[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Yes, I got the latest gapps for gingerbread.

And did you get the "tap the android to start" screen and sign into your Google account there? Can you go into settings, accounts and sync and add your account there?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

zargontapel

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

I never got the tap the android screen, and in the settings menu, it says it can't contact the server when it tries to sync.

zargontapel

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Ok thank you, I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: That did it! Everything works beautifully now, thank you very much!

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Note: I had problems with the 20110828 "New Talk" version. The old regular 20110828 version still works just fine.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I'm a little confused, in zengarden do i just use the 4 wipe options, then install manually the rom. zip then go to install with gapps then reboot?

Is this the correct method, sorry for all the questions, but the more i read it the more confused i get.
Thanks in advance!

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes....I think there is an option to prepare for install, which should wipe all in one step.

Some say its better to flash Rom then reboot. Then reboot back to recovery and flash gapps

But usually flashing both at the same time is no problem

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for quick reply, i think i'll do it like you said rom reboot, then gapps and reboot

I just wasn't sure if the 4 wipe options were enough for a clean flash coming from another rom.
Thanks!

I'll probably flash tomorrow night, we're getting snow tonight and i drive a plow truck, i'm going to have to work through the night.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for quick reply, i think i'll do it like you said rom reboot, then gapps and reboot

I just wasn't sure if the 4 wipe options were enough for a clean flash coming from another rom.
Thanks!

I'll probably flash tomorrow night, we're getting snow tonight and i drive a plow truck, i'm going to have to work through the night.

I always wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik cache. Works fine for me

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Android Central Forums

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I always wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik cache. Works fine for me

What about formatting everything but sd card.

Sorry guys, i'll catch up tomorrow, i gotta get some sleep before it snows

Thanks!

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I always reboot at least once or more to help tighten up the ROM before overclocking.
If you have the ZenGarden recovery, then selecting every wipe option once will definitely Get-R-Done.
It can't hurt.
It's what I do, but I'm sort of OCD.

Note: I've had some glitches with the "New Talk" version of the 20110828 Gapps. I use the older 20110828 Galls + a saved latest version of the vending apk (PlayStore), that was saved with Root Uninstaller. After setting up all my apps I go back and install it to help update it quicker so the FCs with the old vending apk doesn't drive me nuts.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

What about formatting everything but sd card.

Sorry guys, i'll catch up tomorrow, i gotta get some sleep before it snows

Thanks!

Some of it really isn't necessary. Those four should be fine.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

My thanks to AndyOpie150, Sellers 86,Alexkta : Thank you all for responding last night, i just got home after 13hours of plowing roads and thought i would check in. Needless to say i'm going to bed.

I can't thank you guys enough for the great advice, so now i feel confident flashing Mirage.

Thanks again and i'll keep you posted on how it goes, can't wait but i gotta get some shuteye!

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Badblue 1 gotta shiny new rom... man i'm lovin life right now! I haven't even finished installing all ofmy apps yet, still playin around with this thing!

Thank you Mrg666 this is saaweeeeeeeet!

And thanks to everyone that helped last night in giving me the confidence to flash this fine rom.

I'll keep you posted on speed and battery life. I rebooted twice and used interactive gov with 480min and 768max.

Thanks again

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Do you need any help with Link2SD?

Thanks Andy i'll let you know, don't really think i'll need it cause i only have about 35 apps.

I'll see how much internal space i have left when done.

THANKS