[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: You really need link2sd on this phone

This phone just doesn't have enough internal memory to run well with this version of android - forget about the apps, I'm talking about cyanogenmod itself. You can have space in the phone's memory, but not on the partition it needs. If you follow mirage's instructions in the first few posts of this thread, it will fix your memory and cache problems. Many of us have been down this road and have found that link2sd is the best solution for this phone. Memory cards are cheap. I partition mine to be half fat and half ext - no more space problems. Set cyanogenmod to install everything to the phone by default and link2sd will automatically move everything that can be moved to the sdcard. Link2sd should be one of the first things you install after flashing the rom.
But I dont have any space problems.... I have WAY more internal storage with this ROM than with the stock ROM. I do have an sdcard but like I mentioned i only install like 3 or 4 apps on this particular phone.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

But I dont have any space problems.... I have WAY more internal storage with this ROM than with the stock ROM. I do have an sdcard but like I mentioned i only install like 3 or 4 apps on this particular phone.

You may have space on your card, but do you have space on all of the partitions that android uses? Do you know how to check? If any of them fills up, you are going to have issues. Titanium Backup says my total user apps and system data is 139.

Here is my partition usage with link2sd:
/dev/block/mtdblock5 164.5M 99.5M 65.0M 60% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 178.9M 142.4M 36.4M 80% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock1 110.1M 68.7M 41.5M 62% /cache
/dev/block/mtdblock1 110.1M 68.7M 41.5M 62% /data/dalvik-cache
/dev/block/vold/179:2 3.8G 385.7M 3.2G 11% /data/sdext2
/dev/block/vold/179:1 11.1G 1.7G 9.4G 15% /mnt/sdcard

CDBSB

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
When updating (not switching ROMS) all you need to wipe is dalvik-cache and cache.
After that just install the rom and gapps.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I wish I knew this before I just tried to update. Maybe I can restore my nandroid backup and try it.

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Code:
C:\Program Files\Android SDK\sdk\platform-tools> adb shell
# df
df
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                   217880        44    217836   0% /dev
tmpfs                   217880         0    217880   0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs                   217880         0    217880   0% /mnt/obb
/dev/block/mtdblock5    203776     99752    104024  49% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6    203776     70384    133392  35% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock1     68864     62000      6864  90% /cache
/dev/block/mtdblock1     68864     62000      6864  90% /data/dalvik-cache
/dev/block/mtdblock6    203776     70384    133392  35% /cache/download
/dev/block/vold/179:1
                       7741416   1691560   6049856  22% /mnt/sdcard
/dev/block/vold/179:1
                       7741416   1691560   6049856  22% /mnt/secure/asec

So are the cache partitions the problem? Link2SD will help solve this?

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Hmm...just for kicks I went into recovery and cleared cache and dalvik-cache, then checked and the used/free space is still the same.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I tried Link2SD but it didn't help with the cache partitions.

I haven't posted here in a long time, but saw your struggles and couldn't help myself: Link2SD is indeed great (I am an avid user) but there is a particular problem it doesn't solve, when Play Store doesn't have enough cache space to complete download of a large app - even though there is otherwise plenty internal storage. Your problem sounds like this.

The solution is a small free app in the Play Store called MarketFix by Felipe Aron. It temporarily relocates the Play Store cache to SD - not sdext, just regular SD. After successful installation of the troublesome app, you can uninstall MarketFix.

I haven't used it in a long time, so I don't know if it's compatible with the latest Play Store version. But give it a shot. Make sure you get the right app (MarketFix in one word), as there are others with similar names that perform completely different functions.

I hope this does it.

ski522

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

I was having some problems myself with market, but it ended being that the dalvik-cache was taking up all my space in the cache directory so while packages were able to download, they weren't able to install. Using Link2SD I was able to move the dalvik-cache off of internal memory and my market problems cleared up.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I agree, Link2SD absolutely helps in that way to reduce cache usage. And I've hardly had any storage problems since I began using it, I think almost two years ago.

But my wife, who has the same phone and same ROM, but uses way more apps, including some cache hogs, occasionally ran into this issue installing new apps or updates. And MarketFix provides that temporary relief, by shifting the cache to SD, so the download can complete.

If Link2SD is used, it will still take over after installation, moving the apk, library and dalvik files to sdext, and thus keeping more cache and internal storage available.

elicon200

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that choosing a different performance selection in the Cyan mod section, does not stick when the phone is rebooted? To be honest, my VM did that before with BobZ 7.2 mod. I thought applying this rom (which has been great) would eliminate the need to constantly have to go back and re-apply what I want.

Thanks.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that choosing a different performance selection in the Cyan mod section, does not stick when the phone is rebooted? To be honest, my VM did that before with BobZ 7.2 mod. I thought applying this rom (which has been great) would eliminate the need to constantly have to go back and re-apply what I want.

Thanks.

I've never had that problem.
Are you sure you have the set on boot box checked?

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I haven't posted here in a long time, but saw your struggles and couldn't help myself: Link2SD is indeed great (I am an avid user) but there is a particular problem it doesn't solve, when Play Store doesn't have enough cache space to complete download of a large app - even though there is otherwise plenty internal storage. Your problem sounds like this.

The solution is a small free app in the Play Store called MarketFix by Felipe Aron. It temporarily relocates the Play Store cache to SD - not sdext, just regular SD. After successful installation of the troublesome app, you can uninstall MarketFix.

I haven't used it in a long time, so I don't know if it's compatible with the latest Play Store version. But give it a shot. Make sure you get the right app (MarketFix in one word), as there are others with similar names that perform completely different functions.

I hope this does it.
Just saw your message....thanks for the suggestion! I will give it a shot!

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
BTW - any update regarding the Bluetooth issue (draining battery at an insane rate)? If that were fixed this ROM would be perfect!

I work around the problem right now by using Tasker to turn off BT radio if it's disconnected for a few minutes.

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Just saw your message....thanks for the suggestion! I will give it a shot!
Well, I installed MarketFix, started it, and clicked the button to have it do its magic. I then went to the Market and tried updating apps, but they failed just like before.

I watched my free space using "adb shell" while installing updates and indeed the cache partition gets to 100% utilized which triggers the "package file invalid" error. Not sure why MarketFix didn't work for me. (I even tried enabling it a second time, rebooting, etc.)

I also didn't have luck with Link2SD and having it try to relocate the cache partition to SD card. Maybe I need to completely wipe this phone and start over....something may be screwed up somewhere....

Chris Clawson

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

For the Play installation problem, what I ended up doing was to move the /cache/download directory to the SD card at /data/sdext2, then created a link back to the original location. That way all of Play's app installs went to the SD card. It worked perfectly - the only catch was that Link2SD would no longer report the correct size of the /cache partition. (I emailed the author, and he said it sounded like a bug. I haven't heard back from him.)

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Hi everybody,
I just wanted to say thanks to mrg666. I recently switched from the LG Optimus Elite to the LG Optimus V and just flashed this rom.
It is way snappier than the stock and another rom that I tried, however I have one issue.
My 3G data speeds measured in speedtest dropped from around 1-2mbs to around 40-60kbps from stock to Mirage. Status bar 2G/3G indicator app shows that I am on the 3G network..
I did a search through the thead and didn't see any similar post. Has anybody experienced and possibly have any potential solutions/suggestions.
Thanks again.

ucardmaser

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Absolutely love this build, only drawback for me personally is i noticed my voice recognition typing for texts is gone :(

THANKS MRG666