[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
No SMS problem with the latest build on my OV. Received several messages fine this morning, and just tested texting from GV to my phone. Test message received under a minute after sending. Which app are you using? I'm using the latest version of Handcent with MiRaGe without any issue.

Jus da regular texting app.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

KhenemetHeru

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

had something weird happen after trying to clean up my wife's phone; a complete wipe of everything thru recovery, clean flash 07162012 build, and she's getting the "package file is invalid" error reinstalling her apps from the market (well, google play store, you know what I mean). This has occurred thru 3 reflashes, with different apps throwing the error.

On my phone, which is running the same build, no problems. Her phone is one of the earlier ones, on zv5 but still the old hardware. Mine is the newer hardware, also zv5. Is there really a significant difference that would make this happen, or are we looking at bad flashes?

fwiw neither of us is using link2sd, and the "wipe market cache and data/format cache/format dalvik cache" procedure usually quoted hasn't solved the problem, and removing 01mvdalvik from init.d per Bobzhome as some have suggested only bloats the data partition and doesn't solve the problem either.

I know it's not a ROM thing, but any ideas?

also fwiw I chose that particular build to stick with because it's been rock solid stable for me.

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

... a complete wipe of everything thru recovery, clean flash 07162012 build, and she's getting the "package file is invalid" error reinstalling her apps from the market (well, google play store, you know what I mean). This has occurred thru 3 reflashes, with different apps throwing the error.

I know it's not a ROM thing, but any ideas?

Flashed gapp too after flashing the ROM?

KhenemetHeru

May 12, 2012
Visit site

yes, flashed agps patch and gapps as usual after each flash of the ROM.

also, don't know if it makes a difference but she's on Xionia recovery at the moment because she had at one point gotten the bootloop error and needed that to fix it, but as far as I know that was pre-MiRaGe. I'm on BobZHome's recovery. I was planning to flash that recovery to her phone tonight to try to make things as "equal" as possible.

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

... she's on Xionia recovery at the moment because she had at one point gotten the bootloop error and needed that to fix it, but as far as I know that was pre-MiRaGe. I'm on BobZHome's recovery. I was planning to flash that recovery to her phone tonight to try to make things as "equal" as possible.

I have no experience with Xionia but I've used BobZhome until recently--definitely worth a try switching the recovery. Also, for a completely clean install, I personally perform 3 times for each of the following operations via recovery, before flashing the ROM and GApps:

- wipe cache
- wipe dalvik cache
- format boot
- format system
- format data
- format cache

HTH...

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

KhenemetHeru

May 12, 2012
Visit site

I have no experience with Xionia but I've used BobZhome until recently--definitely worth a try switching the recovery. Also, for a completely clean install, I personally perform 3 times for each of the following operations via recovery, before flashing the ROM and GApps:

- wipe cache
- wipe dalvik cache
- format boot
- format system
- format data
- format cache

HTH...

thanks, we just did it all as you suggested and so far, :: knock on wood :: it's working... I really hope this isn't due to bad flash memory in the phone, as it's WAY out of warranty (to the the tune of over a year since the warranty expired) - so no free replacement if it is.

I'll be back here with more questions if it goes screwy again, to be sure... :p

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Glad you got it working! Remember to do a nandroid backup once everything is all set and working as desired.

KhenemetHeru

May 12, 2012
Visit site

well, i spoke too soon. got everything running, and then google play store starts with the "insufficient space" errors, even when there's 80MB free in data and 57MB in system. Install Market Fix to get rid of that, still doesn't work right.

I figure ok, install those apps from APKs... nope. "application not installed" with no explanation.

is there any way to force install (as in literal force, over all objections by the ROM software) an apk without ADB access (since her phone has never been able to be seen via usb either, and I mean EVER)? like placing the apk in an internal storage directory and fixing the permissions or something? This is ridiculous that she can't install apps...

I've so had it with her phone... esp. since mine has the same software and is working perfectly.

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

KhenemetHeru

May 12, 2012
Visit site

ok, so for future reference this has everything to do with the "move dalvik cache to cache" script, the fact the the Optimus V only has 100MB for the Cache partition... and the fact that my wife (and now my sister-in-law as well, also with a MiRaGe'd Optimus V) is an inveterate app whore. Finally found an explanation elsewhere that pointed me to look at the cache partition in Root Explorer... I compared hers and mine, and lo and behold, I had 25MB free, she had 4MB free... "there's yer problem!" too many apps installed bloats the dalvik cache, and you run out of space real fast, no matter where or how those apps are installed.

anyhow... undoing the script per other threads' instructions, installing what she wanted to the SD card, and then redoing the script got her past it, and got her phone working the way she wants, so with a nandroid backup done, I'm calling this one solved. Thanks again tli, that was good info that I needed, even if it didn't directly solve the issue, it helped.

I'd still like an answer from someone "in the know" if possible, about the idea of different version hardware on the same phone breaking something in a ROM; I know the new screens did, but I'm talking about more minute things like different brand flash ROM chips or something.

Many thanks again for a rock solid ROM mrg666.

Reactions: tli and mrg666

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have problems with Google maps and navigation causing reboots? It's got to the point I'm creating a tasker profile to set my clock speed max to 480 when the apps open and go back to 600 afterwards.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

reidiandcen

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else have problems with Google maps and navigation causing reboots? It's got to the point I'm creating a tasker profile to set my clock speed max to 480 when the apps open and go back to 600 afterwards.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yup. See my post #611. I find that if I move to Interactive, 480 MHz MIN CPU/600MHz MAX CPU then I am pretty much okay with navigation and maps, as long as I start the GPS a give it a minute or two to stabilize before starting Navigation.

However I have been using the MiRaGe 7/16 build for a few days now and am finding other anomalies, like the browser just spontaneously shutting down when searching. I moved over from Harmonia CM7 because of similar problems. Now I am thinking of going back to stock to see if I have the same problems there.

I like MiRaGe - pretty zippy and fantastic battery life with JuiceDefender free. But I need stable maps and navigation, can't be rebooting in traffic...

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Yup. See my post #611. I find that if I move to Interactive, 480 MHz MIN CPU/600MHz MAX CPU then I am pretty much okay with navigation and maps, as long as I start the GPS a give it a minute or two to stabilize before starting Navigation.

However I have been using the MiRaGe 7/16 build for a few days now and am finding other anomalies, like the browser just spontaneously shutting down when searching. I moved over from Harmonia CM7 because of similar problems. Now I am thinking of going back to stock to see if I have the same problems there.

I like MiRaGe - pretty zippy and fantastic battery life with JuiceDefender free. But I need stable maps and navigation, can't be rebooting in traffic...

This was discussed earlier somewhere here or IHO thread. The reboots are not specific to MiRaGe. They are due to hardware problem with GPS receiver. Please post here if you can solve the GPS problem by using another ROM.

btw mrg666, would you mind looking into this thread

It looks like the ICS drivers for our GPU has been back ported to 2.6.35, do you think you could back port them to your kernel?

I was away for a while. I will work on porting those drivers into MiRaGe kernel and ROM in the next build.

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site

I've been having this problem since the first version of Mirage that I flashed. But I never reported it. Whenever I unmount the SD Card it does its job but when I stick the SD Card back in, it doesn't mount it automatically instead it says 'safe to remove SD card' and I have to manually go into the storage menu and mount the SD card

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this problem since the first version of Mirage that I flashed. But I never reported it. Whenever I unmount the SD Card it does its job but when I stick the SD Card back in, it doesn't mount it automatically instead it says 'safe to remove SD card' and I have to manually go into the storage menu and mount the SD card

I've had the same problem, and thought it was just me.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

I've had the same problem, and thought it was just me.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Same.

Also Mrg666, any improvements done to KSM? Or is it just going to be a dropped feature?

Also if you do get it running with a nice performance, will you just remove/modify the garbage/lowmemkiller to make KSM do all the work?

orlin2

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I experienced that too, earlier today. However, when I popped it back out and in again, it auto-mounted.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with Instagram? I can't install it from the market but my wife's phone can. Her phone is running 7/7 and mine is on 7/16. I used a backup from her phone to install it on mine.

FrankenFone VM670 with LS670 parts!