If you're running CM7 and you get the Insufficient Space and/or Invalid Package error when using Google Play this may help you out.

There is a script baked into CM7 that moves DALVIK CACHE to the Cache partition (where previously it was located in the Data partition). From what I understand this was done in order to open up more space in the Data partition.

The problem with this is that once you have a certain amount of apps installed the Cache partition gets filled up. Once there is no more room for Cache files then you get the "Insufficient Space" error. Once there is no more room for Dalvik-Cache to expand then you get the "Invalid Package" error.

I tried a "fix" for the OS that uses S2E to move Dalvik Cache to an SD-Ext partition: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...et-issues.html. This seemed to work great at first but then I rebooted and my phone kept crashing and only a handful of my apps would appear. For some reason some files got corrupted. I ended up having to restore Harmonia 2 from scratch to get things right again.

Trying that process a second time yielded the same results so it's pretty much a no-go for the OV... at least with Harmonia 2. However I found some information in the S2E thread that did prove to be useful. I figured out how to disable the CM7 script that moves the Dalvik Cache location to begin with!

So if you don't mind losing about half of your internal storage space (not much of an issue for me being I have almost all of my apps installed to SDCard) then you should be able to do the following to get things working correctly again:

1> Make sure USB Debugging is enabled in Applications/Development
    2> Boot into recovery and MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!
    3> Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache from recovery
    4> Go to Mounts and Storage from recovery and make sure all of the partitions are mounted
    5> Connect your phone to your computer while it's still in recovery and issue the following commands from ADB Shell (if you do not know how to use ADB then you need to search through these forums to figure out how to set it up. The ZV9 update thread pretty much explains that process):

Code:
    rm /system/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik
    rm -r /cache/dalvik-cache/
    reboot
    6> Let the phone boot normally. It will take much longer than normal because it has to rebuild the Dalvik Cache in the Data partition. After that let it sit several minutes after booting to repopulate all of your apps. Once everything is up and running double check how much space you have left in internal storage and reboot yet again for good measure.

This worked for my OV 2.2.2 updated with ZV9 running Harmonia 2.
    Badboytoast likes this.
    06-11-2012 07:53 PM
    Ill keep this on favorites! Just in case I need this thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-2012 10:45 PM
    Best fix is just delete 01mvdalvik from init.d, clear data from play store, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot, done. Fixed. Repaired. Corrected. Finished.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-11-2012 10:58 PM
    There is one script that moves the dalvik-cache to the sdcard. The 40ad2sdx script that OM-Mandylion use moves the dalvik-cache to the sd-ext, so that the cache partition is left for the system apps, and mounts the data partition as sd-ext, and the sd-ext gets mounted as data.
    06-11-2012 11:36 PM
    All of these others are things (except mandylion) are things I've tried, the only one that works every time, I think because it's a FIX, not a hack, is 01mvdalvik. Its quick, simple, and permanent. It involves no system trickery, no additional apps no craziness, and you can use (essentially) all the space the phone tells you that you have. Try it, love it. Props to Jerryscript for including it in BACKside, and making me love cm7 again.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-12-2012 09:32 PM
    Best fix is just delete 01mvdalvik from init.d, clear data from play store, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot, done. Fixed. Repaired. Corrected. Finished.
    How do I do that first step? "delete 01mvdalvik from init.d"?
    06-28-2012 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD