[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0.0-BobZ

Forget what you heard lol. It's pretty smooth even one minute after the very first boot for me. The first boot after flash can take a couple more minutes then say the initial boot of a GB rom but I didn't even notice really

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Noticed that! Maybe you can also help me a little!

1. How's the OCs? On Mirage, I ran pretty smooth at 768/480 and could go up to 13 hours (although at work, Sprint's got a pretty bad signal, draining my battery and putting me on wifi). 768/480 still the golden rule for ICS roms?

2. How do I know when an app I download/restore goes to my SD-EXT? And can I tell it not to, like apps with widgets (I use Spotify, Beautiful Widgets, MLB At Bat 12, Extended Controls, Go Power Master and Tune-In Radio widgets)? I have my SD-ext recently reformatted to ext-3...

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Please correct me if im wrong but from what ived noticed When you install an app some of it is installed on internal memory and a good chunk of it is installed on the SD ext partition. This is all automatically done. Check by installing a ten MB apk. It might only show that you lost one MB of internal storage even if you didn't move to SD.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell there is no way to check what part of the app went where without getting too nerdy. As far as overclocking goes I've had no success for going over 600 on ics without reboots and I flashed amphetamines and egl patch. But at 600 Max 480 min I've never had a random reboot.

Oh p.s. on Bob's gb or mirage I can OC to 864 no issues at all with this same handset

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! If I ever have to go back to Mirage GB...I would have to reformat the ext back to FAT 32 before flashing the backed up ROM?

I regularly nand back and forth between cm7 Bob or mirage and ics Bob with no repartitioning of any kind

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I regularly nand back and forth between cm7 Bob or mirage and ics Bob with no repartitioning of any kind

Yeah, guess I'm one of the lucky ones. 768/480 with no reboots, no momentary freezes. I even rebooted twice. A-Ok.

And so far running pretty buttery smooth. So for the moment, I'm not going back to GB...

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm running 320/806 Smartass2 and it runs flawless. No revolts because of the kernel, I'm impressed. Might just take me off GB for once.

On the side note, WHY IS THE ICS CAMERA SO GUD!? I noticed the pictures come out so much better than CM7.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Rudeco

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know where the dsp went or did I do something to make it go away because I flashed bass beats b4 I actually checked out the rom but it kept fc so I reinstalled aokp but now no equalizer what so ever

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm running 320/806 Smartass2 and it runs flawless. No revolts because of the kernel, I'm impressed. Might just take me off GB for once.

On the side note, WHY IS THE ICS CAMERA SO GUD!? I noticed the pictures come out so much better than CM7.

I thought the same thing.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought the same thing.

It makes me upset xD

GB runs smooth, while ICS has little bugs. But the camera is amazing. I'm in Florida at Disney and I've been taking photos a lot, and its quality is better than my dad's 5MP camera.

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that my music player fails when I plug in a car charger. I think that the G1 believes that it's a USB cable and since the G1 can only either act as a drive or access the card itself (not both at the same time), I can't listen to music.

Anybody else ever run into this?

I'm taking my butt to Disney asap! I have been there 40 some times and never a bad moment.... not one! Kk. Sorry for getting off topic lol.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Started a thread on this yesterday lol. But its just under optimus v not roms & hacks. Sellers replied and said google completely redid the camera for ics and it could probably never be that sweet on gb. Thats alright though because once tethering works on ics I'll probably never nand back to gb ever again.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

ok. now my phone freezes up a lot and then reboots (it even froze and reoooted while I was clearing my speed dial list on TouchPal Contacts/Dialer!). I scaled my CPU back down to 600. How do I try to avoid these freezes and subsequent reboots?

Otherwise I may have to reflash my backed up Mirage via recovery and wait for perhaps stable Jelly Bean?

xaphoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Ok, this is clearly the best ROM I've ever run. But -- and I don't know if this is related to the ROM -- my computer now no longer recognizes the 32GB sdcard I have in my Optimus V. I'm running Windows 7. When I plug the phone (VM670) into the USB port, I get an "Installing driver" popup, which stalls and doesn't ever finish. In no case can I ever browse my SDcard's files. I know the SDcard is working fine, because I can use its files from the phone. But the PC perceives nothing. This is a new problem, which began around the time I installed Bobz ROM.

Is this a problem with the ROM or with my computer? If it's the latter (which I think it is), then how do I fix it?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Ok, this is clearly the best ROM I've ever run. But -- and I don't know if this is related to the ROM -- my computer now no longer recognizes the 32GB sdcard I have in my Optimus V. I'm running Windows 7. When I plug the phone (VM670) into the USB port, I get an "Installing driver" popup, which stalls and doesn't ever finish. In no case can I ever browse my SDcard's files. I know the SDcard is working fine, because I can use its files from the phone. But the PC perceives nothing. This is a new problem, which began around the time I installed Bobz ROM.

Is this a problem with the ROM or with my computer? If it's the latter (which I think it is), then how do I fix it?

You need the updated LG Mobile drivers: xda-developers - View Single Post - [DICUSSION][UNOFFICIAL][CM9][WEEKLIES]Android ICS 4.0.4

Instructions seem to be for the int'l version of the Optimus One...for the V, seems like if you disable debugging, the drivers will click and you have mass storage back.

But if you have an app like Titanium Backup, you're gonna have to turn it back on when you are done though.

Reactions: xaphoo

xaphoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Thanks atrain, sounds like this must be the problem. But can you point to me where in the thread the new drivers can be found? It's a huge thread and I've scoured part of it but I must have missed the links to the drivers...

EDIT: Never mind, you're right, that post was all I needed. I deleted those two files and it works... Thanks again.

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks atrain, sounds like this must be the problem. But can you point to me where in the thread the new drivers can be found? It's a huge thread and I've scoured part of it but I must have missed the links to the drivers...

EDIT: Never mind, you're right, that post was all I needed. I deleted those two files and it works... Thanks again.

Also, try this app, I have not connected to my PC in ages
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.funkyfresh.samba&hl=en&token=hw_VGCO4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781