Hey all, First and foremost thank you for reading, and secondly, I know this has been asked a magillion times, but as with most things, there are so many different how-to's, methods, and links, that I'm really in need of definitive answers from experienced people.

I need to change the phone number on a Older Optimus V running Harmonia 2.8 (GB) I am aware that only Froyo can activate phones and as such I need to revert to stock in order to do this. However going in to backups in CMW says there are none (I know I made one but blah!).

So now I'm stuck. I've read over
    How to restore your Optimus V to almost original condition - Prepaid Android

However I cannot hook that phone to a computer (it's my friends and they don't own a PC, however I could bring an SD stick to them with all the needed stuff).

Is there any way possible to change phone # (re-activate) the phone without going to stock rom (I can't get froyo Harmonia to boot on that one specifically, not sure why). If that's my only option, Is there a solid 'backup' of it I can use directly from CMW with an SD card with the zip/backup anyone could share with me?.

I greatly GREATLY appreciate any help on this as the person I rooted this for is extremely unhappy with me right now!!! =(
    06-14-2012 08:55 PM
    You could always install the official update ZV9, then use Gordita root on it when done.

Of course, remember that it also updates to ZV9 baseband.. So be aware of that. I think that if you flash in a custom recovery, it'll skip the baseband update and install the OS only, so you should be good to go. I used BobZHome's recovery to flash it, and it flashed it without the radio update like normal. I hear you can only flash radio if in stock recovery.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-challeng.html
    06-14-2012 09:04 PM
    Thank you very much for your response, however I'm a bit confused, sorry.
    What exactly are you suggesting I do? I thought I understood at first but!

I understand what you meant about the radio update, but if I flash that via CWM with harmonia still installed, would that allow me to reactivate the phone?. Not to mention you yourself in your link say you don't recommend that update =(

Sorry for the 'noobness' and I appreciate any follow-up and/or other assistance!
    06-14-2012 09:21 PM
    I just re-read How to restore your Optimus V to almost original condition - Prepaid Android

It mentions you can use a 'Terminal Emulator' etc etc and that's fine without a pc! *facepalm*.

Can anyone confirm that this is the best method (and the files it lists on its site) to use? Is there anything simpler (hate to ask that but if it's at all possible, etc etc) to re-activating/changing phone #'s in such a situation?

Cheers & Thank You
    06-14-2012 09:24 PM
    I'd suggest using Leslie's Rhode rom. Make a backup, wipe and flash Rhode, do what you need to, wipe and restore backup.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-14-2012 09:25 PM
    Or you could try this
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=160176

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-14-2012 09:27 PM
    I found that one first, and unfortunately it's download link is 404

Looking for Leslie's Rhode rom now!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-12june12.html
    This sure sounds like what I need. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    06-14-2012 09:31 PM
    I found that one first, and unfortunately it's download link is 404

Looking for Leslie's Rhode rom now!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-12june12.html
    This sure sounds like what I need. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    This is EXACTLY what that rom was designed for.
    Redbaron2005 likes this.
    06-14-2012 09:36 PM
    This is EXACTLY what that rom was designed for.
    I was hoping someone had made a super stripped version for just such purposes, shoulda figured it'd be you!
    Thank you once again for your efforts and work, I greatly GREATLY appreciate it.

This is going to sound silly but just to be sure, what should I wipe and not wipe after making a 'backup' and installing this one, and then also, what should I wipe and not wipe after re-activating and wish to 'restore'?. I've never done such process and want to be sure I don't break something, thank you very very much!.
    06-14-2012 10:18 PM
    I was hoping someone had made a super stripped version for just such purposes, shoulda figured it'd be you! Thank you once again for your efforts and work, I greatly GREATLY appreciate it.

This is going to sound silly but just to be sure, what should I wipe and not wipe after making a 'backup' and installing this one, and then also, what should I wipe and not wipe after re-activating and wish to 'restore'?. I've never done such process and want to be sure I don't break something, thank you very very much!.
    In your case, wipe:
    -boot
    -cache
    -system
    AND
    -Dalvik cache

more details here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ustom-rom.html

Before you do any of that, you'll need to backup your SD card contents to a PC/External drive.
    That's so you don't lose anything that needs to be restored later. Do at least a nandroid through recovery. I usually do that, plus the SD card deal, and a backup created in Titanium Backup pro, usually when upgrading or trying out a new ROM.

Good luck.
    06-14-2012 10:31 PM
    Considering what you are doing, just backup, install over the top, activate then restore your backup.

All you need it stable enough for is to run the app.
    Restore will overwrite everything.

Update...
    This is risky, while it could save you some time, or you may have to go back, wipe and re-install. Take your pick.
    06-15-2012 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD