charger is getting lonely lol

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Personally I think a separate thread is a good idea. If this tweak is beneficial to many of the roms then it's own thread will reach many people instead of just the ones who happen to see it here.

While I'm here thank you mrg666, I'm running the 7 7 build and its fantastic. Average 12 hours battery with heavy usage. My charger is getting lonely lol

Alright, I'll start a thread. By the way, I'm currently testing it on mirage and apps that would freeze up and become unresponsive such as Facebook all of a sudden work blazing fast. I definitely see improvements and I haven't come across a single problem, yet. I would also like to thank mrg666, mirage is still my all time favorite of all the IHO roms :)

Edit: I made a thread for it, check it out :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88