01-14-2013 02:16 PM
1,049 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    There is a bug everyone has overlooked or is it just me the light on the hardkeys stay on all the time no matter what

07-05-2012 12:38 AM
    There is a bug everyone has overlooked or is it just me the light on the hardkeys stay on all the time no matter what

I have noticed that the lights stay on if I have wifi on and I'm charging my phone at the same time. If I either turn wifi off or unplug the charger then the lights go off. The isssue is not very high on my todo list...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
    ssethv likes this.
    07-05-2012 07:36 AM
    anything on the TTS issue?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-05-2012 07:40 AM
    anything on the TTS issue?

My tts is not working.... it more than makes up foe it though!!

07-05-2012 08:45 AM
    Don't know what it is but ever since i flashed the 7/3 build I've noticed drastic battery life gains

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-05-2012 11:09 PM
    do i need a data wipe to go from 6/29 to 7/3?
    07-05-2012 11:45 PM
    do i need a data wipe to go from 6/29 to 7/3?
    I tried a dirty flash and it seemed pretty buggy. I just did a full wipe and flash and all is good!
    07-05-2012 11:54 PM
    Don't know if its a known issue or not but my key lights aren't on at all.

notown likes this.
    07-06-2012 12:13 AM

I'd rather have them off than on
    07-06-2012 02:04 AM

They've never turned on with this rom , no big deal saves battery, if you want them to light up go try the other ics rom, they the hard keys stay lit all the time

drm1992 likes this.
    07-06-2012 06:05 AM
    Don't know what it is but ever since i flashed the 7/3 build I've noticed drastic battery life gains

I feel like I get a bit less battery life with this.. funny..

07-06-2012 09:38 AM
    New info down at the bottom ...

Hi, BobZ!

I have an issue with playing movies and it seems to be common to ICS, not just your build, because it has happened with another one too.

Once the movie plays past 1:12/72 minutes it loses sync between sound and video. Video pauses and I just get random stills and the sound track plays on at what appears to be normal speed but it isn't coordinated with the still images other than that they are both moving forward.

I have tried going back to the beginning of the track and using the controls to scan forward. No change. Same thing if I go to the end and scan back. Sometimes I will get the video from the time I have selected but the sound track will be from just a few minutes into the film. I haven't been able to figure out a pattern yet. Just have these observations.

All of the movies I am viewing came from a single source though. They were re-sized to play on the Rumor Touch. So the problem could be in the videos themselves. Have you seen this?

Anybody else seen it? It might be just the videos I have. I'll try to get some more to check on this.

Instead of getting new videos I copied the existing ones from my 'puter over to my other phone (yes, I have 2 vs). It is running the latest MiRaGe and the videos don't go crazy after 72 minutes. They play all the way through smoothly to the end.
    07-06-2012 12:13 PM
    Has anybody had any luck with the white screen on Facebook

07-06-2012 12:39 PM
    Has anybody had any luck with the white screen on Facebook

If you don't need photo upload or notifications, then try tinfoil or just the browser. The browser based version is the same experience.
    drm1992 likes this.
    07-06-2012 12:44 PM
    Bob I flashed your rom the other day and got a split boot animation going on I've heard that others are having the same issue... is there a solution or work around just curious cause its happened with sellers - cna and torches Godzilla. Thanks in advance

07-06-2012 02:49 PM
    Bob I flashed your rom the other day and got a split boot animation going on I've heard that others are having the same issue... is there a solution or work around just curious cause its happened with sellers - cna and torches Godzilla. Thanks in advance

When it boots, lock and them unlock the screen

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    inceyet likes this.
    07-06-2012 03:46 PM
    Anyone have a fix for the white screen on the default Email app? It's driving me nuts not being able to see my Exchange emails - I get ~30-50 a day. The only fix I've found is to reboot, but sometimes that doesn't even work. I already tried enabling GPU for 2D, but that did not help. I've done two separate wipe and reinstalls w/ the 7/03 rom. Gmail app surprisingly generally works.

Anyone have any other ideas?
    07-06-2012 04:57 PM
    My lights seem to be on all the time.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums
    07-06-2012 09:59 PM
    Fun rom, definitely better than the other ICS roms available for the OV.

Fresh install, coming from mrg666's GB rom - also getting the wraparound effect while booting with a 2GB microSD, first partition fat32, second ext4 (i think... might have been three... been up all night foxing with it) as formatted by your recommended CWM recovery, sized 256MB.

Hitachi screen - late OV

Much too lazy to boot up into ADB mode to re-partition by terminal, I used MiniTool Partition Wizard (reminds me of gparted ) to

After loading the SD into a computer to try to toggle ext2/3/4 formats on the sd-ext partition (all of which led to the wrapped around screen and an eventual lockup/reboot,) I tried booting it with no sdcard. Success! No artifacts on boot, and super stable, albeit quite no fun, due to no storage, music, etc Though, I think in my case it may have to do with the quality of the sdcard, as i've lost the original sdcard that came with it and it is now sporting a no-name brand sd that was used in an old candybar phone. I'll track down a quality replacement later today after a nap to see if that changes things.

And yes, I do know how to properly cleanse the internal nand, which was performed before each flashing of the rom: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...m-etc.html#anb

Also: the md5sum on the zipfile checks out according to Es File Manager.

I'll check back when I get a decent quality SD card in there. Feel free to request any more information from me as I can't wait to see stable ICS on the OpV
    07-07-2012 08:18 AM
    first partition fat32, second ext4
    After loading the SD into a computer to try to toggle ext2/3/4 formats on the sd-ext partition
    So you partitioned it using CWM and then tried changing the filesystem after you already partitioned it ? I don't understand the whole toggling step ? Just delete all existing partitions and format, partition using recovery, flash rom - done.
    07-07-2012 03:34 PM
    So you partitioned it using CWM and then tried changing the filesystem after you already partitioned it ? I don't understand the whole toggling step ? Just delete all existing partitions and format, partition using recovery, flash rom - done.
    Someone in a previous post had detailed (post 276) how a previously formatted-as-ext4 partition was the cause of their instability.

And yes, I was a bit sleepy when I made that post; by toggling, I meant keeping the overall partition structure in place, just reformatting the sd-ext partition as ext2/3/4 respectively between consecutive installs to see which setup would make the rom not want to reboot itself randomly, and in my case none of the above options worked. I'm blaming the sdcard. I've got my hands on a decent looking PNY microSD to try the dance all over again.
    07-07-2012 04:49 PM
    Anyone have a fix for the white screen on the default Email app? It's driving me nuts not being able to see my Exchange emails - I get ~30-50 a day. The only fix I've found is to reboot, but sometimes that doesn't even work. I already tried enabling GPU for 2D, but that did not help. I've done two separate wipe and reinstalls w/ the 7/03 rom. Gmail app surprisingly generally works.
    That's so odd: I'm having the exact opposite experience. My Gmail app gets the white-screen issue. I just set up the stock Email app, and so far it's working okay. I tried Aqua Mail yesterday--and same white-out issue...

[oops. full disclosure: I'm using the Godzilla ICS--which uses BobZ's kernel. Torch has announced he's no longer developing it, tho...so I may have to make the switch to this ROM.]
    07-07-2012 05:04 PM
    That's so odd: I'm having the exact opposite experience. My Gmail app gets the white-screen issue. I just set up the stock Email app, and so far it's working okay. I tried Aqua Mail yesterday--and same white-out issue...

[oops. full disclosure: I'm using the Godzilla ICS--which uses BobZ's kernel. Torch has announced he's no longer developing it, tho...so I may have to make the switch to this ROM.]
    Just to inform you the Godzilla rom will continue as well joyos two new devs have taken over on then so please be patient as this is their first time devn

07-07-2012 05:19 PM
    Just to inform you the Godzilla rom will continue as well joyos two new devs have taken over on then so please be patient as this is their first time devn s
    That's a big "woo-hoo!" from here... Thanks fer sharin'...
    inceyet and Badboytoast like this.
    07-07-2012 05:29 PM
    Just to inform you the Godzilla rom will continue as well joyos two new devs have taken over on then so please be patient as this is their first time devn

Yes we have decided to continue it
    Inceyet continuing joyfully optimus
    I am continuing the Godzilla rom
    If you would like to test pm one of us

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/
    Badboytoast and inceyet like this.
    07-07-2012 05:54 PM
1,049 ... 1213141516 ...