[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys. I updated to the latest version and after a day of being able to download apps and having sufficient storage space, I only get a 495 Google error, just like what had happened before I updated. Like I said, plenty of storage on both the phone and SD card. I'm trying to download a small stopwatch app for crying out loud!

Any advice? Thanks.
sometimes google play space errors mean you need to format /cache and dalvik-cache in recovery.

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have this ROM installed on an LG US670. I would often have trouble installing software and would get "Package file invalid" error messages. What was happening was the standard cache partition would run out of space. It is very small on this phone for some reason.

I finally solved it by creating an SD-EXT partition and using "Mounts2SD" to redirect the cache and dalvik-cache areas to the SD-EXT partition. No problems since. It is the only SD card redirection tool I'm using on this phone right now.

checcles

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have this ROM installed on an LG US670. I would often have trouble installing software and would get "Package file invalid" error messages. What was happening was the standard cache partition would run out of space. It is very small on this phone for some reason.

I finally solved it by creating an SD-EXT partition and using "Mounts2SD" to redirect the cache and dalvik-cache areas to the SD-EXT partition. No problems since. It is the only SD card redirection tool I'm using on this phone right now.

Ya I've gotta that error off and on for months now too. Trying Mounts2SD now. Thanks you guys. I'll let you know if this fixes it.

checcles

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Totally works! Just having a hard time making it through the day on a single charge! Installed AppKiller and it does a tiny bit better. Any advice?

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Totally works! Just having a hard time making it through the day on a single charge! Installed AppKiller and it does a tiny bit better. Any advice?
Do you have Bluetooth turned on? BT absolutely drains the battery with this custom ROM. (It's really the only flaw in the ROM that I know of.)

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

As mentioned by others, Juice Defender does a fine job of extending battery life. I have the Ultimate version that I bought on sale at amazon for $2 but I think even the basic free version will help by keeping a lot of processes from running constantly, but restarting them as needed.

checcles

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you have Bluetooth turned on? BT absolutely drains the battery with this custom ROM. (It's really the only flaw in the ROM that I know of.)
Nope. :(
As mentioned by others, Juice Defender does a fine job of extending battery life. I have the Ultimate version that I bought on sale at amazon for $2 but I think even the basic free version will help by keeping a lot of processes from running constantly, but restarting them as needed.
Maybe I'll switch over from AppKiller. Thanks.

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi everybody, I was wondering if activate.apk can be executed on MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO. I was going to possibly pass my phone along to a friend, though I don't have all of the original files to go back to stock, and wouldn't really want to anyway. And if so, does anybody have a copy of the file they can share? Thanks.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody, I was wondering if activate.apk can be executed on MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO. I was going to possibly pass my phone along to a friend, though I don't have all of the original files to go back to stock, and wouldn't really want to anyway. And if so, does anybody have a copy of the file they can share? Thanks.

If you don't want to go back to stock, flash a froyo rom,they all have the activate app built in. ;)

gener21839

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Anyone else getting this problem with "Google Play services" version 6.5.99 (1642632-012) where it the data is filled up to the phone's capacity every time Google Play is opened?

It's getting to the point where I'm making a habit of having to go in to the app settings and using "Clear data" to use my phone.

Edit: Actually, it's doing it anyway. It maxes out the 50-60mb I have left over and I have to clear it out regularly.

Last edited:

steviede

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else getting this problem with "Google Play services" version 6.5.99 (1642632-012) where it the data is filled up to the phone's capacity every time Google Play is opened

I've been having the same issue. Thought it was old emails at first, and then the problem reoccurred. Finally found the Google services data problem, where the remainder of the internal storage is filled causing all sorts of issues.

I have been doing the same practice of using the "clear data" option in the app settings.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same issue. Thought it was old emails at first, and then the problem reoccurred. Finally found the Google services data problem, where the remainder of the internal storage is filled causing all sorts of issues.

I have been doing the same practice of using the "clear data" option in the app settings.

Fortunately, for me, i don't have any apps that need Google play services to run so i uninstalled it. :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
google play services, vending, and such have gotten so huge they push the internal storage capacity of this phone.
the only gimmick I know of to free that up with MiRaGe is using multirom running MiRaGe from card; that only works with 'good' cards without nasty lag, and has other potential issues...

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I updated my play store(odexd) not to version 5.xx, but the one below.
When linked to SD (using Link2SD) I have no internal space issue.

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey everybody. I'm wondering if Xposed installer and modules can be flashed in this ROM, or if I will break my system in attempting to do so.
Post a reply if you get a chance.
Thanks.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody. I'm wondering if Xposed installer and modules can be flashed in this ROM, or if I will break my system in attempting to do so.
Post a reply if you get a chance.
Thanks.
there's experimental gingerbread version of xposed but not many modules that work at the lower API.

I tried it once, seemed to work, just make a nandroid first.

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the information and the word of caution. Mainly, I want to install Permission Manager and/or X Privacy. I'm not sure if there is a suitable alternative outside of Xposed modules.
there's experimental gingerbread version of xposed but not many modules that work at the lower API.

I tried it once, seemed to work, just make a nandroid first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge