[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

As far as I know, the most advanced JB port is the version documented in the Optimus S thread here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-rom-wip-cm10-1-jb-4-2-2-jbc-alpha-build.html It seems like they are making good progress but there are still some issues - it is an alpha, after all. Hell of an achievement they have made so far when you consider the limitations of the phone.

For ICS, I never found one that voice search and everything else worked - and I need voice search when in the car. I tried reinstalling all the voice stuff as directed, but I just couldn't get it working properly.

For GB, both mirage and bobz are terrific roms that have everything working - they have both done excellent jobs! Best thing would be to try them out and see how you like them. I have used them both and you won't go wrong with either one. I'm currently using mirage - love the holo launcher with its JB look and speed.

The most important thing is to become familiar with wiping your phone, flashing new roms and restoring your apps and settings from backups - then you are free to experiment and play with little effort. It's really quite easy once you've done it a few times.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I personally think the Paranoid Android ROM has more potential. It's in the Cold as Ice thread.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I personally think the Paranoid Android ROM has more potential. It's in the Cold as Ice thread.

^ yupp
I have to use that one because phone won't work for me on cai for some reason

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

I have done all that was suggested and it was still doing the same thing. So I decided to wipe everything and do a fresh install. I am trying out the bobz jellybean rom. It seems to work okay but some things just don't work right. I am looking for a good rom preferrably ICS or Jellybean that has been updated recently that works great. If not then a gingerbread or even froyo rom that works almost flawlessly. Right now with this rom I had 3g but then it went off and the bobz jellybean rom it hasn't popped up at all. I remember having other roms that even though that my account isn't paid it would still display the 3g. So I would really like to find one that will fix this issue as I wouldn't want to get my account restored and find my 3g not working still.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you don't have an active account, then your OV will *not* have a 3G connection, period. No matter what ROM is flashed/used, and whether a 3G icon is displayed or not. Some ROMs may display a 'grey' 3G icon, but it will never turn 'green' indicating an *active* 3G connection until your account is paid up. If you're referring to these 3G icons, then they provide no meaningful indicator/predictor of how well your 3G connection would be until your phone is actually activiated.

Let's stay on-topic and keep this thread MiRaGe-related as this thread is long enough already for someone looking for useful and relevant MiRaGe info. There are plenty of other threads discussing other ROMs... :)

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Well for this rom I don't even get a 3g icon. Every once in awhile it boots up and gives me one. I would of thought that it would have a grey icon that is 3g saying that you are getting a 3g signal at least. I guess I will reinstall this rom later and hope for the best then.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

It's not the ROM that's the problem.
This is the absolute best for the V at this time.
Everything works, it's fast and smooth, it's rock solid, and with an ext.3 partition on the SD card and Link2SD my apps fly open.

I do believe you need to:
A. Check the md5 sum of the downloaded ROM and Gapps
B. Make sure your using the appropriate recovery.
C. Wipe and format everything but the SD card before installing.
D. Reboot ROM at least twice before Overclocking CPU.
E. Don't set CPU to high
F. Set min CPU setting at 480MHz. Don't set min any higher.

Again: It's not the ROM that's the problem.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Is there an option to have the battery pecentage show on the status bar? Like on iPhones where the percentage is right next to the battery icon.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Is there an option to have the battery pecentage show on the status bar? Like on iPhones where the percentage is right next to the battery icon.

Its in the CyanogenMod settings. I don't remember exactly where but its there. :)

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Menu/settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Interface/Status Bar Tweaks

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys, i gotta say this rom looks fantastic. Especially because AndyOpie150 highly recommends it .

The only thing i need to know is if you have the option to invert the color setting in the browser. I really need that option, because reading the forums with a white background is to hard on my aging eyeballs!

I really would like to switch from backside, but after restoring my backup with zengarden recovery it's running smoother than ever, but Mirage sounds great, i hope that option is available!

Thanks in advance.

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

... The only thing i need to know is if you have the option to invert the color setting in the browser. ... i hope that option is available!

I believe that 'option' is a configurable setting that's standard for the default Android browser (version 2.3.7)--independent of the ROM flashed/used. When the browser is opened,

[Menu] <Settings> Check/Enable [Invert color]

I'm an ex-BACKside user since its support was dropped. Switched over to MiRaGe about 8 months ago, and never looked back... ;)

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Thank you sir ... i'll be flashin over as soon as my eyes clear up. I've been reading the forums all day with the white background and i gotta tell you, that could have been a big problem, my eyes are blurry and burning!

Thanks again, i really need that option. I'm so happy that i can flash Mirage!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Have fun with MiRaGe, badblue1. tli helped you before I could post a reply. This is a really nice community.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Greatly appreciate all the help and have the utmost respect for what you give to this great community!

THANK YOU!!!!!

zargontapel

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Hi, this ROM looks great, but I have a question. Once I flashed it, it's no longer synced to my Google account. How can I add my account again? Other than that, everything looks fantastic!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer