[ROM-July 31]G-T-R Reloaded 7.8.6| Gaming+Beats(Root Fix Updated)

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Have been running this and its bananas

425700f8-0b7e-4813.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
[Edited for further updates]

What's happened so far: Solved the Link2SD problem the hard way - I pulled the apk's out of partition's "data" folder and merely reinstalled the ones i still wanted. All linked up easily with L2SD.

So far, this is a fantastic ROM. I had previously tested a couple ICS ROMS, and while I liked the whole feel of them, I wanted something more stable, and not too boring. GTR seems to do the trick. This is the best GB ROM I've installed, and it's fun to play with. Audio is fantastic. Runs very smooth, though there were a few force close issues. Fixed permissions via recocery on those and now everything is great. You may have to do the same if you get a lot of force closes or you can't run a root explorer. All apps are now running smooth so far.

Some of the added features don't work well. Had a problem with a widget or two. The FM radio tuner doesn't work. And the online listening feature on Walkman is all in Chinese and doesn't connect (says 'Hero' problem).

The ICS theme is great, combining many of the good ICS features while leaving out the not-so-good ones (contacts and dialer, the black and blue status bar, and the instability of the Op V CM9 ROMs. I certainly won't knock them, since these are pretty good for alpha/beta phase. Just needed more stability. GTR delivers, and delivers well.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-CM7-PORT] G-T-R Reloaded 7.8

Just loaded this ROM (the ICS ROMs were just a bit too unstable for me). Only thing is the a2sd support. I still have a bunch of apps on my sd-ext (didn't format), and the OS can't find this partition. Had no problem with the ICS ROMs. I even installed Link2SD and no dice there. Exactly how does a2sd support work on this ROM, and how do I get back my apps?

I use s2e personally, it works just fine with GTR

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Love this rom but:

Warning!!!!!!!!

Do not run v6, kak, and 3g scripts together. It will stop your wifi connectivity. See post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1373698 . I personally experienced this 2 times . I'm on my third flash of this rom and I love it. Can't tell that beats audio actually does anything tho.

I have had no issues going this.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EdmundAshdown

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had no issues going this.

Could you share the steps you took that worked for you? Did you simply follow the recommended settings in the op or do something differently? If you simply followed the steps in the op then let me ask what version of the optimus do you have? I have the old optimus with the older screen and radio.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to know if I have to redo the terminal prompts again after flashing a different rom back to this beast :cool:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Could you share the steps you took that worked for you? Did you simply follow the recommended settings in the op or do something differently? If you simply followed the steps in the op then let me ask what version of the optimus do you have? I have the old optimus with the older screen and radio.

Wanted to know if I have to redo the terminal prompts again after flashing a different rom back to this beast :cool:

Flash rom like any IHO rom. I only recommended V6 with option 7.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by EdmundAshdown

Originally Posted by inceyet

Flash rom like any IHO rom. I only recommended V6 with option 7.

Yea I already did the v6 just wanted to know if that had to be done again after reflashing back to gtr

joey92

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
OK everyone I think I found out how to enable the 3g turbocharger v6 supercharger and kick ass kernalizer without loosing wifi. I did a fresh install and turned on wifi and turned it off then I ran the 3g turbocharger used the quick setting rebooted. When rebooted turn on wifi and turn it off and run kak (i enabled I/O tweaks) and rebooted. After rebooting turn on wifi and turn it off then i ran v6 supercharger option number 7 let it run rebooted and wifi is working flawlessly.

Reactions: irish-68 and bkttk2

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM-CM7-PORT] G-T-R Reloaded 7.8

OK everyone I think I found out how to enable the 3g turbocharger v6 supercharger and kick ass kernalizer without loosing wifi. I did a fresh install and turned on wifi and turned it off then I ran the 3g turbocharger used the quick setting rebooted. When rebooted turn on wifi and turn it off and run kak (i enabled I/O tweaks) and rebooted. After rebooting turn on wifi and turn it off then i ran v6 supercharger option number 7 let it run rebooted and wifi is working flawlessly.

Wi-Fi is back!!! Thanks!!!

On a separate note, anyone know why the widgets take forever to load on startup?

Aside from a few glitches, I'm really diggin' this ROM so far, one week later.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Does SD need to be partitioned to ext3 or ext4 I'm partitioned on fat32

CodeName Android da place to be :p

I used ext4 but it didn't automatically pick up on it. I had to use link2sd to get it to work.

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
(Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12