[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

skealoha86

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

The XDA mod posts the following follow up comment on that thread:

"faekplastik3s ? a month ago
You're jumping the gun yet again, it's still inconclusive.

jerdog76 Mod > faekplastik3s
No we're stepping back from endorsing it BECAUSE it's inconclusive."

The mod isn't saying that it doesn't work, I think he is saying that it doesn't work for everyone and that some performance increases are due to constant polling of the CPU and have nothing to do with entropy. Also, gingerbread and below access dev/random more often than ICS and above - the platforms need to be split when users report success or failure of the hack.

And like mrg666 stated, this isn't an Android issue, it's a lower level issue than that.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

scorson

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Is there is an option to make (media volume) the default instead of ringer or was it just a BACKside addon?

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

I just can't seem to figure out what's constantly using my entropy then. I've disabled/force stopped/uninstalled all but the basics, rebooted, and still get 150 - 200 for entropy_avail...

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I dirty-flashed MiRaGe 01292013 build and it's great!

Thank you, mrg666! This is the smoothest and fastest this phone has ever run!

I had already switched to holo some months ago and agree it's great - light, fast, and looks good.

Entropy checker shows ~3500 - not sure why some seem to be having problems with it.

You also have the best instructions in the first posts at the top of this thread - everyone should read though them all when they install. Link2sd works great! By following your instructions, I can put all the apps I want on the phone and not have any space problems. I just partition the sd with one fat and one ext4 partition, install link2sd as one of the first apps and it moves everything that can be moved to the sd automatically - I don't even need to think about it.

When I think back to how crappy this phone was when I first got it with froyo from VM and the battery wouldn't last a day and the memory was full and I couldn't install more than a few apps and nothing could be moved to the sd card, it's amazing! Job well done, Sir!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Enmod, are you sure seeder app has been removed properly and no links left in / dev? If that is not the cause you might try a clean flash after a nandroid backup and restore your apps/mods/themes one by one.

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

Enmod, are you sure seeder app has been removed properly and no links left in / dev? If that is not the cause you might try a clean flash after a nandroid backup and restore your apps/mods/themes one by one.

I wasn't sure if I uninstalled it properly, so I just went with a fresh flash after flashing LeslieAnn's Prep_for_new_rom zip. Flashed the latest build, flashed official gapps, booted, and went into the terminal emulator to use the cat command that would give me the current entropy. It was ~3500 as expected.

So I then went about messing with system settings, configuring them as I normally would. The first and only app I installed next was the entropy checker app mentioned earlier in the thread. It displayed the entropy building up to ~2100 slowly as you described, which confused me. Why was the upper limit suddenly lowered by ~1400? Disregarding that I exited the app and tried the cat command again, to see if something went wrong. Entropy was dropping with each successive use of the cat command, starting from ~1700 and dropping by ~30 each time; I stopped when it hit ~1500. Knowing this was the wrong behavior I tried the checker app again, out of curiosity. It displayed the entropy available with an upper limit of ~400, decreasing eventually to the range of 150~200 I mentioned before.

I tried uninstalling unnecessary apps, like live wallpapers, Gallery3D (I was going to for QuickPic), VoiceDialer, even the checker app. But when I went back into the terminal it showed the same results as the checker app: 150~200

Was it something I changed in system settings that is causing all this entropy use? I only adjusted the Notifications Power Widget, changed my CPU settings to 245-806, and activated WiFi, setting sleep policy to Never...I doubt it though. Idk what else could be keeping my entropy at a limit of 150~200 though.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Note: a CPU setting like what you posted will use way more battery trying to ramp up to you Max setting than just setting Min to 480MHz.

480MHz Min and 768MHz (give or take a setting either way according to the quality of the CPU) Max, is actually where the best battery off charge time is at.Good performance as well.

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

Note: a CPU setting like what you posted will use way more battery trying to ramp up to you Max setting than just setting Min to 480MHz.

480MHz Min and 768MHz (give or take a setting either way according to the quality of the CPU) Max, is actually where the best battery off charge time is at.Good performance as well.

Lol I know about the whole 480 min thing, I've just found that for my uses I actually notice more drain on 480 min, if you can believe it. As for Max, you think 806 is inefficiently high? It's worked for me.

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

So here is a question, how can you judge battery drain like is there an app or anything that will measure it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

These links you're referring to in /dev.....
What would one look for to delete? and/or what shouldn't be there?
I installed the Seeder app almost a month ago now. I did the uninstall via Link2SD and since then was when you had made the kernal update. How would you know if there is somehow any sign(s) or traces of it left?
I took this SS when it was going well...however, when I do check it at times, it still seemes to be all over the place. Doesn't stay "low" though as some have mentioned here.

Attachments

• screenshot-20130209-051943pm.png
    screenshot-20130209-051943pm.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 237

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Linking /dev/random to /dev/urandom was another method used along with seeder. If you have not done that don't worry about it.

Regarding entropy going up and down, that is normal. The kernel patch is not overaggressive about keeping the entropy level always at high values. When there is high demand the entropy level can go low, this is expected. Keeping the entropy always high will cost cpu load and battery life. But I have not observed depletion with this patch yet. That is the point.

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

Linking /dev/random to /dev/urandom was another method used along with seeder. If you have not done that don't worry about it.

Regarding entropy going up and down, that is normal. The kernel patch is not overaggressive about keeping the entropy level always at high values. When there is high demand the entropy level can go low, this is expected. Keeping the entropy always high will cost cpu load and battery life. But I have not observed depletion with this patch yet. That is the point.

Any thoughts about it being constantly low though, like it still is for me?

krazy9000

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Hello, great rom. I'm having a bit of trouble that I'm not quite sure is completely related to the ROM. Out of the blue my phone completely stopped being able to send or receive MMS. I'm at my wits end and wanted to see if any of y'all could help before I resort to wiping everything and trying a different rom. I updated to the latest rom, but that didn't help me any. I'm currently using Go SMS Pro, but it won't let me send or receive them via the stock messaging app either. The last MMS I received was on Feb. 5th, and I haven't been able to download one since. Since that time I haven't installed any new apps or changed any settings. I'm completely baffled as to what's going on here. Also, it isn't one specific carrier either. I've had friends send me messages from att, t mobile, and virgin mobile and none have worked.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Install the Harmonia ROM or the Resurrected Bumblebee. Then everything you have on that ROM.
If it fixes the problem, you have issues with the ROM. Re-download the ROM and double check the md5 sum. Then wipe and format everything but the SD card.

If you still have issues it's the network.

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Hello, great rom. I'm having a bit of trouble that I'm not quite sure is completely related to the ROM. Out of the blue my phone completely stopped being able to send or receive MMS. I'm at my wits end and wanted to see if any of y'all could help before I resort to wiping everything and trying a different rom. I updated to the latest rom, but that didn't help me any. I'm currently using Go SMS Pro, but it won't let me send or receive them via the stock messaging app either. The last MMS I received was on Feb. 5th, and I haven't been able to download one since. Since that time I haven't installed any new apps or changed any settings. I'm completely baffled as to what's going on here. Also, it isn't one specific carrier either. I've had friends send me messages from att, t mobile, and virgin mobile and none have worked.

Not likely the ROM, there have been unconfirmed reports of SMS/MMS/Data down by a number of VM subscribers. Might check VM's Facebook/Twitter page for the operational status in your particular area.

krazy9000

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I don't know why I didn't think to check the VM facebook page. Apparently there is a "national picture message outage" expected to be resolved sometime tomorrow. I'm hoping that's the case! It's been driving me crazy, and I really did not want to switch ROMs.

Thanks for the quick responses, you guys are the best.

pccharger

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

I have been running an older version of Mirage on my phone with no problems so I installed a newer version on my wife's phone about a month ago. She immediately started having battery drain issues. It ended up being caused by having Bluetooth on all the time. She has Bluetooth in her car so she just leaves it enabled on the phone. This wasn't an issue on the stock rom. I tested my phone by leaving BT on and it drained the battery quick too with nothing connected to it. Anyone have an answer for this?

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

... there is a "national picture message outage" expected to be resolved sometime tomorrow. I'm hoping that's the case! It's been driving me crazy ...

In the mean time, you can try toggling the Airplane mode. My 3G was randomly dropping to 1X, while my signal was still displayed as being good, repeatedly last week. I toggled the Airplane mode, and 3G would come back. However, all seems back to normal--consistent 3G connection--for me as of yesterday.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I have Mirage for about 3 weeks now. Are there new updates for this rom since then? I forget to constantly check in on what's going on. ;(

Also, my phone seems to only last a day or two before something happens and I'd have to restart the phone or it restarts on it self. Is that normal? I'm currently overclocked 480min 748 Max interactive. What are the suggested advice on overclocking on this rom?

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante