01-14-2013 03:16 PM
1,049 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    You don't need an sdext. I'm running this rom without one. Wipe cache and dalvik cache in recovery

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    08-09-2012 02:26 AM
    You don't need an sdext. I'm running this rom without one. Wipe cache and dalvik cache in recovery

I did that before I flashed. I'll try it again. Thanks.
    08-09-2012 02:33 AM
    i would love it if someone would tell me what to change or modify to get rid of the sd-ext scripts, thanks
    08-09-2012 03:50 AM
    The sd-ext scripts are in 'system/ect/init.d', but you have to remove them from the rom before flashing. Our phones were built for FroYo, which had enough internal memory for it. GB was a much bigger OS, and on occasion someone would complain about running out of room. Now ICS is even bigger and leaves very little room left...making it mandatory to run an sd-ext script.
    08-09-2012 05:09 AM
    i would love it if someone would tell me what to change or modify to get rid of the sd-ext scripts, thanks
    You would hate ICS if you removed them....

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2
    08-09-2012 09:54 AM
    +1^^ For sure. Once you partition your card with an ext partition i bet you'll never install another Rom without it. It's truly magical and quite honestly with out it I'm pretty sure dev on this Rom would have never made it past GB

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 10:05 AM
    my problem is that i still get errors when i use the built-in scripts (no amount of cache wiping helps). i've been using link2sd without problems on cold as ice but when i look in the init.d folder of that rom it appears there are ext scripts in there too and i thought there is supposed to be havoc if i use link2sd when there is already some sd scripts there... anyway i tried removing files from that folder for this rom and flashing but nothing flashes (like in recovery it just go back to the main screen with no errors and nothing flashed) so i'm not sure what exactly im supposed to remove or if i'm not rezipping the right way or what... (i would remove all of the files in that folder or..?)
    08-09-2012 12:04 PM
    The sd-ext scripts are in 'system/ect/init.d', but you have to remove them from the rom before flashing. Our phones were built for FroYo, which had enough internal memory for it. GB was a much bigger OS, and on occasion someone would complain about running out of room. Now ICS is even bigger and leaves very little room left...making it mandatory to run an sd-ext script.
    So I can't remove the scripts and use Link2SD for manual control, without issue? I wouldn't care about this if "Waze" worked, but it doesn't function properly, (funny how it works while linked via Link2SD) I don't even know if its this particular ROM, or ICS, or the sd-ext scripts, but its truly frustrating as I do prefer using the scripts to Link2SD, not to mention the superior version of Android.

As a side note, what happens when the sd-ext runs out of memory? Does it sense that and switch to using internal memory? I had this happen with Link2SD while auto-linking new apps, it wrote over other app data.
    08-09-2012 09:31 PM
    Perhaps slightly OT, but is there a way to reset the default exposure settings in the stock camera? I've found that I have to manually "+3" before most shots...
    08-09-2012 09:34 PM
    I have no option to uninstall voice search. What am I missing here?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-09-2012 10:03 PM
    It's a system app. You have to do it manually with root. You could use adb or a terminal emulator.

08-09-2012 10:52 PM
    I have no option to uninstall voice search. What am I missing here?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Root browser. Free in the market. Open it and go to /system/app/voice search and delete. Reboot the phone then go to market and get voice search. I've been having to redo it after ROM updates as well. Good luck.
    08-10-2012 01:46 AM
    USB storage isn't working on my windows home prem 64bit the screen comes up and I click the enable button but thats all that happens. Bug possibly?
    08-10-2012 05:05 AM
    USB storage isn't working on my windows home prem 64bit the screen comes up and I click the enable button but thats all that happens. Bug possibly?
    Known bug.
    08-10-2012 06:28 AM
    was just saying cause it said fixed in RC2 anyway it won't let me add widgets either. Other then that its been ok so far.
    08-10-2012 09:11 AM
    ok just one or two don't work not bad
    08-10-2012 09:18 AM
    Root browser. Free in the market. Open it and go to /system/app/voice search and delete. Reboot the phone then go to market and get voice search. I've been having to redo it after ROM updates as well. Good luck.
    You could go about it that way but if you were taking an app off of your pc you wouldn't delete it you would uninstall it. I think it removes more left over things on your phone. Root browser will work though but you may consider a wipe cache and dalvik cache when your done to rebuild them with out any thing from apps you don't have. I'm not saying any one is wrong just throwing out suggestions

08-10-2012 10:50 AM
    No reply to my last post? :-(

"So I can't remove the scripts and use Link2SD for manual control, without issue? I wouldn't care about this if "Waze" worked, but it doesn't function properly, (funny how it works while linked via Link2SD) I don't even know if its this particular ROM, or ICS, or the sd-ext scripts, but its truly frustrating as I do prefer using the scripts to Link2SD, not to mention the superior version of Android.

As a side note, what happens when the sd-ext runs out of memory? Does it sense that and switch to using internal memory? I had this happen with Link2SD while auto-linking new apps, it wrote over other app data. "
    08-10-2012 11:05 PM
    15.5 hours on battery and I have 9% left. Spent 8 hrs on wifi in airplane mode 7.5 using service and 3G. I used the phone a lot when on 3G and not much on wifi. I'm happy with this battery life.
    sellers86 likes this.
    08-10-2012 11:06 PM
    You could go about it that way but if you were taking an app off of your pc you wouldn't delete it you would uninstall it. I think it removes more left over things on your phone. Root browser will work though but you may consider a wipe cache and dalvik cache when your done to rebuild them with out any thing from apps you don't have. I'm not saying any one is wrong just throwing out suggestions

Yeah I see uninstall now. I was using long press which gives you delete but not uninstall. I'll try it after the next build. As far as cache wipe I've never had to.
    08-11-2012 10:25 PM
    This is my daily use rom its so amazing and smooth I'm just wondering what it is exactly that can be updated its nearly perfect to me.

08-11-2012 11:01 PM
    Just thought you guys should know, CyanogenMod is starting to officially release stable builds of CM9 for many devices, might wanna check out their github or something to see what's new.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    sellers86 likes this.
    08-12-2012 12:07 AM
    Is there gonna be an ics cold sandwich Rom for the esteem?
    08-12-2012 04:45 AM
    hows the battery life compared to the quattrimus beta2?
    sellers86 likes this.
    08-12-2012 02:06 PM
    hows the battery life compared to the quattrimus beta2?
    I don't notice much of a difference.

08-12-2012 02:37 PM
1,049 ... 2122232425 ...