07-19-2012 01:45 AM
63 123
tools
    Also, you say you get stuck in CWM recovery, does it say Xionia CWM or just CWM?
    dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 02:02 AM
    I can't even get to recovery is the thing. I can't even "break" it again to just nonstop keep me in recovery. otherwise i'd be trying to flash the xonia through the sd card .zip install thing.

it does ask for SU access when i type su, allowed it etc
    06-17-2012 02:02 AM
    Okay, I think I understand now. I was under the impression it was entering recovery and then crashing, wiping, etc... but basically, you're saying it just begins to wipe when you reboot the phone? Or does the ROM itself crash and reboot and wipe?
    dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 02:06 AM
    it actually doesn't say cwm, i just assume it's th at because it's orange text and has the same background as the cwm one that i had used from before.
    06-17-2012 02:08 AM
    Yep if I restart it, even when holding the home + vol down + power to get to recovery it just starts wiping cache and factory resetting, then reboots the phone, then loads CM7 like a fresh install of it.
    06-17-2012 02:09 AM
    android system recovery..

DO NOT PULL OUT BATTERY!

formatting cache
    formatting data
    factory reset
    restarting

that's what i get
    06-17-2012 02:11 AM
    Okay, so reading a few other threads, Xionia could be what is causing the reflash each time.

So, my next set of steps for you to try, is to re-do everything I said to do in the first post, EXCEPT
    use this recovery instead: VM670NH_recovery.img

and in the last step, make sure to type in VM670NH_recovery.img instead of just recovery.img. Then, if I am correct, you will be basically stuck in recovery, which sounds bad, but is actually progress.

If this doesn't work, then I'm stumped, and somebody with knowledge of fastboot will have to chime in. Anybody?
    dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 02:12 AM
    woo it got into the recovery. now what? i do have xonia's recovery zip on here, as well as the cm7 .zips (gapps and backside iho)

thoughts? Btw, i very much appreciate the help. I'm clueless with phones but I know how frustrating troubleshooting is without being able to see what you're working with. Even if it somehow just doesn't ever work again, I understand and am very thankful.
    06-17-2012 02:28 AM
    Wtg tracking that one down Cole.. As soon as I saw the formatting message it all clicked. So now that there is a recovery, can a different one be reflashed without format hell?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 02:30 AM
    Just saw the other question... Now that you have a different recovery see if you can reboot normally.. If that works then you should be able to install any recovery... Cole might know for sure, but based on what I know, try it and if it starts going crazy again just reflash the other recovery. Worse comes to worse you can go back to that one.

dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 02:34 AM
    so i should try rebooting? is it bad i'm afraid to try and turn it off >_> going to wait on confirmation from Cole, not that i don't trust you, just don't want to go through all of this if i can just skip reflashing all over again.

n00blord heere.
    06-17-2012 02:36 AM
    No offense taken at all... If I'm reading the link correctly there's a boot loop fix in xionia, and since you have the flashable zip version of xionia what should happen next is flash that, select reboot recovery, and that should get you into xionia recovery and then fix boot loop, and install gapps and done..
    [edit]
    Please keep us informed of any progress either way. Also, if Cole can confirm, would this step be safe or is there another recovery with that particular option?

dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 02:41 AM
    Okay!! Awesome!!

NOW, was the OV originally shipped with 2.2.1? or 2.2.2? If it was 2.2.1, I'd recommend installing this ZIP: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-unrooted.html

Wipe /data /system /boot /cache and wipe Dalvik cache, then flash the ROM. Reboot, you will be in a stock unrooted ROM and you can go from there.

----

If it originally shipped with 2.2.2, I would flash the stock update.zip. You'll want to do this one twice. Do the wipe, flash it, reboot phone, then reboot BACK into Recovery (you'll be in stock recovery this time) and flash it again. The link is here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ext...252Fupdate.zip

The end result (hopefully) for either of these will be a stock, unrooted ROM. From there, you'll basically start from scratch as far as rooting / installing a custom ROM. I'll try to keep an eye on this, but my eyes are closing, so if not I'll be back in the morning to see how it went.
    dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 02:44 AM
    Is there any fix without going full stock?

dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 02:45 AM
    I'm not sure which the phone was shipped with. Should I do 2.2.1 to be safe? How should I go about putting .zips on the sd card if i cannot turn on usb sharing? just use my other phone to transfer like I was before?
    06-17-2012 02:49 AM
    Is there any fix without going full stock?

There is no reason not to go to full stock. I just want to see him have a fully functioning phone again and revisit installing a custom recovery and ROM later on. Taking it slow.

I'm not sure which the phone was shipped with. Should I do 2.2.1 to be safe? How should I go about putting .zips on the sd card if i cannot turn on usb sharing? just use my other phone to transfer like I was before?
    You're better off doing the 2.2.1 for now, forget the 2.2.2 update. You can use ADB to push the file to your SD card, the command would be the following: (this will probably take a few minutes, just let it sit)

adb push (name of file) /sdcard/

although I'm wondering why you can't use USB storage?
    dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 02:54 AM
    I'm also going to need to go stock regardless so that I can activate and get the phone functional again anyways.
    06-17-2012 02:56 AM
    fffuuu download link is broken.
    06-17-2012 02:59 AM
    fffuuu download link is broken.
    Can't find another link. Use Harmonia 1.8 instead, it includes the Activate app.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-12june12.html
    dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 03:04 AM
    Returning to stock isn't necessary to activate, harmonia 1 and Rhode both have activate.apk. But before you go through that, why not try replacing the xionia recovery flashable zip and reboot recovery, you can always repeat what Cole had you do if that starts the recovery loop again...

dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 03:09 AM
    Returning to stock isn't necessary to activate, harmonia 1 and Rhode both have activate.apk. But before you go through that, why not try replacing the xionia recovery flashable zip and reboot recovery, you can always repeat what Cole had you do if that starts the recovery loop again...

There is no reason to do that. He is on a perfectly fine custom recovery right now. He wants to go back to stock. Plus, he said something in the op about the meid being changed which leads me to believe he will need stock to use the dialer codes.

Just flash Harmonia and try to call / text. If that doesn't work, run Activate and try again. If that doesn't work, we will get you back to stock and Virgin can fix it.

dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 03:16 AM
    I'm currently scouring the web for the update.zip on a mirror, as virgin has removed it. If worse comes to worse I have a link with a nandroid and recovery for the original screen, and access to a dump of the new screen stock recovery and a very not stock nandroid.
    [edit]
    The one I have comes from when I helped a friend of mine root and ROM her new OV. Is there any way I could remove her apps, sms and other private data from the backup? I know I can redo the md5 once done but I wouldn't know what to eliminate other than apks...
    dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 03:22 AM
    just boots right back to recovery when trying to install the ROM through the zip :\

I did not "wipe data/factory reset and did not wipe cache partition, just under mounts / storage i did format /boot, /cache, /data/ and /system.

I too am going to go to bed with hopes of a new idea tomorrow. And I cannot do the usb thing because when it's in recovery, the only thing I see relating to USB storage is "mount usb storage" and then it tells me it cannot find the specified path.
    06-17-2012 03:24 AM
    http://www.prepaidandroid.org/index....inal_condition

This link works for old screens.. Which I believe would also do the same, just proceed with caution... If I run across the update.zip I'll link it. Goodnight, and good luck.

dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 03:28 AM
    Okay, I'm going to have you flash the stock update.zip. I won't be able to get you a link until tonight, I have to upload it from my computer.

dollarhax likes this.
    06-17-2012 10:03 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD