04-12-2014 01:54 PM
388 ... 1213141516
tools
    I love it, but I keyboard lag is quite annoying.
    08-11-2012 04:04 PM
    Normally I wouldn't post this many consecutive comments in a thread, but this time I really need help. How can I get v6 and kak working on my phone? I need a specific noob-proof guide to make the most out of this spectacular ROM.
    Thanks in advance!
    08-12-2012 04:44 PM
    I love it, but I keyboard lag is quite annoying.
    Use the default Stock Gingerbread keyboard. Check the thread, theres a Stock Keyboard zip. Ill post a link if i have time.

Normally I wouldn't post this many consecutive comments in a thread, but this time I really need help. How can I get v6 and kak working on my phone? I need a specific noob-proof guide to make the most out of this spectacular ROM.
    Thanks in advance!
    Open up Terminal Emulator:

Su
    V6

Let it run, and use option 7, I believe or one if your choice. Then reboot, that handles V6

Go back in Terminal and do:

Su
    Kak

And follow the commands. Its self explanatory

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-12-2012 05:01 PM
    Use the default Stock Gingerbread keyboard. Check the thread, theres a Stock Keyboard zip. Ill post a link if i have time.

Su
    V6

Let it run, and use option 7, I believe or one if your choice. Then reboot, that handles V6

Su
    Kak

Thanks, the keyboard lag was my fault, though, I type so fast, when I have vibration on, the vibrations can't keep up with me! So, it seemed like lag, so I turned off vibration keyboard and all was well. Yay

And, is BusyBox required to run kak and v6???
    Thanks in advance.
    08-12-2012 05:13 PM
    Busybox is really confusing me. I downloaded the app from the Play Store, clicked "install" and waited and went into Terminal and did the "updatebb" but it said not found... o_O
    08-12-2012 06:11 PM

Su
    V6

Su
    Kak

When you say check the thread, do you mean this thread or the gingerbread keyboard thread? Because I experience a slight lag and it annoys me
    08-12-2012 06:21 PM
    When you say check the thread, do you mean this thread or the gingerbread keyboard thread? Because I experience a slight lag and it annoys me
    I'm pretty sure I got the link off of this thread, I don't remember, but I have it!
    My noob mind is still stuck on Busybox D:
    08-12-2012 06:28 PM
    Flash this: http://www.mediafire.com/?67ydb625xxnx3ui

The ICS keyboard takes up ram. A lot of it.

I'm pretty sure I got the link off of this thread, I don't remember, but I have it!
    My noob mind is still stuck on Busybox D:
    Busybox, is it not working?

08-12-2012 07:17 PM
    I tried to click install, it says it installed, but in terminal emulator when I say updatebb and it said not found.. :/
    I just ended up doing it without busybox and I don't see a difference....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-12-2012 07:48 PM
    Updatebb is worthless, as Busy box is up to date

Encerspay45 likes this.
    08-12-2012 09:48 PM
    I know there was some discussion of WiFi issues earlier in this thread, but my current one seemed unique so I figured I would ask. When I flashed the rom, I had no trouble getting on wifi - worked perfectly. Yesterday, because I was out and my battery was getting drained, I turned off wifi. When I got home, I couldn't turn it back on. In the settings menu, when I hit the button to check "wifi on", it sits there and does nothing, eventually saying "error" below the box where it normally says "connecting..." or "connected".

I reflashed yesterday and wifi worked perfectly, but I turned it off again today to see what would happen and it does the exact same thing.

If it helps, I did try the 3g tweak but I don't know if that would affect the wi-fi. Again, I am having no problem finding the wifi signal - I just can't even get the phone to turn wifi on.

Thanks for any help.
    08-12-2012 09:55 PM
    Its all the 3G turbocharger do NOT use it. It kills Wifi

Encerspay45 likes this.
    08-12-2012 10:21 PM
    Thanks! I was just about to do 3g lol.
    I just did the v6 without busybox and I haven't noticed difference, probably because I didn't use busybox! Lol
    I love this ROM, it's my daily. No issues as of 48 hours from flash.
    I also forgot to use terminal emulator before using Link2SD.. and now all of my apps are linked......
    Everything force closed but I rebooted and now everything's fine.
    08-13-2012 05:53 PM
    What are the best settings to get the best battery life out of this ROM? So far mine has lasted 11 hours till I had to charge it. Can I do better?
    08-15-2012 05:34 AM

This is what I have as well. Don't let the last charging part fool ya :P.

To get more, well, use it less

08-15-2012 06:08 AM
    Haha, I usually get a day of full use out of this battery and charge it all night. 11-13 hours seems about right.
    08-15-2012 05:47 PM
    I'm on phone 95% the time it's not dead. Lol.
    Encerspay45 and sellers86 like this.
    08-15-2012 06:19 PM
    Got myself a random reboot today. To be fair, the phone was on 5% running an internet-using app on 1 bar of 3g, and was very, very hot...
    but it's the only issue I've had since first flash on Saturday.
    Also, I have all of my apps linked to my 2nd partition with Link2SD, but I never went into Terminal Emulator before like the OP said... should I be worried?
    Nothing's been wrong with the phone yet, except for the reboot I just mentioned, but like I said, I was pushing the poor phone to the limit.
    08-16-2012 08:32 PM
    I get reboots when I'm on 3G with all roms. No idea why. It just locks up

08-16-2012 10:48 PM
    be sure to stop dsp (if you use it), and google playstore after every boot... otherwise theyll run constantly in the background... cached process'?...
    inceyet likes this.
    08-16-2012 11:09 PM
    Everything works perfectly except one minor thing. When I try to listen to long audio files on the internet with either the music or walkman player itll let me listen to about 5 mins of it and close out. Wondering what might be the issue
    08-18-2012 01:36 PM
    Everything works perfectly except one minor thing. When I try to listen to long audio files on the internet with either the music or walkman player itll let me listen to about 5 mins of it and close out. Wondering what might be the issue
    That happens to me as well, often if I select a song to play and then quickly press the lock button to turn my screen off; it will play a couple seconds of music and then completely exit out
    08-18-2012 03:05 PM
    This rom is based on a really old nightly comparing to the recent CM. So...

08-18-2012 03:55 PM
    So...
    I think, when I have some spare time, I'll just flash Ginger Snap. Looks a lot more stable.
    Even though I've had zero issues with this ROM.
    08-19-2012 07:19 PM
    Bump.
    Considering switching to GTR to give it a test.
    08-31-2012 03:54 AM
388 ... 1213141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD