[ROM-July 31]G-T-R Reloaded 7.8.6| Gaming+Beats(Root Fix Updated)

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-July 31]G-T-R Reloaded 7.8.5| Gaming+Beats

did anyone figure out the wifi work around? the instructions on doing the scripts, then rebooting, doing the scripts etc...didnt work for me

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
@TGL dl this right after you uploaded it...great work as all ways but for some reason I was having problems with gaining root access with all root based apps TB, system tuner even superuser I had issues with sorry I don't have any screen shots had to go back to aokp ...any thoughts

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You cant flash the rom, then the root. You have to flash rom, boot, then flash root me package

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Help please. I flashed the rom then apps, booted and then booted to recovery to flash root.zip. OK now for some crazy reason I cannot restore and of my 5 restore points in cwm blue recovery. When restoring, each time it gets to sd-ext restore I get an error that says "sd-ext.img not found". Then I try to boot into rom and get hung at boot animation every time. Smh. Anyone have any ideas?

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
OK you lost me, I get the flash the rom then boot, but flash root me package?

Yeah I had to flash root me.zip after installing but that seemed to work fine, problem was I decided to restore back to my June version GTR cm7 rom. Wiped everything and hit restore, it showed restore complete but when I booted it hung at the boot animation. Its done that to every backup file I've made with 4 other roms. But then I was able to flash my ICS cm9 beta zip, and gapps, booted up and started with a clean slate. I could even create a restore point after that and restore to it with no boot problems. I'm very confused.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I had to flash root me.zip after installing but that seemed to work fine, problem was I decided to restore back to my June version GTR cm7 rom. Wiped everything and hit restore, it showed restore complete but when I booted it hung at the boot animation. Its done that to every backup file I've made with 4 other roms. But then I was able to flash my ICS cm9 beta zip, and gapps, booted up and started with a clean slate. I could even create a restore point after that and restore to it with no boot problems. I'm very confused.

OK so where is this root me zip can I get some direction to it, cause after I went back to aokp all was good and I didn't restore a backup ,

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
OK so where is this root me zip can I get some direction to it, cause after I went back to aokp all was good and I didn't restore a backup ,

Its a few posts back. Like one page back

issacobra

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

rootme.zip worked perfectly for me. I haven't tried restoring though. But now I do have root access. :) This rom is pretty sweet! Very fast + responsive.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Ok. MINOR UPDATE. Mostly to fix bugs.

GTR-7.8 July 31 TGL(FIXED).zip

- Walkman is back as System App

- Root SHOULD be fixed

- Replaced some Bin files

Sorry about it being a full zip. Didn't have time to make a patch, simply because I'm not good with it. :)

issacobra

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-July 31]G-T-R Reloaded 7.8.6| Gaming+Beats(Root Fix Upda

home button and search button do not work after wipe + re-install of new package. status bar will not drag down. anyone else? the package before (FIXED) was fine. - I wiped and re-installed to test the (FIXED) one and that's when i ran into those problems. re-installed the old package (thankfully i still had it saved somewhere). also, it seemed like the (FIXED) version was much much slower during set up.

-after reinstall of old package everything is sexy again. will wait to hear from you/others before i try again.

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Im using it now with no problems. I encountered a small slow down since i restored messages, but its because i have 1000+ from last week. :\

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site

I am still kind of new to the whole android scene, will I still need gapps with the fixed version? I dont understand the difference between the fixed and the non fixed

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Ok good work TGL I just flashed the fixed version, root is indeed fixed. So far no problems, just getting my stuff back via link2sd now. Buttons work, im on wifi, 3g is working etc etc.

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Im annoyed with SuperUser.... It says access granted, then when trying to update the binary, no root apps do what their supposed to do.

Acces granted..... Operation fail. :banghead::banghead::confused::mad:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
485c0178-6ffd-410b.jpg
485c0178-7003-adda.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member