[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

@MRG I'm trying to program my phone to page plus by dialing *228, the problem is when I dial *228, an Activate your phone window pops up with no dial pad, so I can't press 1 after that. Is there a fix around this?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

If you long press the menu button, the keyboard will come up. You can use the keyboard instead of dialpad.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok I did that, hit 1, then a black box pops up saying EXCESS SPC FAILURES... should I call their customer service at this point?

Edit: I am using the 52299 PRL following the guide in the OP btw... not sure if thats worth mentioning or not.

Edit2: Fixed. After huge amounts of googling, all you need to do now is change your MSL code to 000000 using cdma workshop. After that, you can activate using *228.

Here is a brief explanation on changing your MSL Code:

1. Download and install CDMA Workshop "Demo is fine"
2. Open CDMA Workshop and choose the COM PORT # that your phone is connected to "You should know this already since you changed your PRL" then hit the Connect button.
3. Click the Security tab
4. On the bottom right it says SPC User Lock with an empty box above it. Enter your MSL Code of your phone and click SPC then Send. It should say device unlocked successfully or something similar.
5. Now click SPC again then Write 000000.
Done.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Glad it is working for you now. I had done that mod long time ago and it was enough, I wouldn't do it again.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Glad it is working for you now. I had done that mod long time ago and it was enough, I wouldn't do it again.

Yup, that was definitely a painful process lol but your ROM makes it worthwhile. Beautiful work, I'm so glad you are developing for the V otherwise this would have been even more painful haha.

speakxj7

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Not likely the ROM, there have been unconfirmed reports of SMS/MMS/Data down by a number of VM subscribers. Might check VM's Facebook/Twitter page for the operational status in your particular area.

yar. my data's been out for a couple of days now.
yesterday i spent about 30 mins on hold before i had to drop off.... when i get a moment i guess i'll wipe back to stock and call in again.

funny thing is it seems like a dns/routing issue, as i can still connect to some specific resources on the web....

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Also: Try Network Tester from the market.
It will tell you when you have real web content, and when you don't.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I have SyperUser and SUPERSU installed. Which one do I keep/ which one is from mirage?

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

I have SyperUser and SUPERSU installed. Which one do I keep/ which one is from mirage?

You could keep anyone but just one. Superuser is the one that is already installed when you first flash the ROM.

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I don't know why but it would seem that my google play stopped working. It just keeps saying no connection. And I have cleared the cache on it as well as uninstalled updates. As well as get the latest version installed but it refuses to work anymore. I even tried to do a clearing of cache and dalvik cache in the recovery menu and it still didn't work.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

What Gapps version did you initially install?
Had similar problems with PlayStore until I did a Fresh install of ROM and the old 20110828 Gapps, not the new talk version.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I am fairly certain it was the latest version I installed. Everything was fine until recently it just refuses to go online.

skeeterfood

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Are you getting a strange error when you try and download an app, or not even seeing anything in Google Play? If it's the first case, try removing your Google account from the phone, then re-adding it.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Also: Try the 20110828 Gapps that don't have the new talk with a fresh flash of ROM.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

It would seem that I already have that gapps. I will try to remove my google account then put it back on. If that doesn't work I will try a fresh install. If that doesn't work then I don't know if there is anything else I would be able to do.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

It would seem that I already have that gapps. I will try to remove my google account then put it back on. If that doesn't work I will try a fresh install. If that doesn't work then I don't know if there is anything else I would be able to do.

Before you do a fresh install and dirty flash (only wipe cache and dalvik-cache). Or did you do that already?

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

If the ROM is corrupt then a dirty flash won't help. It be like putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound.

He needs to check the md5 sum of the downloads. If good, wipe AND format everything but the SD card. The do a clean flash.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I go even further than that - because I use link2sd as suggested at the beginning of this thread, there are lots of things linked to the sdcard.

So if I am having problems, I go into recovery and wipe EVERYTHING! Of course, I have all apps and their data backed up with titanium anyway and saved on the computer and free box.com.

Then I format the sdcard into two partition - one fat partition and one extfs partition. Then I convert the extfs partion to ext3 and then ext4. Now I connect the phone to the computer and enable usb mode in recovery, go onto the computer, and copy the rom and gapps files to a directory I create on the sdcard.

Next I flash the rom and the gapps. I have my google account set to NOT restore missing apps to the phone. I want to control what gets restored and what doesn't and I want the data restored as well - not just the app.

First app I install on reboot is lin2sd. You tell it that the second partition is the extfs partition and the phone reboots. After reboot, I set link2sd to move anything it can to sdcard automatically. I do not change the default install destination on the cyanogenmod settings. Link2sd moves everything possible on its own with no user interaction.

Now all I need to do is restore any apps I want with titanium. I currently have 96 apps installed and my memory use according to link2sd is
28% free on /data
40% free on /system
25% free on /cache
468 mb used on sdcard
900 mb used on sdext2

This process has never failed me no matter how messed up the phone is - you're starting with a completely clean slate.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

No need to do all that converting of the partition.
The recovery creates an ext.3 partition that works the best with this ROM. Creating the partition with the recovery is quick, simple, and fool proof.
It is also the best way to create a partition with 8GB SD cards or higher.
The only thing different that needs to be done with Link2SD is after all apps have been linked. Reboot and re-create mount script, then reboot one last time.
With the ext.3 format my apps open faster than with any other format.

Note: You need an 8GB SD card or better for Link2SD to work properly. The reason is you need at least a 1GB partition on the SD card (2GB being optimal). You can not use more than 20% of the actually usable space on the SD card for the partition.
Read speed of an SD card is the most important. The faster the read speed the faster the SD card is read on boot up and the faster the apps open up. Read speed is not regulated.
Class designation is for write speed ONLY. It has no bearing on quality or read speed.
Right now the best quality SD card with the highest read speed on the V (speed of a card can vary from phone to phone) is the SanDisk class 4. Empty I got read speeds as high as 43MB/s. With the partition and with almost 10GB of info, I still get just over 35MB/s read speed. The best speed with other SD cards of a class 10 designation where no higher than 27MB/s.
I have a 16GB with a 2GB ext.3 partition and running the latest version of the MiRaGe ROM with no kernel change.
My apps open dramatically faster with this setup than with any other I have tried.

Last edited:

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I have done all that was suggested and it was still doing the same thing. So I decided to wipe everything and do a fresh install. I am trying out the bobz jellybean rom. It seems to work okay but some things just don't work right. I am looking for a good rom preferrably ICS or Jellybean that has been updated recently that works great. If not then a gingerbread or even froyo rom that works almost flawlessly. Right now with this rom I had 3g but then it went off and the bobz jellybean rom it hasn't popped up at all. I remember having other roms that even though that my account isn't paid it would still display the 3g. So I would really like to find one that will fix this issue as I wouldn't want to get my account restored and find my 3g not working still.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2