[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (03122013)

OK. Will have to change link in AF's Optimus V All Things Root Guide sticky.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Anyone want 4G for this ROM? (No not actual 4G. It just shows the 4G icon instead of the 3G)
Perfect way to trick friends :p

http://db.tt/ZmCrxTha
Download it. (DO NOT FLASH)
Extract to sdcard.
Delete SystemUI.apk in /sytem/app (if you get force close reboot.)
Move the SytemUI.apk in the zip you extracted to /system/app
Set permissions to rwrr
If you want the Cyanbread move Cyanbread.apk in the zip you extracted to /system/app and set permissions to rwrr
Reboot
For cyanbread go in to theme Chooser and select Cyanbread. Then reboot.

Cyanbread
6yguvady.jpg

System Theme
vuhudyju.jpg

I have only tested on this ROM you could try on other ROMS if you want. It might not work though so have a backup.

I love this show

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't download the new kernel on wifi, finally after 8 tries i got it to download on 3g but then i got a mismatch Md5 sum. Then i tried about 4 more times on wifi mediafire kept saying oops, we're experiencing problems with your download, so i tried 3g again and it downloaded, this time MD5 sums match.

Everything seems fine, just thought i would report my difficulty downloading and why it's a good idea to check Md5 sums.

Thanks again Mrg666 for this great rom and all your hard work!

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm having troubles getting a good download from mediafire as well

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Got a download with matching md5 but no install from recovery.

Could be the recovery? twrp-LS670-test7-2.4.4.0.zip I did flash the rom successfully with this recovery

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

twrp 2.4.4 could very well be the problem if they switched to Jelly Bean API. I know they did for the Nook Color version. Please use a compatible recovery.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Is the latest mirage kernel available anywhere or just in the rom. I have a feeling I'm just overlooking it...

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running CyanMobile X on LS670ZVJ firmware

scotti1111

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

mrg666,

In creating and maintaining the MiRaGe ROM, you have given an incredible gift to Optimus V users like me. I can't believe what you've accomplished, riding on the shoulders of the CyanogenMod team.

My wife & I chose the Optimus V two years ago. It was the only Android phone we could afford, and when we came across its shortcomings I reminded myself we were fortunate to even have smart phones. Still, the short battery life, slow data speeds, draggy camera performance and other flaws were disappointing. A short while later I rooted the phones & we were amazed at how much better life was using the Harmonia ROM? version 1 first, then version 2. Over time I added JuiceDefender and other apps to make up for the remaining flaws.

Recently I noted that LeslieAnn had based the latest version of Harmonia on MiRaGe, so I decided to go to the source and give MiRaGe a try. I couldn't believe the improvement. At 122/806 MHz my phone runs cooler & the battery lasts long enough that I could chuck JuiceDefender, which made all my data-enabled apps more responsive. The Music app in MiRaGe recognizes new mp3s when I add them, so I chucked another 3rd party app. And whatever you've done to the microSD I/O has sped up my boot times & card access in ways I didn't think possible.

These benefits alone would have secured me as a MiRaGe user. Then, this weekend I fired up the Camera app for the first time, expecting it to take 10 seconds or so to load. When it came up a few seconds later I was astonished, and when I saw how short the focus delay had become, I raved about it to my wife. I've been disappointed with apps that purported to improve capture times, and had concluded that the Optimus V just didn't have the right hardware. I'm so happy to have been proven wrong.

Both our phones now run MiRaGe. I appreciate LeslieAnn's work & support of Harmonia, and mean no disrespect in any way. It's a great ROM and will remain the top choice for many people. But I wanted you to know just how much your work on MiRaGe means to me, and to say "thank you." It's amazing to think that I have a 2 year-old phone that feels almost new, and I appreciate you & all you've done to pull all the best tweaks into MiRaGe. Thanks.

Paul2s

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

Following "How To" guides and other threads in these forums I have successfully rooted and moded my Optimus V with Zen Recovery & MiRaGe ROM this very night. I'm beginning to wish I had done it sooner after seeing how much cooler and better functioning it is now. I salute all those who put in all the effort and suffered all the setbacks to make this such an easy and painless experience for those like me who come a little late to the party. Now I have a "new" phone to play with and it didn't cost a cent.

ski522

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

If you want the phone to be even a bit more snappier I suggest an ad blocker too since ads use data and cpu cycles...maybe not a lot, but every little bit helps. I'm personally a fan of AdAway. Google has removed all ad-blockers from Play, but you can sideload AdAway or use F-Droid client to get it from here https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.adaway

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Scotti, thanks for the comments. I am glad that MiRaGe could be useful for you. Enjoy!

Do the following once every week if you want to keep your phone as fast as the first day. And always uninstall all apps that you don't really need/use.
link2sd > menu > more > clear all app caches
link2sd > menu > more > clean up the dalvik cache

scotti1111

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, mrg666, for the advice on cache cleaning & deleting unused apps. I got fanatical & have Cache Cleaner NG deleting app caches every morning but I didn't think about clearing the Dalvik cache, too. And dumb as it sounds, I didn't think about unloading unused/rarely used apps until after installing MiRaGe, but I've gone after them now with a religious zeal.

Thanks, too, ski522 for the link to AdAway. I'll be sure to check it out.

silvialover

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site

This is an amazing fast rom with incredible battery life! was using ics rom from bobz but was tired of poor performance and lack of updates. you seem to be the only dev thats still taking care of us ov users. Thanks so much for your hard work. Going to install on my friends ov who experiences frequent reboots even on stock rom. I know not all ov are created equal but i feel that this incredible rom is his last hope for happiness.

Thanks again Mrg666 keep up the great work!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

After opening up a CLi in the "Development folder/android", then typing in the link to your kernel source code,I get this:
Code:
Cloning into 'android_kernel_thunderc'...
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-owmrCq/pkcs11: No such file or directory
What do I need to do to resolve this?

Last edited: