[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks MRG! You've gained another enthused switchover user. This is one lean, efficient and speedy ROM which I like--performance over eye-candy. I've been using v07072012 with the test kernel for the last couple of days, and I'm impressed so far. Keep up the great work and on-going support! Much thanks again!

Just one anomaly observed, the display brightness level setting does not seem to stick after entering and exiting a sleep cycle. The display would always wake with the brightness level back at the dimmest level. This may be great for conserving battery life, but not so usable when trying to enter the unlocking PIN outdoors--especially under sunlight. This might be a general IHO issue, as the same behavior has been observed with BACKside too. Please confirm if this operation is indeed by design, or an issue, or just my specific configuration. Not a show-stopper by any means, but any input or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: mrg666

JussCallMeUno

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
that has to be a bad dl... did you check md5sums to make sure they match?... did you wipe/format properly before flashing?... ive never seen/read of any compatibility issues with mirage....

Yes. I had the same problems with ICS so I went back to mirage and now idk what the problem is.

Edit: nevermind i got it to work

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Just one anomaly observed, the display brightness level setting does not seem to stick after entering and exiting a sleep cycle.

The brightness levels stick for me. Try to use the following app to switch autobrightness off
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.abrody.brightness&token=J0R0NZsn

Also, go into notification power widget settings (settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Notification power widget > widget buttons > Brightness modes) and uncheck the "auto" setting. OV does not have the light sensor for auto brightness setting and causes such trouble if enabled. After it is accidentally enabled, autobrightness also gets stuck. You can switch off with the app above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Encerspay45 and tli

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
It was the 'Auto' setting...

..., go into notification power widget settings (settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Notification power widget > widget buttons > Brightness modes) and uncheck the "auto" setting. OV does not have the light sensor for auto brightness setting and causes such trouble if enabled. ...

Bingo! Unchecked the 'Auto' option, and the brightness level is sticking now. Thank you for the quick response!

[Edit] BTW, that option is checked by default upon a fresh ROM install. Luckily, I didn't toggle that setting, so I didn't need to use the suggested app. [/Edit]

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Good look!! :D

Haden't noticed much difference in the actual brightness level or what it was actually set at or even being reverted back to a higher level than specified. Un-checked "Auto" and i know will fix this issue now. Thanks to the "step-by-step" as far as the Cyanogen settings menus.
I switched to MiRaGe from BACK-Side two weeks ago and both a really nice!!
Awesome and a BIG thanks to everyone :D

KhenemetHeru

May 12, 2012
Visit site

I think I found a bug, and searching didn't net me any hits, so I'll ask... is there a way to get this ROM to save and use a static IP for wifi? I tried the usual method, thru the advanced menu in wifi settings, and it doesn't save the info entered; once you hit save and back out of the settings the info you enter is gone. Personally I think DHCP sucks if you don't need to use it, so is there something I'm missing, or is there a way to do it by writing a cfg or pref file in a text editor or by using a terminal emulator?

Edit: ok, this is strange... the problem above occurred on my wife's phone. I tried it just now on my phone, and it took the static IP and keeps the settings no problem. So it's got to be something with the installation on her phone. So I'm really stumped now. Bad flash?

Edit 2: Rebooting her phone (for a totally different reason) made the problem go away... I feel like such a noob. Please ignore this now.

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I think I found a bug, and searching didn't net me any hits, so I'll ask... is there a way to get this ROM to save and use a static IP for wifi? I tried the usual method, thru the advanced menu in wifi settings, and it doesn't save the info entered; once you hit save and back out of the settings the info you enter is gone. Personally I think DHCP sucks if you don't need to use it, so is there something I'm missing, or is there a way to do it by writing a cfg or pref file in a text editor or by using a terminal emulator?

Edit: ok, this is strange... the problem above occurred on my wife's phone. I tried it just now on my phone, and it took the static IP and keeps the settings no problem. So it's got to be something with the installation on her phone. So I'm really stumped now. Bad flash?

Edit 2: Rebooting her phone (for a totally different reason) made the problem go away... I feel like such a noob. Please ignore this now.

I never really knew anything about using a static IP, how would you benefit from that?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

mkoyskip

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

About my 11877 day battery usage - thanks for all the helpful info/replies,

Somehow I musta missed the similar issues when scanning the thread. Didn't notice it until late so (of course) I did a reboot, and when I woke up deleted battery.ini or whatever it's called, and let it charge. After that it looked 'normal' - just I'd never had that issue occur in my long, long, long time of android usage (ok, really? less than 2 years but hey, feels like much longer:))

Anyway been loving the rom, thanks.

mjm_ac

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Can someone confirm....

USB mass storage does not work with these phones and any IHO based rom under Windows unless the LG driver is used?

I've read posts over on xda & other places concerning this and some of them are unclear (and old).
I sometimes transfer files to/from my phone on other peoples computers and I would not be able to load the LG drivers.
This prevents me from using any of the IHO roms.

Thanks,
Mike

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

you need the lg drivers for your phone to be recognized unless its a linux based os... this goes for all roms, even stock... put a copy of the drivers on a usb stick and take it with you, install the drivers, transfer whatever... when youre done, uninstall/delete the drivers from their os...

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Alternatively, you could use an app like Wi-Fi File Transfer (if their computers have Wi-Fi).

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

you need the lg drivers for your phone to be recognized unless its a linux based os... this goes for all roms, even stock... put a copy of the drivers on a usb stick and take it with you, install the drivers, transfer whatever... when youre done, uninstall/delete the drivers from their os...

Incorrect, the stock rom will enable USB mass storage without the drivers installed. Also, most of the Froyo roms will work without the drivers, as they are based on stock.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Incorrect, the stock rom will enable USB mass storage without the drivers installed. Also, most of the Froyo roms will work without the drivers, as they are based on stock.

The froyo roms have the drivers built in, so when you plug it up, it says Installing Device Driver.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

mjm_ac

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The froyo roms have the drivers built in, so when you plug it up, it says Installing Device Driver.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks all for confirming...

It makes sense that the drivers are built into Froyo. If I remember correctly, Harmonia 1.x worked without the LG drivers (as well as stock).
All the others that I have tried have been non-Froyo.
And yes, I'm still running stock.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I love love love the rom! :) One request however: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remove the "01mvdalvik" file from "init.d" in the "etc" folder in the root directory? I end up not being able to install apps, and every time I have to update, I'll forget to remove it before flashing. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007