[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: I reinstalled and now usb storage doesn't work

Did you at any time pull the sd card out of the phone or computer before making it safe to do so. I messed mine up so bad one time because of that I had to do a DOD wipe of three passes with Mini Tool to straighten it out (took all day with my old slow computer). Did you have fastcharge on by mistake when you went to use the USB mass storage transfer? When did it work right and when didn't it. Could it be a bad app? Did this just start happening after ROM flash? Could it be a corrupt download?
I'm just shooting at anything that moves?

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: I reinstalled and now usb storage doesn't work

Did you at any time pull the sd card out of the phone or computer before making it safe to do so. I messed mine up so bad one time because of that I had to do a DOD wipe of three passes with Mini Tool to straighten it out (took all day with my old slow computer). Did you have fastcharge on by mistake when you went to use the USB mass storage transfer? When did it work right and when didn't it. Could it be a bad app? Did this just start happening after ROM flash? Could it be a corrupt download?
I'm just shooting at anything that moves?

The card has not been removed from the phone. The phone could have been removed from the computer when windows wouldn't "eject" it, but nothing was being written and it should have been ok. Fastcharge is something I have never used, so if it requires that I do something special, it was not being used. Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly when it happened. My best guess is after using TB to restore applications. I don't think it's a bad app or bad download.

Is there a list of things somewhere that should NOT be link2sd'd?

Thanks!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Might have gotten corrupted when you had to yank from pc (happened to mine last year, had to wipe, create new partition table, then reformat, re- partition, etc,) or bad app, or app needs to be on internal storage.
Anything that controls a major system function like widget apps, volume apps, Play Store ( you can link Play services though), Permission managers, Link2SD, Xposed Installer, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Might have gotten corrupted when you had to yank from pc (happened to mine last year, had to wipe, create new partition table, then reformat, re- partition, etc,) or bad app, or app needs to be on internal storage.
Anything that controls a major system function like widget apps, volume apps, Play Store ( you can link Play services though), Permission managers, Link2SD, Xposed Installer, etc.

OK, I did a test tonight. I plugged the phone into my linux system, told the phone to turn on usb storage, and up it popped! I can see all the files and folders on the sdcard and everything looks fine.

So it appears that it's a window 7 issue somehow - same usb cable used in both cases. I'll continue to play with it and see what I find. This motherboard does have some usb3 ports and drivers for same, but they've been there a while - no recent changes that I'm aware of.

p.s. I couldn't resist ordering a nexus 5 to try out on the t-mobile $30 plan - should have it in a couple of weeks. Boy, is THAT gonna be an upgrade!

ski522

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't resist ordering a nexus 5 to try out on the t-mobile $30 plan - should have it in a couple of weeks. Boy, is THAT gonna be an upgrade!
Does that include voice from T-Mobile? The only plan I could find on their website for $30 was data only. The V has served me very well, but it's age is really start to show now after almost 3 years of hard use. I getting to the point that it might be time to give up my $25 grandfather plan and upgrade to a phone with more horsepower under the hood...Considering the Optimus LG F3 from VM.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
So it appears that it's a window 7 issue somehow - same usb cable used in both cases. I'll continue to play with it and see what I find. This motherboard does have some usb3 ports and drivers for same, but they've been there a while - no recent changes that I'm aware of.

Try downloading a fresh LG USB driver set.
Delete the one now on the computer.
Disable/delete all anti virus and malware protection.
Install fresh drivers with phone unplugged and then reboot. After reboot plug in phone and wait (takes a long time so go make something to eat).

If all drivers installed properly then reinstall/enable anti virus and malware protection.

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Does that include voice from T-Mobile? The only plan I could find on their website for $30 was data only.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

Scroll down almost to the bottom of the page, under the pay-by-the-day section. You'll see a brief mention of a $30/day plan that gives you unlimited Web and text and 100 minutes of talk. There isn't a link to click or anything; just a bare acknowledgment that the plan exists. You can only sign up for it online (order the SIM Starter Kit first) or, apparently, at Walmart. I bought a Nexus 4 and went on this plan after my OV became too unstable to rely on, and have been happy with both.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey consult.
I went back thru looking at your posts.
Did you actually make the FAT32 partition only 1GB? The ext.4 is the one that should be 1GB, leaving the larger partition the Primary FAT32.

Posted via Android Central App

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey consult.
I went back thru looking at your posts.
Did you actually make the FAT32 partition only 1GB? The ext.4 is the one that should be 1GB, leaving the larger partition the Primary FAT32.

In my recovery, it's only possible to specify the size of the EXT partition and/or swap partition (which I don't use) and it creates a FAT32 partition on the rest. So when I say I made a 1 GB partition - that's ext4, and the rest of the 8 gb is FAT32.

p.s. Nexus 5 32 gb and t-mobile micro-sim both arrive on friday - then I'll be trying the $30 plan drew describes above. It's too bad that google voice calls will no longer be possible in 6 months: Google Voice to deny access to third-party apps next year

ski522

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
p.s. Nexus 5 32 gb and t-mobile micro-sim both arrive on friday - then I'll be trying the $30 plan drew describes above. It's too bad that google voice calls will no longer be possible in 6 months: Google Voice to deny access to third-party apps next year
I'm leaning towards T-Mobile's service, they have 4G in my area, tired of waiting for Sprint to update to 4G. I don't want to go off-topic, but would be interested in a brief update on how you like the service.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning towards T-Mobile's service, they have 4G in my area, tired of waiting for Sprint to update to 4G. I don't want to go off-topic, but would be interested in a brief update on how you like the service.

Will do. I used Coverage Maps | Sensorly to check out coverage for my address and it looks great. You can look both on the website or by installing and running their app.

Let's not hijack this thread about the wonderful Mirage ROM that has served us well for years - thank you mrg666! For nexus 5 discussions, xda is very active here: Google Nexus 5 - xda-developers And, of course, there's another one right here on android central: http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/

Last edited:

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Indeed a very HUGE thanks for everything over these past 60+ pages and counting(& still near the top of RRH threads!!)
Inclined, or lets say, can anything more can be done in another update by any means??
What's this Kitkat 4.4 been seeing about ?Like apps updating to work with it...

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Indeed a very HUGE thanks for everything over these past 60+ pages and counting(& still near the top of RRH threads!!)
Inclined, or lets say, can anything more can be done in another update by any means??
What's this Kitkat 4.4 been seeing about ?Like apps updating to work with it...

There are updates for Holo Launcher, Supersu but I am sure everybody can get them from Google Play. I don't see any need for updating the ROM while it is in such a reliable shape. My uptime is over two months now.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

There are updates for Holo Launcher, Supersu but I am sure everybody can get them from Google Play. I don't see any need for updating the ROM while it is in such a reliable shape. My uptime is over two months now.

Like they always say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Thanks mrg666, my phone has never been better, in fact it seems to get better and better, thanks for not changing anything :p

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Even though I don't use my V as much as I used to, I still updated it to the latest mrg. I had to use it as a backup phone last month when I went crazy with some options on Pimp My Rom with a Kyocera Rise (bricked it :( ...oh well). I got a Kyocera Event to replace it. It is easy to swap phones on the VM network though, so once in a while I entertain the idea of using it while I'm out and about in NYC. The V's camera and WiFi is still better than the other phones mentioned.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Well because i did a bonehead move and accidentally erased everything on my SD i was stuck on the LG logo but could get into my recovery and big ups to AndyOpie150 he got me back on track. And i came back to the ILLEST ROM for the OV by mrg666. I forgot how sick this ROM is. I guess i'll stay here for awhile.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got my V running again. Thanks MRG c:

Found it about a day ago. Feels so weird being in gingerbread after so long >. <

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante