[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Dialer attack vulnerability

I am a Republic Wireless beta community member and just saw a post over there that lists an URL to test for the dialer program being vulnerable to a USSD-based attack that triggers a phone reset by activating the reset function through a dialer string. I am still on the July 16th build so this may not apply to more recent releases. But if you go to dylanreeve.com/phone.php there is a script there that will test your dialer for the vulnerability by displaying your MEID in a dialog box (using the non-destructive *#06# IMEI code rather than the very damaging factory reset one). It displays my MEID so according to him that means that the default dialer program is vulnerable.

Just to be clear, both my Optimus V and my new Motorola XT557 display the vulnerability.

Is this already known to the devs?

There are apps available to block the attack. Look for TelStop (by @colimrm) and Auto-reset Blocker.

More info is available at: Remote USSD Attack - Prevention - dylan//posterous

I am very aware of this. I havent found a fix for GB yet, just ICS though. If it works, itll be included in a CNA update in the future. CM has a submission on their gerrit, I have no clue if they have accepted it or not.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Mirage Can I ask a serious question is this ROM faster and smoother than bobz cm10 and more secure? I'm thinking of switching back to cm 7 . Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

USB tethering to windows 7/vista is still not working on a clean install of the latest rom. I have the LG drivers installed on my pc, so it should be recognized..

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MiRaGe 09302012

I have synced with the CM repo and rebuilt MiRaGe today. This build fixes the dialer attack vulnerability. Enjoy!

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: MiRaGe 09302012

I'm sorry if this may be posted in wrong place.... but thought appropriate since this is the ROM i'm using.
I have not yet or have yet to Partition my SD Card and have some questions.
1:whatshould the ext size be?
2: swap size?
Using CMrecovery 5.0xxx
Trying to eliminate the low internal memory issue

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

This patch is for the contacts.apk,

Yeah, I noticed that it's for contacts. I don't know where the 'tel:' function that is used to trigger the USSD codes is located. Is it in the phone.apk code? (I'm no dev.)

Well, never mind I guess. Looks like it's fixed. :)

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry if this may be posted in wrong place.... but thought appropriate since this is the ROM i'm using.
I have not yet or have yet to Partition my SD Card and have some questions.
1:whatshould the ext size be?
2: swap size?
Using CMrecovery 5.0xxx
Trying to eliminate the low internal memory issue

If you've got the space, 1024MB for ext, and 0MB for swap.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Its built into the android system as a whole, basically web developers can have the web browser make a IPC call to the kernel, pass that string of text and have the dialer run.

So really this just black-lists that IPC call with that string of text; Which is kernel/Android side.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Does this come with its own custom kernel or do I have to flash it ?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Will this work on Mirage? If not, what can I do to make it work?

[SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 09/19) - xda-developers

A2SD
-Moves /data/app to /sd-ext
-Moves /data/app-private to /sd-ext
-Works with EXT 2/3/4 filesystems
-ZipAligns /data/app on every boot
-No symlinks

A2SD+
-Moves /data/dalvik-cache to /sd-ext
-No symlinks

A2SD++
-Moves /data/dalvik-cache to /sd-ext
-Moves /data/data to /sd-ext
-No symlinks

There a flashable Zips available in the link.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

mrg666 said on the third post (on page 1) of this thread:

- Link2SD is recommended. Learn how to use it and you will be rewarded. I have never had any kind of insufficient space problem with Link2SD. However, as soon as we root our phones and flash a custom ROM, we are now on the other side on our own. You will need to figure out how to find your way around and there are many different ways. Please find the good practices and methods that work for you and don't clutter the thread with insufficient space problems.
I use link2sd with 60 apps and it takes at most 5 minutes to update the ROM with the following way.
- copy the new zip to SDcard and boot into recovery
- wipe cache and dalvik-cache
- flash ROM
- reboot
- wait for link2sd warning for missing mount scripts
- run link2sd and recreate mount scripts (if you touch the link2sd notification from the pull down, link2sd will automatically open with mount scripts dialog)
- reboot
- run link2sd
-- relink dalvik-cache files
-- relink library files
- done!
And no application reinstalls necessary. There are many tricks/mods to link /data to the sdcard. Whatever method we choose, there will be disadvantages and problems since OV does not have large internal storage as the other high-end phones do. The best practice is to sticking with one of the methods (I use and recommend Link2SD) and learning to deal with it. I don't want to use a method that is making the ROM dependent on the sdcard since not everybody has a large sdcard. Also, sdcards exhibit extremely wide variation of reliability and performance, mostly inferior to internal storage. If I link /data to sdext by default, people will be bringing here many complaints due to sdcard performance and failure. For my sanity, I will avoid that.

I'd take his advice and run with it. :)

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

I prefer using L2SD, since it allows more control over the ext partition. it allows movement of apps to and from internal storage, monitoring of space and has a few other nifty tools. When I was running ICS on my Op V, it already had A2SD, and I did miss the flexibility of L2SD, though A2SD is simpler to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon