01-14-2013 02:16 PM
1,049 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Hi Guys,

I seem to have a problem with my clock in the status bar, it updates only after being on for a while. Also the lockscreen clock falls behind and corrects occasionally. Any fix?
    07-08-2012 12:06 AM
    Sid u try rebooting

Sent from my LG-VM670
    07-08-2012 12:08 AM
    *did

Sent from my LG-VM670
    07-08-2012 12:09 AM
    Hi Guys,

I seem to have a problem with my clock in the status bar, it updates only after being on for a while. Also the lockscreen clock falls behind and corrects occasionally. Any fix?
    This is a known CM9 bug called clock lag. There's currently no fix.
    StevenOptimusV likes this.
    07-08-2012 12:26 AM
    @bobzhome check out thekravens commits reguarding hitachi and novatek, he reverted the changes, but maybe you can have a look at tdm's kernel in the same files/places to figure out what's causing the screen split:

https://bitbucket.org/thekraven/iscr...ase/changesets
    BobZhome and Badboytoast like this.
    07-08-2012 01:45 AM
    This is a known CM9 bug called clock lag. There's currently no fix.
    Actually there is. Download clock sync from the play store, go into settings, set the auto update to 30 sec debug and check strict intervals.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    StevenOptimusV likes this.
    07-08-2012 06:19 AM
    Clock lags annoying a little, but every time I turn my screen on I do it twice. So turn on turn off turn back on and clocks on right time. Takes 2 seconds.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-08-2012 08:21 AM
    Data wipe and then restoring apps seems to have my button lights stuck off now (which is better than stuck on). Wifi Tether for Root still doesn't work except with the earlier build I reported on before.

But this ROM has been a great daily driver. Thanks Bob.
    07-08-2012 08:53 AM
    Actually there is. Download clock sync from the play store, go into settings, set the auto update to 30 sec debug and check strict intervals.

Notice any extra battery drain when having it auto-sync so much?
    07-08-2012 11:14 AM

Um yeah I've tried that app on CAI and Quattrimus. Didn't help mine.

Like someone else said, I just turn the screen on twice, no big deal.
    zoidberg_md likes this.
    07-08-2012 11:23 AM
    That's so odd: I'm having the exact opposite experience. My Gmail app gets the white-screen issue. I just set up the stock Email app, and so far it's working okay. I tried Aqua Mail yesterday--and same white-out issue...

[oops. full disclosure: I'm using the Godzilla ICS--which uses BobZ's kernel. Torch has announced he's no longer developing it, tho...so I may have to make the switch to this ROM.]
    I also had the white screen experience in the Gmail app. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I only got the white screen at the end of the day. It had worked fine earlier. As a workaround, I force stopped the Gmail app. It worked fine again after that.
    07-08-2012 06:53 PM
    Is there a way to fix this. When I'm getting an incoming phone call my screen won't turn on, I have to unlock it then answer. Its no big deal just curious

07-08-2012 07:34 PM
    Is there a way to fix this. When I'm getting an incoming phone call my screen won't turn on, I have to unlock it then answer. Its no big deal just curious

That's weird

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/
    07-08-2012 10:00 PM
    OK, so posting this here in case it helps someone else as well as myself.

I rooted my Optimus V a while back. Didn't install a new ROM, just installed Wireless Tether and left everything else alone.
    Current info from Settings/About:
    Android Version: 2.2.2
    Baseband Version: VM670ZV5_60401001
    Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
    Build Number: ZV5.41C0E845
    Software Version: VM670ZV5

I have nothing important on the phone and I have nothing important on the SD Card. The card is the original 2GB card that came with the phone.

My goal is to install ICS via the BobzHome release here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/bobzhomeroms/vm670ics
    And to also get the a2sd stuff working as I'm always out of space on the current phone.

Just looking for what steps I should take to get from where I am, to where I want to be.

I don't know what recovery version stuff I have as I originally rooted a long time ago and frankly don't remember what I did... Also don't know about the EXT partition stuff and if/how that works with my SD card since it's small. Just don't want to brick my phone or anything.

Thanks!!
    07-10-2012 02:15 PM
    OK, so posting this here in case it helps someone else as well as myself.

I rooted my Optimus V a while back. Didn't install a new ROM, just installed Wireless Tether and left everything else alone.
    Current info from Settings/About:
    Android Version: 2.2.2
    Baseband Version: VM670ZV5_60401001
    Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
    Build Number: ZV5.41C0E845
    Software Version: VM670ZV5

I have nothing important on the phone and I have nothing important on the SD Card. The card is the original 2GB card that came with the phone.

My goal is to install ICS via the BobzHome release here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/bobzhomeroms/vm670ics
    And to also get the a2sd stuff working as I'm always out of space on the current phone.

Just looking for what steps I should take to get from where I am, to where I want to be.

I don't know what recovery version stuff I have as I originally rooted a long time ago and frankly don't remember what I did... Also don't know about the EXT partition stuff and if/how that works with my SD card since it's small. Just don't want to brick my phone or anything.

Thanks!!
    It'll work fine, I've only ever used the SD card that came with my phone, I did have problem with data 1st time I flashed but I just went back into CWM and rewiped and reflashed and works fine. This is what my data looks like, but I have 4 rom backups and 2 of the original downloaded ones on my SD card.

Proud supporter of VCFL
    07-10-2012 02:41 PM
    Hey, what app are you using in that screenshot?
    07-10-2012 02:44 PM
    So are there any step-by-step instructions for me to follow? to make sure I don't mess anything up?
    07-10-2012 02:49 PM
    SD maid, great app, a little slow when checking your apps but cleans very well, Ive found that flashing amphetamines speed this app up some. You can find it on play store

Proud supporter of VCFL
    cole2kb likes this.
    07-10-2012 02:50 PM
    So are there any step-by-step instructions for me to follow? to make sure I don't mess anything up?
    Download a custom recovery, I recommend CWM, make a back up of current rom wipe data, cache partition, and under advanced wipe dalvich cache, then flash new rom from SD card and let it complete 5 - 10 min. ICS is more complex,
    If your hesitant to go from 2.2 to 4
    0 you could always flash a gb first. Idk it may help the transition with your phone, but idk
    Proud supporter of VCFL
    07-10-2012 02:54 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...tart-here.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...wipe-zips.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...24-2012-a.html

:-)
    07-10-2012 03:08 PM
    Those too

Proud supporter of VCFL
    07-10-2012 03:11 PM
    I have yet to successfully tether with bobz 4.0.4 rc1

07-10-2012 03:54 PM
    Download a custom recovery, I recommend CWM, make a back up of current rom wipe data, cache partition, and under advanced wipe dalvich cache, then flash new rom from SD card and let it complete 5 - 10 min. ICS is more complex,
    If your hesitant to go from 2.2 to 4
    0 you could always flash a gb first. Idk it may help the transition with your phone, but idk
    Proud supporter of VCFL
    Howdy again,

OK, so if I follow these instructions:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ustom-rom.html

Do I basically start at step 4 since I'm already rooted with the stock OS? Possibly substituting the recovery you mention for the one in the post.

It's been so long since I've done this I'm really rusty...
    07-11-2012 03:18 PM
    Howdy again,

Do I basically start at step 4 since I'm already rooted with the stock OS? Possibly substituting the recovery you mention for the one in the post.

I suggest drews cannibal touch recovery and LeslieAnn's pre rom wipe

07-11-2012 03:46 PM
    Howdy again,

Yes start at step four, I also recommend drews cannibal touch recovery, its just like CWM( because its based off if it) but has the selection keys on the screen, very good recovery. Then once you flash that recovery to your phone, on drews go to option wipe all, its on the main screen of recovery. ( I do a complete wipe 2 times before flashing. Then flash your from, it will prompt you to make a back up, and make on. Then it'll flash your rom

Proud supporter of VCFL
    07-11-2012 04:06 PM
1,049 ... 1314151617 ...