[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

So, I'm currently on MiRaGe now and I love it so far.
But I just have to know,
How did Mr G get his lock screen slider icon to look how it does in his screenshot?
I love it... O_O

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Lockscreen > Style Options > Lockscreen Style > Ring

Ring-Lock Style > Holo style

Go back once to main lockscreen settings, go to Widget options > Widget layout > Centered.

Done. ;)

Sent from my mirage'd OV.

Edit: Above Widget layout in the last step is the option to always show battery percentage.

Double Edit: You can also change the Virgin Mobile text.

Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Status Bar Tweaks > Carrier Label Type > Custom Text

Custom Carrier Label > Type Anything You Want Here

Last edited:

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Lockscreen > Style Options > Lockscreen Style > Ring

Ring-Lock Style > Holo style

Go back once to main lockscreen settings, go to Widget options > Widget layout > Centered.

Done. ;)

Sent from my mirage'd OV.

Edit: Above Widget layout in the last step is the option to always show battery percentage.

Double Edit: You can also change the Virgin Mobile text.

Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Status Bar Tweaks > Carrier Label Type > Custom Text

Custom Carrier Label > Type Anything You Want Here

That was an extraordinarily thorough response. Well done!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I agree. It was quite well done and helped me a lot!
Also, I have an issue that's a not hard to describe, so I'll try my best.
I messed up something when I accidentally was on app catalogs, and now I can't move or edit my apps at all.
I made a new catalog that has all my apps, and when I use that one, editing and moving apps works fine.
So, I'm stuck with 2 identical app catalogs because it won't let me delete the original one.
Help?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Oops I just realized that USB tethering is there under the tether settings. But, it doesnt seem to work on my vista 32bit or windows 7 32bit machines. I know you have to install a rndis driver for xp, but I read that vista/win7 are supposed to have it already? Anyone have any success doing USB tethering to vista or win7?

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Hey MRG. I noticed the default launcher is still ADW.

Brotherswig's thread on VMroms found MookeOS's launcher.

Its based on ADW, but is so much faster and beautiful :)?

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

I agree, I just recently tried it out and it's definitely worth checking out :)

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Question(s)
After updating mrg's ROM from 7/27 to most recent, was wondering if anyone has/had experienced the 'home" button not working properly?? It is "working", but cannot seem to use during browsing, return from an app, etc.
When flashed, I only used the "prep for update" zip and also formatted boot and data as stated.
Is there fault on my end in any way?
If so, please let me know.
I am also trying to keep jawzs' 101 kernal.
No link or way to do just the ROM update itself?
If not, then I proceeded to flash the jawz101 kernal AFTER the ROM flash is successful.....
Could there be a conflict somewhere in this?
*all is being restored via MyackupRoot if that helps anyone ;)
Thanks!

Last edited:

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Dialer attack vulnerability

I am a Republic Wireless beta community member and just saw a post over there that lists an URL to test for the dialer program being vulnerable to a USSD-based attack that triggers a phone reset by activating the reset function through a dialer string. I am still on the July 16th build so this may not apply to more recent releases. But if you go to dylanreeve.com/phone.php there is a script there that will test your dialer for the vulnerability by displaying your MEID in a dialog box (using the non-destructive *#06# IMEI code rather than the very damaging factory reset one). It displays my MEID so according to him that means that the default dialer program is vulnerable.

Just to be clear, both my Optimus V and my new Motorola XT557 display the vulnerability.

Is this already known to the devs?

There are apps available to block the attack. Look for TelStop (by @colimrm) and Auto-reset Blocker.

More info is available at: Remote USSD Attack - Prevention - dylan//posterous

Last edited:

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Would installing a new launcher clear my catalogs?? :D

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Just thought I'd share:
GO Launcher+kovdev ICS theme+MiRaGe9/23 Build+Achep ICS theme+844MHz OC= BEST ROM EVER.
Awesome battery life, looks sweet, slick performance, totally stable, I can't complain.
Thanks to all devs everywhere for their hard work.

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

Just thought I'd share:
GO Launcher+kovdev ICS theme+MiRaGe9/23 Build+Achep ICS theme+844MHz OC= BEST ROM EVER.
Awesome battery life, looks sweet, slick performance, totally stable, I can't complain.
Thanks to all devs everywhere for their hard work.

I may have just settled on this as my next ROM (tired of wrestling with GingerSnap). Figured since so many ROMs are based off this, might as well go to the source and build it from there.

You did lose me at Go Launcher though. I recently got rid of all my Go apps because the quality of all of them have gotten so bad. I recently installed Holo Launcher, and loving it!

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

I may have just settled on this as my next ROM (tired of wrestling with GingerSnap). Figured since so many ROMs are based off this, might as well go to the source and build it from there.

You did lose me at Go Launcher though. I recently got rid of all my Go apps because the quality of all of them have gotten so bad. I recently installed Holo Launcher, and loving it!
I will agree that the GO Apps aren't so great, but I just love the Launcher so much.
To each their own.
I can guarantee you won't regret MiRaGe, however!

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

Go Launcher is probably their best product, but it's still pretty hefty. Nonetheless, it's probably the best of the big launchers.

Go Dev's apps have really gone downhill. Too much bloat, self-promotion and resources hogging. Even Go Launcher installs shortcuts to their own app stores! Recently Go Dev has really taken a well-deserved beating in the Play Store reviews.

I did actually get Go Power Master to work effectively. After I uninstalled that and all the other Go apps and replaced them, my available RAM and battery life doubled!

Sorry for the Go rant. I used to like their apps and was really disappointed when greed and narcissism took control of that company and their apps started to really suck.

But yeah, even though Holo Launcher lacks many of the bells and whistles of Go, it does allow easy icon changing, even for folders. For themes, there's always the CM7 chooser.

ochenta

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site

Mokee Launcher - http://db.tt/bWmggcnD

Mokee Walls - http://db.tt/NORWnK1o

Push to System/app

The walls are REALLY nice as well :)

Might include them in my roms for now on.

Anything else you need to do aside from putting these in system\app? I did this and rebooted and haven't noticed any difference...just getting into modding my phone so excuse my noobish question :)

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Set permissions to 644 with

Es file explorer

Root Explorer

Or

Solid Explorer(I use this)
ba9a6yqe.jpg

Forum statistics