[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

I love love love the rom! :) One request however: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remove the "01mvdalvik" file from "init.d" in the "etc" folder in the root directory? I end up not being able to install apps, and every time I have to update, I'll forget to remove it before flashing. :mad:

Well, it is worse for me. I have to build the ROM every time I update. :D

I will leave the removal of 01mvdalvik to the ones who want to do it. Removing that script to increase space in /cache causes other complications that I don't want to deal with. For example the ones who are not linking /data to sdext2 will start complaining about low space in /data this time since the purpose of 01mvdalvik is to balance the storage space between /cache and /data. I can't recommend everybody to link their /data to sdext2 either.

Reactions: tli

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MiRaGe 07162012

I have uploaded the 07162012 build.

- Synced with CM
- replaced the generic EGL library with GPU accelerated libraries (thanks to leolawliet)
- New kernel with
-- optimized strnlen, strncpy, and crc32 functions
-- added KSM
-- removed some of the DEBUG and Kernel hacking configs
- added a tiny conversion patch for Optimus S (i.e. LS670) on Sprint network
- replaced the VZW build with another tiny conversion patch for Optimus V on Verizon network

To use the conversion patches, please install the MiRaGe VM670 ROM first and flash the patch right after. I have tested the conversion patches but given that this is the first release don't forget a nandroid backup before doing anything.

The download links, changes, and credits are in the OP.

Edit: I have added the LS670 version after user requests and this is the first build for Optimus S. So I would appreciate especially feedback and comments for Optimus S.

Last edited:

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Is the kernel included in the build? The link in the op still shows the 7/8 test kernel.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: MiRaGe 07162012

- Synced with CM
- replaced the generic EGL library with GPU accelerated libraries (thanks to leolawliet)
- New kernel with
-- added KSM
- replaced the VZW build with another tiny conversion patch for Optimus V on Verizon network

To use the conversion patches, please install the MiRaGe VM670 ROM first and flash the patch right after. I have tested the conversion patches but given that this is the first release don't forget a nandroid backup before doing anything.

Just installed, the system seems to have more of a kick in it now!

UI has a lot more performance it seems
boot-up is a tid bit faster
Seems to be a bit more responsive as well
Antutu gave me a 1850 for a benchmark!

Nicely done again mrg666!!

Also, I do have a bit of a side question for you mrg. If ICS never gets stable for this phone, would you look into porting the Optimus S 2.6.35 kernel to our phone? So we can have some sort of "upgrade" I guess you could say :)

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

- Synced with CM
- New kernel with
-- added KSM

Going to try it out when I get home :)

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Also, I do have a bit of a side question for you mrg. If ICS never gets stable for this phone, would you look into porting the Optimus S 2.6.35 kernel to our phone? So we can have some sort of "upgrade" I guess you could say :)

MiRaGe kernel is a heavily modified/customized kernel. It is shown as 2.6.32 but in many ways the code base diverged far from the original point. Many updates/features have been backported from 2.6.32.59, 2.6.38, 2.6.35, and 3.0 kernels. There are recent merges even from 3.5 release candidate in the latest version. There are also components like BFS, SLQB, SIO scheduler out of the mainstream Linux repo. So, going to 2.6.35 will be actually a downgrade in many ways. Please have a look at my Github repo following the link in the OP for the changes in the kernel. I would only change this kernel with a 3.0 kernel.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
MiRaGe kernel is a heavily modified/customized kernel. It is shown as 2.6.32 but in many ways the code base diverged far from the original point. Many updates/features have been backported from 2.6.32.59, 2.6.38, 2.6.35, and 3.0 kernels. There are recent merges even from 3.5 release candidate in the latest version. There are also components like BFS, SLQB, SIO scheduler out of the mainstream Linux repo. So, going to 2.6.35 will be actually a downgrade in many ways. Please have a look at my Github repo following the link in the OP for the changes in the kernel. I would only change this kernel with a 3.0 kernel.

How do you back port all of this stuff? I want to get into kernels, but I need some background first.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mac_rmm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Just to make sure (and I have read through the 19 pages), I do not have to wipe anything if I am just flashing an update?? Is it better to wipe cache and davlik cache and then flash the update?

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

O.O nvm...

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

How do you back port all of this stuff? I want to get into kernels, but I need some background first.

Start with learning C, developing, debugging, and building software in C, using the GNU compilers and make utility. Then, get familiar with configuring and building the Linux kernel and finding your way around its code base. In the next stage, start modifying the code and resolving dependencies, testing, debugging.

Just to make sure (and I have read through the 19 pages), I do not have to wipe anything if I am just flashing an update?? Is it better to wipe cache and davlik cache and then flash the update?

Please read the stickies in this forum. I have not repeated those very useful information here. Basically, you are always supposed to wipe cache and dalvik-cache before updating your ROM. If the current ROM is not MiRage, a full wipe is recommended (i.e. /data, /system, and /cache).

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Start with learning C, developing, debugging, and building software in C, using the GNU compilers and make utility. Then, get familiar with configuring and building the Linux kernel and finding your way around its code base. In the next stage, start modifying the code and resolving dependencies, testing, debugging.

OK thanks. I may start working on a kernel after I get back from cedar point

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

@mrg--- are you gonna update your github/kernel/downloads?... I was looking for the new kernel but doesn't look like its been updated yet...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy