[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I guess I didn't mean truly underclocking, but I run 122 as a min and its a vast improvement in battery life from say 480. 480 drains me very fast. My max is usually 748, interactive x.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Unless the kernel has defined voltage preferences depending on clock-speed.

I have my CPU minimal set at 122 mhz and I've been noticing a longer battery life, to the point where my last full battery cycle(Full to dead) lasted 3 days without powering off the device at all.(This includes, Phone calls, txt, sms/mms, 3g data, wifi data, music, and youtube)

Point still being, voltage on these phones are controlled via kernel.

Our kernels don't support undervolting yet. Unless mrg666 implemented it. But I don't think he did.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

He made modifications to the interactive governor to take advantage of the lower than 480 speeds. If you search back early in the thread, he basically detailed the process as it happened.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

mrg666 has the best Gingerbread kernel IMO, s/he knows his stuff about the linux kernel, I'm pretty much humbled by it.

btw mrg666, would you mind looking into this thread

It looks like the ICS drivers for our GPU has been back ported to 2.6.35, do you think you could back port them to your kernel?

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
mrg666 has the best Gingerbread kernel IMO, s/he knows his stuff about the linux kernel, I'm pretty much humbled by it.

It looks like the ICS drivers for our GPU has been back ported to 2.6.35, do you think you could back port them to your kernel?

That'd probably make the eglpatch better

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

That's my next step on my kernel :p It'd be awesome if mrg did as I'm not as comfortable with driver changes. I did confirm with the guys over at p500 who did the merge to their gb tree that there are noticeable improvements.

I will also mention that kernel had reverted it and then readded it at one point
git history of one of those files
so I'd make sure you're grabbing the right one.

Last edited:

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Upgraded from November version of Mirage ROM to the latest. Not a full wipe but just cache and Delvik.

Everything seems to work but had a problem of updating apps. Some (not all) apps would download fine but get a message of invalid package during the process of updating.

Had to go back to the old version. Any idea as to how to fix? The error occurs with or without Link2SD.

Thanks.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I would try a full wipe and partition your card with an ext partition. To start with. That's how I'm running and i have yet to see an invalid package error

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Upgraded from November version of Mirage ROM to the latest. Not a full wipe but just cache and Delvik.

Everything seems to work but had a problem of updating apps. Some (not all) apps would download fine but get a message of invalid package during the process of updating.

Had to go back to the old version. Any idea as to how to fix? The error occurs with or without Link2SD.

Thanks.

Too much has changed since then. Full wipe is the only way. I usually run the same versions for a few weeks to months and full wipe. I only "dirty" flash when I just updated and then a new version comes out that night.

reidiandcen

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Reboot During Navigation

MiRaGe Build 7/16
VM670

My VM670 frequently spontaneously reboots just after I start Navigating. Typically I enter my destination, the navigation screen appears and the first voice direction is given. Then the phone reboots. I'm using Interactive CPU mode and have dialed the Max CPU down to 600 MHz, which may have helped.

Anyone else? This was happening on Harmonia CM7 too, which is why I switched.

EDIT: My phone is at ZV5. Don't know if that would have any bearing on the navigation issue though - different radio used for GPS/navigation?

Last edited:

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Reboot During Navigation

MiRaGe Build 7/16
VM670

My VM670 frequently spontaneously reboots just after I start Navigating. Typically I enter my destination, the navigation screen appears and the first voice direction is given. Then the phone reboots. I'm using Interactive CPU mode and have dialed the Max CPU down to 600 MHz, which may have helped.

Anyone else? This was happening on Harmonia CM7 too, which is why I switched.

My brother had this happen after I updated his phone to zv9 firmware. He had to tone it down to 600 to not get reboots. There's more to this story, since I had soft bricked it and used sammyz method (zv5) to unbrick it. I don't know what caused the reboot problem. After zv9, I rooted and restored the latest MiRaGe and that's what happened. Kept rebooting until we clocked to 600, even though 729 was stable before.

But not on my phone, with zv9, my battery went down from 2 days to barely 1 now.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Reboot During Navigation

My brother had this happen after I updated his phone to zv9 firmware. He had to tone it down to 600 to not get reboots. There's more to this story, since I had soft bricked it and used sammyz method (zv5) to unbrick it. I don't know what caused the reboot problem. After zv9, I rooted and restored the latest MiRaGe and that's what happened. Kept rebooting until we clocked to 600, even though 729 was stable before.

But not on my phone, with zv9, my battery went down from 2 days to barely 1 now.

Interesting... I'm still on ZV4 with my phone. All these horror stories have confirmed my research on upgrading the radio.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Downloads are just slower. It's the pros and cons of the update, seeing as though VM still has horrible download speeds.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I didn't know if it was my kernel or if it was the ROM but I have noticed my phone will spit a bunch of texts out after I reboot.
Seems like it isn't always getting them immediately. Is that what you've been experiencing?

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeaa I guess it is da rom. I changed roms an haven't had problems so far. Sumtimes I get dem 3-5 mins later or 15-20 mins later or.never

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [O13's SMS Issue... ]

Has anyone had problems wit SMS wit da latest build?

Yeaa I guess it is da rom. I changed roms an haven't had problems so far. Sumtimes I get dem 3-5 mins later or 15-20 mins later or.never

No SMS problem with the latest build on my OV. Received several messages fine this morning, and just tested texting from GV to my phone. Test message received under a minute after sending. Which app are you using? I'm using the latest version of Handcent with MiRaGe without any issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac