[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

If you have an 8GB SD card or above with at least 1.5 GB of extra space you don't think you'll ever need for anything and move any apps to the SD card, then Link2SD is the way to gp. It will allow the apps that you need to put on the SD card to open just as quick as the ones on the internal storage.
With the ZenGarden recovery you can do all partitioning and reformatting without ever having to take card out of phone. You would just need to transfer all data on sd card to computer during the partitioning part, then transfer back when done. It easy, fast, and fool proof.

If you don't have a need for it. Don't worry about it. Just posted info for possible future use if and when needed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the info Andy, but still using the stock 2gb sdcard and as you know, still no computer. My buddy said he would transfer the data if i got a bigger card. But since i have such few apps ( been taking my time restoring them) i have almost all restored and still have 152 mb left.

I would actually like to uninstall gallery, live wallpapers, email, and a few others that are not needed, but some are system apps and i know you can't delete system apps with titanium backup, although when i installed backside rom, i deleted email gallery, live wallpapers, some were system apps but i don't remember how i did it was so long ago. I think i converted them into user apps but i can't remember. I don't want to screw anything up at this point!

Also, just one more thing, when i checked to see what was using the battery cell standby said 12116days5hrs and time without signal was 99% what's that all about!

Other than that what a great rom ...Thanks Mrg666 for all your hard work!

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

badblue1 said:
would actually like to uninstall gallery, live wallpapers, email, and a few others that are not needed, but some are system apps and i know you can't delete system apps with titanium backup, although when i installed backside rom, i deleted email gallery, live wallpapers, some were system apps but i don't remember how i did it was so long ago. I think i converted them into user apps but i can't remember. I don't want to screw anything up at this point!

Use a file manager like Root Explorer, they're located in the /system/apps folder.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

You can also delete the apks you don't want before flashing the zip file. Just open the ROM zip file in 7zip delete the apks and close the zip file. Don't expand and rezip.

I have uploaded a kernel update in the OP. There are some cryptography library updates that I have backported from my HTC EVO 3D kernel (crc32, aes, sha1). I think they can improve the networking performance. You can find the download link in the OP and check my github for the details of the updates.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I have uploaded a kernel update in the OP. There are some cryptography library updates that I have backported from my HTC EVO 3D kernel (crc32, aes, sha1). I think they can improve the networking performance. You can find the download link in the OP and check my github for the details of the updates.

I have downloaded the new kernel and tried to flash it, but I get:
E:Wrong digest:
system/lib/modules/wireless.ko
E: Verification failed

So I re-downloaded the new kernel and copied it to the phone again with the same result. Is this an error that can be safely ignored so I should turn off verification like I sometimes need to do when burning new roms?

Thanks!

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Mrg666 ,unfortunately i don't have a PC. But thanks for the heads up on the update to the kernel!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

You don't need a computer. Try "Root Browser Lite" which is free or Root Explorer which cost a little green.
With them you should be able to extract zip file, delete apk from /system/app of ROM, and then Zip back up. You can do the same thing with the Gapps, just be really carefully what you delete.
LeslieAnn posted a guide here to what was safe to delete, I linked to it in the ATR guide at AF.

Then "Zip Signer" to sign.

The only thing I can't do with my phone is extract, decompile, re-compile,and sign apks and jar files.

With AFV (Android File Verifier) I can even generate an md5 sum.

When I helped with the LeWa ROM all work including editing the build.prop was done with the phone (with the exception of editing the framework.jar which Gannon actually did).

Note: Link2SD is the best app for deleting system apps or adding an app to the system. If you get an error message, just reboot and you will find the app has been deleted.
Just choose not to create mount scripts when you first open Link2SD up.

With all recovery's you can create the partition which formats them to ext.3. With the ZenGarden recovery you can reformat that same partition to ext.4. You never have to take SD card out of phone.

I'll check to see what you'll need to backup data that's on SD card and transfer back when done with partitioning SD card.

You will be amazed at how much you can now do without a computer.

Last edited:

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

You don't need a computer. Try "Root Browser Lite" which is free or Root Explorer which cost a little green.
With them you should be able to extract zip file, delete apk from /system/app of ROM, and then Zip back up. You can do the same thing with the Gapps, just be really carefully what you delete.
LeslieAnn posted a guide here to what was safe to delete, I linked to it in the ATR guide at AF.

Then "Zip Signer" to sign.

The only thing I can't do with my phone is extract, decompile, re-compile,and sign apks and jar files.

With AFV (Android File Verifier) I can even generate an md5 sum.

When I helped with the LeWa ROM all work including editing the build.prop was done with the phone (with the exception of editing the framework.jar which Gannon actually did).

Note: Link2SD is the best app for deleting system apps or adding an app to the system. If you get an error message, just reboot and you will find the app has been deleted.
Just choose not to create mount scripts when you first open Link2SD up.

With all recovery's you can create the partition which formats them to ext.3. With the ZenGarden recovery you can reformat that same partition to ext.4. You never have to take SD card out of phone.

I'll check to see what you'll need to backup data that's on SD card and transfer back when done with partitioning SD card.

You will be amazed at how much you can now do without a computer.

I thought your not suppose to unzip rom, gapps, etc etc. Because it breaks things and causes bugs?
If yeah then just flash the rom gapps etc etc then get a file manager with root privileges then navigate to system/app delete what you want then reboot.

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

You don't need to extract to delete. At least not with root browser

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Doh! That is correct. I think my brain was just quoting my ROM porting routine. Even the part about Zip Signer.
Sorry bout that badblue1.
Hate getting older.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Doh! That is correct. I think my brain was just quoting my ROM porting routine. Even the part about Zip Signer.
Sorry bout that badblue1.
Hate getting older.

I'll forgive ya this time ...don't worry i know the feeling!

I have file expert pro root, i've tried several times to delete gallery, it says operation successful, but after reboot it's still there.

Maybe because i have titanium backup, but i don't have it (gallery) backed up?

Sorry guys, one last question and i promise i won't bug you anymore.

What options in zengarden do i need to flash the new kernel update?

THANKS GUYS

Last edited:

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I'll forgive ya this time ...don't worry i know the feeling!

I have file expert pro root, i've tried several times to delete gallery, it says operation successful, but after reboot it's still there.

Maybe because i have titanium backup, but i don't have it (gallery) backed up?

Sorry guys, one last question and i promise i won't bug you anymore.

What options in zengarden do i need to flash the new kernel update?

THANKS GUYS

Never used that one but make sure it has superuser permissions.....try renaming it see if that sticks....

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Never used that one but make sure it has superuser permissions.....try renaming it see if that sticks....

Yea i've had file expert since i rooted, real easy to use. I'm not to worried about uninstalling too much, i'll just freeze it in titanium.

Could you tell me what i need to do in recovery to flash the new kernel, i've been reading these forum's all day and my eyes can't take anymore!

THANKS

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Yea i've had file expert since i rooted, real easy to use. I'm not to worried about uninstalling too much, i'll just freeze it in titanium.

Could you tell me what i need to do in recovery to flash the new kernel, i've been reading these forum's all day and my eyes can't take anymore!

THANKS

In recovery wipe cache and dalvik-cache then flash like a rom.

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Everytime I flash a kernel I don't wipe anything I just install it

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

In recovery wipe cache and dalvik-cache then flash like a rom.

Everytime I flash a kernel I don't wipe anything I just install it

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you both, i think you should probably at least wipe something before you flash.

Thanks for replies guys!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

If you don't have Link2SD installed and set up with a partition on the SD card (which you don't), then wiping cache partition and dalvik cache is fine.
When you ever get a larger SD and get Link2SD set up, then you can't wipe anything. Just flash kernel.
I flashed a few without wiping anything. Worked great, no glitches or anything later.

reidiandcen

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to revert to the last kernel before the seeder/entropy depletion business started. I'm starting to think that those kernel changes make the phone less stable and use more battery. Can someone point me to a location where I can download the last pre-entropy depletion version?

Thanks - I love MiRaGe on the VM670!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy