[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Done it all, Using CWM-based Recovery v 4.0.1.5. Right now I'm formatting my SD card and going to try to load a fresh mirage.

Update/Question. It booted up, yay! Was I suppose to flash the kernel too? I only flashed the rom and gapps.

And is Holo Launcher better than ADW? I'm so accustomed to ADW's setting's but I heard it has lost support.

Kernel comes with it, unless you want a different one.

I prefer holo launcher, but if you like adw, use that.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to bump this to the top again.
It's still THE stable go-to ROM for this device.
My woman is tired of the kitkat clock lag and PAC glitches... so I'm reverting her to this again. It never glitches.

It's so small and elegant, too.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to bump this to the top again.
It's still THE stable go-to ROM for this device.
My woman is tired of the kitkat clock lag and PAC glitches... so I'm reverting her to this again. It never glitches.

It's so small and elegant, too.

I still use it on my OV which is on page plus. Up time is more than a month now and I only charge once a week since data is turned off.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Small issue, but maybe someone has an idea.
I currently have this ROM running on two OV's. My wife's has the original SD card, partitioned, and mine has a 4GB class 4 Sandisk SD card.
We have both had issues in the last couple weeks where our cards are suddenly unmounted, or applications on SD storage don't work right. Is this an issue with both our cards flaking out? Is there something I need to tweak in the ROM settings?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Small issue, but maybe someone has an idea.
I currently have this ROM running on two OV's. My wife's has the original SD card, partitioned, and mine has a 4GB class 4 Sandisk SD card.
We have both had issues in the last couple weeks where our cards are suddenly unmounted, or applications on SD storage don't work right. Is this an issue with both our cards flaking out? Is there something I need to tweak in the ROM settings?
The problem might be that they where partitioned.
What was the reason you partitioned them?
The stock 2GB card shouldn't be partitioned. A 4GB really doesn't have the room either.
If you partitioned to use Link2SD it needs a 1GB partition to work effectively.
Major rule of thumb: You can only use no more than 20% of the actual available space for the partition. Any more than that will eventually cause glitches and major corruption.

20% of a 4GB SD card is only 800MB.

My suggestion is to delete the partition and format back to default value with Windows OS.
Insert SD card into computer. Go to start/computer.
Right click on the SD card icon. Select to format.
Then don't partition them. You will need at least an 8GB SD card.
You can buy a Sandisk 16GB class4 micro SD card at WalMart pretty cheap.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I flashed both Fly-On Mod zips that are required in the touchscreen ClockworkMod recovery. Entropy value is up, and everything is faster and smoother.
Edit: 3G connection has improved as well.

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I flashed both Fly-On Mod zips that are required in the touchscreen ClockworkMod recovery. Entropy value is up, and everything is faster and smoother.
Edit: 3G connection has improved as well.

Glad to here that, i need all the help i can get for better 3g!

Thanks for sharing the tweaks :) i'll be sure to thank the dev on xda as well.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Well andy, i deleted the 10 entropy line in init.d made a nandroid, rebooted, went into recovery, flashed the Fly-On gb.zip, it said it installed, so i rebooted and in terminal put in
su
Fly-On, it said Fly-On not found?
Tried
su
entropy_on terminal said not found?
Any ideas would be appreciated, oh, and i rebooted and installed it again, on recovery it said it installed but terminal emulator says not found? Don't know what else to do.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Need to use the touch screen ClockworkMod recovery to install. You need to install the GB sqlite zip first, then the beta6 zip.
I did not need to wipe or format anything.
PS: Entropy value is now usually 4096 when I check it.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Check your /system/xbin and see if the sqlite3 file is there.
If not, extract contents of sqlite zip and manually copy and paste sqlite3 to /system/xbin.
Check libncurses.so and make sure it's in the /system/lib folder.
When done open terminal and type in the code.
Don't forget to type in entropy_on before closing terminal.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Check your /system/xbin and see if the sqlite3 file is there.
If not, extract contents of sqlite zip and manually copy and paste sqlite3 to /system/xbin.
Check libncurses.so and make sure it's in the /system/lib folder.
When done open terminal and type in the code.
Don't forget to type in entropy_on before closing terminal.

I am using cwm touch recovery, i just checked all those files you said andy, they are all there where their supposed to be. I am at work, when i get time i'll flash the beta6.zip, i didn't know i needed to flash that too.

Thanks for the help, will post back after i flash beta6.

EDIT :SUCCESS ..... just flashed beta6.zip, turned entropy on in terminal, said Fly-On installed, already noticed the buttery smoothness, entropy at 4096! 3g much better.

Shhh, don't tell anyone i did this at work. Just kiddin, did it on my 9:00am break.

Thanks for the help andy, don't know what I'd do without you! :)

Last edited:

checcles

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys. I updated to the latest version and after a day of being able to download apps and having sufficient storage space, I only get a 495 Google error, just like what had happened before I updated. Like I said, plenty of storage on both the phone and SD card. I'm trying to download a small stopwatch app for crying out loud!

Any advice? Thanks.