[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

A hard working lowmemorykiller also makes the garbage collector work more. That is why I think KSM is a cool feature to have since it (supposedly) helps the other two work less. There is of course an intersection of the two load curves and I am not sure on which side we are. :p But as long as I don't get instability, I will keep it running on my phone to feel even geekier :)

I'll give you that, you by far have the most advanced kernel I have ever seen for an android device LOL, I don't even think the legendary "Franco Kernel" could compare :p

Reactions: mrg666

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Double post due to different topic

RESULTS FOR YOU!

AnTuTu v2.9
System: 806mhz/245 mhz (Interactive)

KSM DVM(DEFAULT SETTINGS)(Loss in CPU Integer/Float, 2d/3d graphics, Gain in SD I/O balance 7.5mb write 10.5 read)
1. 1570 (50 FPS 2d/15 fps 3d)
2. 1516 (45 FPS 2d/15 fps 3d)

NO KSM DVM(Gain in CPU Integer/Float, 2d/3d graphics, loss in SD I/O Balance 5.3mb write 13.5mb read)
1. 1807(60 FPS 2d/21 fps 3d)
2. 1849(63 FPS 2d/21 fps 3d)

It looks like KSM in the DVM does cause a performance loss... a noticeable one.

But I did notice that KSM in the DVM did reduce Dalvik VM caches, and it was clearing less often.

So I think It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep KSM in the DVM, but putting the flash-able zips to enable/disable it in the OP.

People can choose what they want, compact size or performance. :)

Also just to clarify, mrg666 the patch only turns KSM off in the DVM right? Not the KSM in the Kernel itself?

Last edited:

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

I hope this hasn't already been posted anywhere in this thread (the thread search function is kind of bad) but I am having trouble getting this rom to load on an optimus S. Here is what I have done:
From xionia_cwma_12518.6 recovery flashed (in this order):
VM670-CM7.2-IHO-07272012_MiRaGe.zip
VM670_VZW_patch_CM7.2_IHO_07272012_MiRaGe.zip
LS670_patch_CM7.2_IHO_07272012_MiRaGe.zip
and then it hangs forever at the skateboarding CM7 logo forever.
Here is the logcat (it just seems to loop and loop the same thing forever... http://pastebin.com/jGnvGVih

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

I hope this hasn't already been posted anywhere in this thread (the thread search function is kind of bad) but I am having trouble getting this rom to load on an optimus S. Here is what I have done:
Here is the logcat (it just seems to loop and loop the same thing forever... --------- beginning of /dev/log/system W/PackageManager( 1714): Not granting - Pastebin.com

Permission errors, try running repair permissions in recovery.

make sure you mount System and Data before you do it though!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Double post due to different topic

RESULTS FOR YOU!

Also just to clarify, mrg666 the patch only turns KSM off in the DVM right? Not the KSM in the Kernel itself?

Thanks for the detailed benchmarks, I am also running them and Antutu is all over the place. Anyway, we will keep the ksm patch as an option. The patch actually turns the KSM service in the kernel on and off. DVM uses KSM only when it is available.

Here is the logcat (it just seems to loop and loop the same thing forever... http://pastebin.com/jGnvGVih

Skip the VZW patch for Optimus S, you don't flash it to Optimus S.

If you get the boot loop again,

- do a clean wipe
- flash the main ROM only,
- boot once
- flash the LS670 patch without wiping anything and reboot

Reactions: garbb

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

If you get the boot loop again,

- do a clean wipe
- flash the main ROM only,
- boot once
- flash the LS670 patch without wiping anything and reboot

Ok, thanks, this worked. Now on to the actual reason I was trying this rom, (again sorry if this has already been mentioned but I couldn't find it in the thread.) This rom, like every other optimus one variant CM7 port I have tried has a bug that prevents the phone from entering sleep when bluetooth is turned on, causing excessive battery drain. If you go and install BetteryBatteryStats and turn on bluetooth you can can see that it will always be awake 100% of the time bluetooth is enabled as well as the wakelock I mentioned showing up all the time the screen is off (and the phone should be sleeping). Whenever the screen goes off the wakelock "msm_serial_hs_dma" stays on and keeps the phone awake. It is the exact same behavior that this guy describes here (even though it is for a different phone):
My HTC Wildfire S didn’t want to go into the “Deep Sleep” mode at all if radio was turned on. It worked with Airplane mode. I thought this has something todo with RIL but I was wrong. Actually it was a bluetooth wakelock. The wakelock “msm_serial_hs_dma” was held all the time. The problem is that the msm7227 platform doesn’t supports quick switch-on/off of the bluetooth module and you need to deactivate it with an overlay else ICS always tries to trigger it.

So adding

<bool name="config_bluetooth_adapter_quick_switch">false </bool>

to overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml fixed the problem and the wakelock was gone.
Unfortunately as far as I could tell there is no config_bluetooth_adapter_quick_switch option for CM7, only CM9. I thought since you are still actively developing a CM7 rom for these phones you might be able to take a look at and/or possibly kill this bug.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I thought since you are still actively developing a CM7 rom for these phones you might be able to take a look at and/or possibly kill this bug.

I checked CM7 code. Bluetooth sleep is not a bug, it is not implemented, just a missing feature. Adding the bluetooth sleep policy (just like WiFi) is possible. I am not promising something very soon but let me see.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have reverted the KSM changes in the kernel and dalvik-vm since it needs more work before being added again. The build is updated as 07302012 build and available in the OP.

So is the new build different than the last one without the KSM? because I don't have the KSM patch flashed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

hey mrg, I was chatting with VM on why they pulled the zv9 update, and they said it was because of issues with video recording while in silent mode... do you think that may be part of the whole headphones video recording thing?

EDIT: my reason for asking, is that it would prove that the issue is related to the zv9 kernel updates.

Last edited:

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to post real quick that not only is this a great rom (both myself and my wife are using it, op v and s) but this is the most technical thread out there I've learned a few things just from watching this thread, thank you for that

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

hey mrg, I was chatting with VM on why they pulled the zv9 update, and they said it was because of issues with video recording while in silent mode... do you think that may be part of the whole headphones video recording thing?

EDIT: my reason for asking, is that it would prove that the issue is related to the zv9 kernel updates.

The two sound problems (no sound in video recording after headphone plugged in and out, headset mic not working) were there before ZV9 update. While merging ZV9 update, I haven't seen any change that could affect the sound system either. I still could not pin point the problem and, actually, haven't been looking into it since some time.

Reactions: sellers86

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
The two sound problems (no sound in video recording after headphone plugged in and out, headset mic not working) were there before ZV9 update. While merging ZV9 update, I haven't seen any change that could affect the sound system either. I still could not pin point the problem and, actually, haven't been looking into it since some time.

Oh ok. Just thought I would ask

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Using a task-kilker app would not be necessary or recommended either kernal update?
Was using easy task killer... now uninstalled...idk seems battery drained like 2% more without the app...
I have not reverted or changed kernal flash or anything since the 7/27 update.
Your input or suggestions on weather to use 1 of these is appreciated

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to latest build.

Two sec delay for force closes is much appreciated. :) How do we customize the delay?

Sent from my mirage'd OV.

dfunk44

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

I was thinking there used to be a feature where you could swipe the status bar to adjust the brightness on this rom. Is that gone? Under the status bar brightness control mine reads that automatic brightness is enabled, but greyed out. Great rom btw!

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

I was thinking there used to be a feature where you could swipe the status bar to adjust the brightness on this rom. Is that gone? Under the status bar brightness control mine reads that automatic brightness is enabled, but greyed out. Great rom btw!

Automatic brightness should be UN-checked.
You go into your status bar settings in CyanogenMod menu to add the brightness button to it

Reactions: dfunk44

dfunk44

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

No matter what I do the "status bar brightness" is greyed out. Where is the "automatic brightness" setting exactly?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet