[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

VipT

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Newb question from someone who is oblivious. How would I go about installing this VM670_VZW_patch_CM7.2_IHO_07132013_MiRaGe.zip onto a factory (non-rooted) vm670 phone?

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Newb question from someone who is oblivious. How would I go about installing this VM670_VZW_patch_CM7.2_IHO_07132013_MiRaGe.zip onto a factory (non-rooted) vm670 phone?

First thing you need to do is root your phone.

I would suggest that you read the stickies posted at the top of the forum. Be prepared to do a lot of reading, make sure you understand each step that you need to do before attempting this. If you don't understand something, don't be afraid to ask questions. There are many friendly and knowledgeable people here that are happy to help. Read the guides, then read them again, seriously. :)

Good luck.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
How do your sd card speeds compare?

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth replacing my sd card with the fabled class 4 sandisk or not. I would be interested in what speeds other people get with which brand and speed of cards. The test I used is the free app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=ales.veluscek.sdtools&token=UUQR8y5_ Because the optimus v has so little internal storage space, the performance of our phones can be affected quite a bit by the sd card speed when we use link2sd as recommended.

So, given the mirage rom latest version running on the optimus v, what kind of memory speeds do others get with this free app? I ran it a bunch of times and these are the numbers I got:

Fujitsu 16 GB Class 10
Write Read MB/s
6.9 26.9
8.3 29.8
7,6 36.1
8.2 37.1
7.9 25.6
8.0 33.5
7.1 40.2
6.9 30.9
7.6 36.5
7.5 33.9
6.5 28.8

As you can see, they vary quite a bit from run to run. If I average all those, I get 7.5 and 32.6. I would be interested to see what others get, especially with the sandisk class 4 and if they get as much variation from run to run.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do your sd card speeds compare?

Sandisk class 4 16GB micro SD card. I have a 1GB ext.4 partition. I have only 2GB of space left on the FAT32 partition.
I got consistant write speeds around 6 MB/s and the all important read speeds of around 39 MB/s
Test were done using the SD Tools app.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, I did a test tonight. I plugged the phone into my linux system, told the phone to turn on usb storage, and up it popped! I can see all the files and folders on the sdcard and everything looks fine.

So it appears that it's a window 7 issue somehow - same usb cable used in both cases. I'll continue to play with it and see what I find. This motherboard does have some usb3 ports and drivers for same, but they've been there a while - no recent changes that I'm aware of.

I had a little time lately to look into this and it's definitely a windows 7 driver install wedged problem. I have a second bootable windows 7 disk in the same computer that is an SSD and when I boot from the SSD the usb storage from the optimus works as expected. But when I boot from the hard drive, it does not. It just makes an unhappy sound of three short beeps instead of the normal ascending beeps. In the working case, when I look at the drivers used it is just the microsoft usb mass storage driver so it seems that an LG driver is NOT necessary to access mass storage on the phone via USB. The fact that it works when booting fromt he SSD proves that the phone, USB cable and USB port on the computer are all working.

It's a driver problem, but of course I've tried removing all related drivers, rebooting, reinstalling drivers, etc. I have been using a free program to try to troubleshoot the problem and force driver uninstalls: USBDeview - View all installed/connected USB devices on your system. But so far forcing driver uninstalls of anything that appears related hasn't worked. Windows pops up an alert that the driver software was NOT successfully installed. No luck so far, but I'll keep trying and report back what I find. It used to work and whatever it is is keeping any other driver, like the LG one from working as well.

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I ran into this issue 2-3 years ago. You'll need to delete the generic MS driver data from the registry, re-install the LG drivers for the phone, and then reconnect the phone to the computer for it to be recognized properly.

Search Google for info on doing this. Basically what you need to do to delete the driver entries is go into device manager while your phone is plugged in and view it's properties. In the details tab you'll need either the hardware id's first line or the driver key line. Search the registry for the main part of that line without the parts before or after the slashes. Then you'll need to delete those entries. (disclaimer: this is only some of the process that I remember and might not be totally accurate)

Make sure to backup the registry before editing it at all, and make sure to do a little research on removing the driver data from the registry before actually doing it because there's a lot more to it than what I put above, and you can really mess up your computer by editing the wrong things in the registry.

Hope this helps.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the tips, BlastTyrant#AC! That program that I mentioned above, USBDeview, allows me to remove drivers for usb devices whether the device is plugged in or not - it's pretty useful. You can right click on any usb device that's ever been plugged into the computer and examine the properties for all sorts of details.

But it looks like it's info that's being retained in the registry that is causing the problem - some association that's being maintained. I'll follow your tips and I've worked with the registry before and will report back on what I find.

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Like they always say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
The only problem I have is the Bluetooth-battery-drain bug....other than that this ROM is great! I have worked around the BT problem by using Tasker to turn off BT automatically after I disconnect, so it's not a huge deal...

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

The only problem I have is the Bluetooth-battery-drain bug....other than that this ROM is great! I have worked around the BT problem by using Tasker to turn off BT automatically after I disconnect, so it's not a huge deal...

Do you have a pointer to the Bluetooth-battery-drain bug? I did a quick search but didn't find it. I have tasker and know how to use it. Thanks!

Last edited:

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Do you have a pointer to the Bluetooth-battery-drain bug? I did a quick search but didn't find it. I have tasker and know how to use it. Thanks!
We discussed earlier in this thread. Try searching this thread for "bluetooth". But here is a link to the problem we also have on this device. Basically some kernel wakelock bug:

CM7 bluetooth stack for Optimus One/p500/p509 is a battery drainer | mindful omnivore

Also if you google search for "msm_serial_hs_dma" you will find more information, including I believe a kernel patch that resolves it. (But it's been several months since I've looked at this.)

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

We discussed earlier in this thread. Try searching this thread for "bluetooth". But here is a link to the problem we also have on this device. Basically some kernel wakelock bug:

CM7 bluetooth stack for Optimus One/p500/p509 is a battery drainer | mindful omnivore

Also if you google search for "msm_serial_hs_dma" you will find more information, including I believe a kernel patch that resolves it. (But it's been several months since I've looked at this.)

Thanks! I'm using the tasker task he linked to to automatically turn bluetooth off on the phone if unpaired for 3 minutes: Bluetooth Auto Turn Off - Tasker Wiki By the way, I noticed that the price of tasker has decreased from about $6.99 to $2.99. It takes some study and practice, but it allows you to control many aspects of your phone automatically - in this case to work around a bug. It seems like android should do this automatically the way that it turns off gps when it's not being used. Since that is integrated into this rom, I was able to remove the tasks that I had to do it and just leave gps on all the time now - no more having to turn it on and off for navigation.

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Hi everybody,
First of all, thanks again for this awesome ROM that has served me well, for quite some time now.
I have the Virgin Mobile Optimus V with MiRaGe--and I have a friend on Sprint that needs a new phone.
I am wondering if it is possible and/or advisable to flash the LS670 conversion for MiRaGe 07132013 build to the phone and
give the phone to them to activate on Sprint--and if so, if there are any additional precautions or considerations I should be aware of.
I searched around this thread and some other forums and couldn't find a solid answer--so, my apologies if this has been addressed already.

Any information would be helpful--particularly, first hand experience with such a process.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

First you need to check with Spint to see if they will allow the V to be used on their network. If their ok with it post back and we will see what we can do.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Hi everybody,
First of all, thanks again for this awesome ROM that has served me well, for quite some time now.
I have the Virgin Mobile Optimus V with MiRaGe--and I have a friend on Sprint that needs a new phone.
I am wondering if it is possible and/or advisable to flash the LS670 conversion for MiRaGe 07132013 build to the phone and
give the phone to them to activate on Sprint--and if so, if there are any additional precautions or considerations I should be aware of.
I searched around this thread and some other forums and couldn't find a solid answer--so, my apologies if this has been addressed already.

Any information would be helpful--particularly, first hand experience with such a process.

Ls670 patch is for converting the MiRaGe ROM for running on Optimus S. It is not for converting Optimus V to Optimus S. You have to do the phone conversion separetely using different methods. Based on my experience, the effort of phone conversion is not worth the result.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

First you need to check with Spint to see if they will allow the V to be used on their network. If their ok with it post back and we will see what we can do.

Sprint will never agree with using OV. A Sprint ESN transplant from a donor Sprint phone is required and I am not sure it is legal.

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for this great rom, kept my V going for quite some time. But its going into retirement today as I will be getting the Samsung Victory, hope it treats me as well as the V did.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for this great rom, kept my V going for quite some time. But its going into retirement today as I will be getting the Samsung Victory, hope it treats me as well as the V did.

Enjoy your new phone and thanks for the courtesy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae