[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (03122013)

I'm trying to follow a tutorial from XDA, but it is so full of holes.
For example: Prepare your kernel source for compilation:

Code:
make clean && make mrproperp
*You must be within your kernel source directory when executing this command.
I open up a terminal in the android_kernel_thunderc folder.
I get errors like:
Code:
andrew@SONY-VAIO-PCV-V200G:~/Development/android/android_kernel_thunderc$ make clean && make mrproperp
make: arm-eabi-gcc: Command not found
/home/andrew/Development/android/android_kernel_thunderc/scripts/gcc-version.sh: line 25: arm-eabi-gcc: command not found
/home/andrew/Development/android/android_kernel_thunderc/scripts/gcc-version.sh: line 26: arm-eabi-gcc: command not found
make: arm-eabi-gcc: Command not found
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/docproc
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/hash
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ?conf_sym?:
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:162:6: warning: variable ?type? set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ?conf_choice?:
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:234:6: warning: variable ?type? set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/kxgettext.o
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/lex.zconf.c
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/arm/Kconfig
*** You have not yet configured your kernel!
*** (missing kernel config file ".config")
*** Please run some configurator (e.g. "make oldconfig" or
*** "make menuconfig" or "make xconfig").
make[2]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 1
make[1]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2
make: *** No rule to make target `mrproperp'.  Stop.
andrew@SONY-VAIO-PCV-V200G:~/Development/android/android_kernel_thunderc$

Their steps seem to be in the wrong order. The next thing it say's:
Pull config from device as a starting point:
*Your default doncifg is located in your kernel source directory in /arch/arm/configs/yourdevice_defconfig
Execute the command:

Code:
make yourdevice_defconfig

Is your search foo super strong today? I need a better tutorial, but I have no experience to figure that out.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (03122013)

For cross compiling the kernel for ARM architecture, you need to download an ARM toolchain. I use linaro toolchain

You can download with the following link
https://launchpad.net/linaro-toolch...-linux-gnueabi-2012.03-20120326_linux.tar.bz2

This tar package can be be expanded into a folder in your home directory.

The kernel configuration file is arch/arm/configs/vm670_config. You can copy this file as .config to the root directory of the kernel source.

After that, you will issue the following command to compile assuming you have expanded the toolchain in android/android-toolchain-eabi_46 in your home folder

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=~/android/android-toolchain-eabi_46/bin/arm-linux-gnueabi-

There are many detailed guides for building the Android kernel. One of them is the following
[Tutorial] Building Your First Kernel - xda-developers

Last edited:

reidiandcen

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

You can also delete the apks you don't want before flashing the zip file. Just open the ROM zip file in 7zip delete the apks and close the zip file. Don't expand and rezip...

So I have come to the conclusion that the post-"seeder-random entropy" builds cause significantly more battery drain than the earlier builds - almost double the previous drain over the course of a day. I have backed off to VM670-CM7.2-IHO-11102012_MiRaGe.zip, but I really liked the Holo launcher in the later builds. So I removed the ADW apk in the zip file, and replaced it with Holo. After I flashed I got a couple of errors on the first couple of reboots - asked me to select a launcher, either ADW or Holo a few times, kept trying to load ADW. I'm thinking this was due as much to Link2SD as anything. I can't find any evidence of ADW on the phone now. Does this seem like normal behavior? Was this the correct way to switch launchers and only have the one installed?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the MiRaGe builds. They have really extended the useful life of my 2+ yr-old OV, and made it a whole lot more fun to use.

ski522

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the MiRaGe builds. They have really extended the useful life of my 2+ yr-old OV, and made it a whole lot more fun to use.
Well, if you're still on the same battery, you may just have a battery starting to show it's age.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

So I have come to the conclusion that the post-"seeder-random entropy" builds cause significantly more battery drain than the earlier builds - almost double the previous drain over the course of a day. I have backed off to VM670-CM7.2-IHO-11102012_MiRaGe.zip, but I really liked the Holo launcher in the later builds. So I removed the ADW apk in the zip file, and replaced it with Holo. After I flashed I got a couple of errors on the first couple of reboots - asked me to select a launcher, either ADW or Holo a few times, kept trying to load ADW. I'm thinking this was due as much to Link2SD as anything. I can't find any evidence of ADW on the phone now. Does this seem like normal behavior? Was this the correct way to switch launchers and only have the one installed?

Thanks for appreciation. I am glad MiRaGe has been useful for you. But battery life difference can't be correct. There is something else outside the ROM and kernel causing the difference for you.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

There is a new build in the OP with the following changes
- Synced with CM
- Latest kernel included
- Updated to latest CM bootanimation
- Updated Holo launcher
- Switched to Koush's Superuser

Enjoy!

acmurdah

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Sorry but I forget, if simply upgrading from the March build wipe only cache and dalvik and then flash ROM? Flashing Gapps not necessary correct?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Yes, after first boot, open link2sd and recreate the mount script. After that reboot, open link2sd again to relink dalvik-cache and libraries.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (04152013)

Not sure what that is but link2sd can be obtained thru Play Store which was just updated today actually ;)

reidiandcen

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for appreciation. I am glad MiRaGe has been useful for you. But battery life difference can't be correct. There is something else outside the ROM and kernel causing the difference for you.

badblue1__: I used whatever kernel was in each ROM build, plus the one or two extra kernels that mrg666 provided in between ROM builds.
ski522: I think you are probably right.
mrg666: I'm leaning toward battery age. Although I have been careful to keep the battery in the 80-100% range for the most part, it is 2+ years old now.

And finally, resorting to the build above does not seem to have significantly improved the situation. Time to flash the latest update!

patkrepp

May 22, 2011
Visit site

this is a sweet ROM, everythings running so smooth and fast, and everything works great on my ls670, I'm using Darktremor a2sd and I have more space than I know what to do with now, lol.....awesome job Mrg

edit:
is 3236 a good benchmark score for the LG optimus S?

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

reidiandcen:
The best CPU speed settings for our phone for the longest battery off charge times are; 480MHz min.-768MHz max. with the interactive governor.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance