[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

ski522

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (04152013)

This was discussed before in this thread and also linked to the that discussion in the third post.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...rage-cm7-2-iho-04152013-a-18.html#post1960209
Yes I did the "settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Notification power widget > widget buttons > Brightness modes". Something I do everytime I install an updated version of the ROM, but still have the problems from time to time. And I always do a fresh install of the ROM so I don't think it's related to anything residual.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

What happened here...?
This occured yesterday outta the blue.
Nothing has been changed in any way.
I went as far as to re-install the widget and also did a re-flash of the kernal.
obviously a few reboots after all that...
Ideas?

Are you sure the widget is on internal (phone) ? I'm sure you know that some widgets won't work right if installed on your sdcard, just a thought.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

My friend has my old OV with this ROM, She says she has issues like music glitches, youtube gives her a couple erorrs before it starts playing videos, when she tries to use the camera it says "cant connect to camera", apps wont load, and pics in the gallery don't load good. I have tried a clean install, and redownload then clean flash, but these prpblems still happen. How can i fix these?
Note: I never had these problems when I had this ROM+phone.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

My friend has my old OV with this ROM, She says she has issues like music glitches, youtube gives her a couple erorrs before it starts playing videos, when she tries to use the camera it says "cant connect to camera", apps wont load, and pics in the gallery don't load good. I have tried a clean install, and redownload then clean flash, but these prpblems still happen. How can i fix these?
Note: I never had these problems when I had this ROM+phone.

I've never had a problem like that with this rom, but when i ran backside rom and had similar problems i would open terminal emulator type first line su second line below su type fix_permissions, let it run, should take less than a minute or so, that always worked for me.

Last edited:

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

I've never had a problem like that with this rom, but when i ran backside rom and had similar problems i would open terminal emulator type first line su second line below su type fix_permissions, let it run, should take less than a minute or so, that always worked for me.

OK thanks. I'll try that and see if that works.
Update: It didn't work :( so I am going to have to experiment with GB ROMs for her (witch sucks because this is my favorite ROM). Thanks anyway :)

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

mrg666:
Finally got around to installing the newest update with the CPU rendering tweak (had it on my SD card every since first day of it's posting).
Everything seems a shade smoother and faster.
Downside: I use WiFi Hotspot for internet service. After 15 minutes the phone auto rebooted, then after making it past the splash screen, never makes it to the boot animation. Blank screen all day long.
I had to install the previous version.

ski522

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

mrg666:
Downside: I use WiFi Hotspot for internet service. After 15 minutes the phone auto rebooted, then after making it past the splash screen, never makes it to the boot animation. Blank screen all day long.
Used my phone just last week for over an hour as a wi-fi hotspot and never saw that problem.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Used my phone just last week for over an hour as a wi-fi hotspot and never saw that problem.

Are you running this tweak http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/187973-guide-disable-cpu-rendering.html I think this is what Andy's referring to.

I just did it to my phone, seems to be running much smoother, i definitely notice a lot less lag especially the keyboard. But i haven't used it as a wifi hotspot.

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

... I use WiFi Hotspot for internet service. After 15 minutes the phone auto rebooted, then after making it past the splash screen, never makes it to the boot animation. Blank screen all day long.

The OV most likely overheated and corrupted its system files as the result. Thus, a re-install cleared the issue.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Isn't this tweak already incorporated into MiRaGe? According to the OP:

I thought it was in there to but after flashing the VM670.egl patch.zip i went to system lib file and the line libLEGS_android _so file was not there, indicating that the patch installed leaving 1 less lib file.

There is also the build.prop tweak, which i haven't attempted yet.

Look on page 8 of Leo's guide, bjzapp has a screenshot of what it looks like after flashing the patch.

I just looked at my build. prop and that tweak is not built into this rom.

Last edited:

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

I thought it was in there to but after flashing the VM670.egl patch.zip i went to system lib file and the line libLEGS_android _so file was not there, indicating that the patch installed leaving 1 less lib file.

Look on page 8 of Leo's guide, bjzapp has a screenshot of what it looks like after flashing the patch.

My files in /system/lib/egl match the bjzapp screenshot without ever installing the VM670.egl patch--just the MiRaGe ROM as-is. Also, re-read the next post by vector84an, it provides more relevant info than the screenshot. It seems to me that the functionality of using-hardware-graphics-rendering is already built-in to MiRaGe.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

My files in /system/lib/egl match the bjzapp screenshot without ever installing the VM670.egl patch--just the MiRaGe ROM as-is. Also, re-read the next post by vector84an, it provides more relevant info than the screenshot. It seems to me that the functionality of using-hardware-graphics-rendering is already built-in to MiRaGe.

Yes it is built in, no need to use egl patch with the current builds

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Yes it is built in, no need to use egl patch with the current builds

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Well, can't get any better than that, so i flashed the patch for nothing!

What about the build.prop tweak? Is it worth editing the build.prop files?

Thanks Mrg666 and tli for clearing this up. :p

Bjzapp's post made me think he just flashed the patch, at least that's the way i took it. I should have checked the system /lib /files first.

Oh well i just keep learning. ;)

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

The OV most likely overheated and corrupted its system files as the result. Thus, a re-install cleared the issue.

Never happens with the previous build which I'm now using. I can go hours, with the phone at 112F at the hottest and never reboot, or corrupt the files. I'll double check and make sure my spare OEM battery isn't getting hotter (runs a shade hotter than one that came with phone), thus causing the problem.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

mrg666, just a quick note to say thanks for this ROM, and a question : is it possible for the user to change the "Kawasaki puke green" color of the battery, wifi, and phone signal indicators? I have poked around in the menus, but haven't found anything that seems to control this.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

mrg666, just a quick note to say thanks for this ROM, and a question : is it possible for the user to change the "Kawasaki puke green" color of the battery, wifi, and phone signal indicators? I have poked around in the menus, but haven't found anything that seems to control this.

In the google play store look for CM7 MDPI themes. After you install one go in to Theme Chooser and select the theme you downloaded from the play store. After that you will need to reboot the phone so it can fully theme what its supposed to theme(also do not put the theme on the sdcard)