[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (03122013)

Hey guys, friday i did a fresh flash of MiRaGe and gapps. It was running great until today, it keeps rebooting. I turned cpu down to 245 and 600 with interactive gov. Rebooted twice and left it at those settings, but it's still rebooting on it's own. Anyone have any ideas to what i should do?

Thanks in advance.

480 works better as a min on our phones. It doesn't use any more battery, and is more stable.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Could be a corrupt download.
I know you wiped and formatted everything but the SD card.
Did you verify the md5 sum?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Could be a corrupt download.
I know you wiped and formatted everything but the SD card.
Did you verify the md5 sum?

Just an observation bad downloads seem to contribute to 90% of rom issues

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

@ upconvert, AndyOpie150, Ken harkey...Thanks for the quick replies guys, i'm really not sure what happened, Md5 sums checked out ok, i wiped all 4 options in zengarden.

Well whatever it was, it's a stumper, so i restored my backup for now until i go to wifi hotspot tomorrow and redownload the files and flash again. So thanks again guys for the help!

HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY!!!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

If you have the same problem then you will need to break down everything you do from time of initial ROM boot up so we can analyze and determine what needs to be done.
Don't use the "new talk" version of the 20120828 Gapps this time. Use the older version.

Note: Because Root Uninstaller Pro saved the latest version of the PlayStore in it's apk form, after I sign into my Google account I just install it right afterwards.Saves all the fc hassles with the outdated version, until it updates.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

When i download the old gapps, it says playstore and some other other apps are updated to their latest version.

Also last time i used the old gapps, never new talk version cause i read in your posts that there was problems using talk version.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Now my nandroid backup is starting to reboot, i know that was a good backup! I don't understand what's going on, all i did was the 4 options in the wipe section of zengarden and restored my backup, it rebooted, i waited a while then rebooted twice and set CPU to 480min and 768max with interactive gov

I don't know why this is happening, seems like since the 030813 kernel change that this has been happening.

Anyone else having reboot issue? Any suggestions?

THANKS.

EDIT : I know Mrg666 don't want us to post about battery life ,but in the time that it took me to type this battery went from 98 to 86% if that means anything.

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys, friday i did a fresh flash of MiRaGe and gapps. It was running great until today, it keeps rebooting. I turned cpu down to 245 and 600 with interactive gov. Rebooted twice and left it at those settings, but it's still rebooting on it's own. Anyone have any ideas to what i should do?

Thanks in advance.

Up your min to 480

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

ski522

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

Is your SD card okay? And what does your battery stats show for use? If you install the ROM with no additional apps do you still have the problem?

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Is your SD card okay? And what does your battery stats show for use? If you install the ROM with no additional apps do you still have the problem?

SD card is good, can't give you a screenshot, but battery stats are typical.
I haven't tried this rom without any extra apps, but i don't have many installed, about 20, still have 156mb internal space left.

I do have titanium backup and i did have some apps frozen, which i defrosted everything couple hours ago. I had Bluetooth, email, gallery, calendar and a few others all frozen, maybe the problem.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

I would say keep trying different cpu settings or redownload and fresh install

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

ski522

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

I was having reboot problems (though not frequently) with Backside-IHO. I've been running this ROM for about a week and no problems and I'm running the exact same apps I was with Backside; not sure what else to recommend. Maybe check the logcat file to see if anything odd shows up in the logfiles, can do this through ADB or install something like DropBear SSH Server, ssh into your phone and run logcat that way. Also there are some apps you can install like CatLog https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.nolanlawson.logcat&hl=en&token=pkFDWZ74

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I did a fresh install on friday, by Sunday i was having many reboots, so i went to my backup of mirage, which ran great, didn't change anything now it's rebooting alot. When i ran backside i could overclock at max 844 no problem. I know this is a different rom and kernel, so i will try different cpu settings, Thanks Zack.

Also running same ,actually less apps as when on backside, i will try that logcat app from playstore, Thanks ski.
Because i don't have a computer.

Tomorrow i'm just going to try another fresh install, see what happens.

Thanks again guys!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Try OS Monitor.
In the settings you can choose to show logcat or dmesg.
It has an option to export as well

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Continue using the older version of MiRaGe. Since that seems to be working for you w/ o reboots. Then, if your update download checks out, flash it in your recovery and ONLY wipe delvick& cache...then see what happens
Restore your apps.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

If he just wipes the cache partition and the dalvik cache his apps will still be there. Might not even notice a change right away, kinda like when you flash a new kernel. Everything looks the same, but it might act differently.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I did a fresh install on friday, by Sunday i was having many reboots, so i went to my backup of mirage, which ran great, didn't change anything now it's rebooting alot. When i ran backside i could overclock at max 844 no problem. I know this is a different rom and kernel, so i will try different cpu settings, Thanks Zack.

Also running same ,actually less apps as when on backside, i will try that logcat app from playstore, Thanks ski.
Because i don't have a computer.

Tomorrow i'm just going to try another fresh install, see what happens.

Thanks again guys!

I checked the latest ROM for anything that might cause problems but I didn't find anything wrong. I don't see any crashes myself and any other report either. At this point, I can only recommend you to try another ROM. Or you can do a clean wipe and install the apps, change the settings one at a time to find the problem.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Sorry for not responding guys, but when i checked my gmail it showed no new posts in this thread.

I'm still running my backup trying to find out why it's rebooting. I defrosted all apps in titanium backup except those different wallpaper apps.
@ AndyOpie150 i downloaded OS monitor from the playstore but i may as well be looking at Chinese because i really don't understand most of it or how to use it, but thanks anyway for trying to help.

Since defrosting some apps and not force closing apps in the running services, i seem to have a lot less reboots but still having some.

The majority of the reboots now seem to be happening when plugged into the wall charger, the charging port on the phone seems loose and sometimes if you jiggle the wire by the port it will reboot or when unplugging the charger the phone will reboot. I hope i don't need a new phone!

Well for now i'll play around with my backup and try different things to stop the reboots, if not i have the zip files downloaded and Md5 sums match, ready to flash.

Thanks guys, hope it's not my charging port! :'(

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Something else to try.
Open terminal Emulator and type in:
Code:
su
fix_permissions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante