01-14-2013 02:16 PM
1,049 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    Did you format everything before you flashed? No problems charging for me.
    I did, I think it is specific to my phone...it has a lot of problems. I flashed this on a different Optimus V and charging worked just fine, although I was getting a lot of random reboots. Moved back to Mirage for now, although I'll definitely be trying Bobz's CM10 and CM9.1 whenever there are updates!
    10-02-2012 12:28 PM
    I see in the OP it says only USB tethering do sent work. Does that mean wifi tethering works? :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    10-02-2012 12:46 PM
    After 48 hours...all systems go! Flashed EGL and Amphetamines as well and NO REBOOTS (except ones I do myself)...also OC'ed fine to 787/480 on SmartassV2.

Battery life is noticeably better (except in the specific area where my work is...something is wack with that tower...3G signal is tuned way too high and can't get more than 2 bars...)...way better. Running the same setup I had with mirage and conceding it is ICS...I can get to 10 hours and still be over 50% battery...not bad at all with 4 gmail accts, 2 Twitter accts, a Facebook acct, LinkedIn acct syncing...doing a little SiriusXM action, some Spotify and the usual texting, browsing...

Excellent work BobZ...cannot wait to see a stabilized CM10 though!
    BobZhome likes this.
    10-02-2012 01:43 PM
    The apps are probably still in /data. If they are, move them to ext using a root explorer of some sort

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    Well, I was able to get ES File Explorer installed, and you were right: apps are still in /data/app. However, they are also in /sd-ext/app. Every app in /data has a duplicate in /sd-ext. So, I tried deleting one from /data, and upon reboot, it was gone from both places. Any ideas there?
    10-02-2012 03:06 PM
    I got everything installed.... the A2SD++++ script seemed to be moving apps right. However, after my fifth reboot (on purpose) I get a "Android is Upgrading" message and then it indicated that it was optimizing my apps. After which, the app icons were all there, but when I tried to run them the system would state "App is not installed".

Any thoughts?
    10-02-2012 03:50 PM
    Well, I was able to get ES File Explorer installed, and you were right: apps are still in /data/app. However, they are also in /sd-ext/app. Every app in /data has a duplicate in /sd-ext. So, I tried deleting one from /data, and upon reboot, it was gone from both places. Any ideas there?
    Apps show up in data/app in a way that it is cloned from sd-ext due to mounting, so deleting from one place affects the other, but storage is not really being used in data/app.

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk
    BobZhome likes this.
    10-02-2012 04:12 PM
    Apps show up in data/app in a way that it is cloned from sd-ext due to mounting, so deleting from one place affects the other, but storage is not really being used in data/app.

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk
    Hm, but I'm still not able to install more apps.
    10-02-2012 04:31 PM
    I got everything installed.... the A2SD++++ script seemed to be moving apps right. However, after my fifth reboot (on purpose) I get a "Android is Upgrading" message and then it indicated that it was optimizing my apps. After which, the app icons were all there, but when I tried to run them the system would state "App is not installed".

Any thoughts?
    What SD card are you using? I'm starting to think the class 2 SDs that come with these phones can't handle these SD ext scripts as well as we hoped. I haven't had any issues like this but I'm running an 8 gig class 4. I might throw in an old 2 gig to test but I have 4 and I don't remember which one came with the phone lol. Just a thought.

10-02-2012 04:52 PM
    A 16 gig class 4.
    10-02-2012 05:00 PM
    A 16 gig class 4.
    That rules that out lol. Is your partition ext 3 or ext 4?

10-02-2012 05:12 PM
    i want to know if wifi tethering works or not XD because i dont see it in the op so im wondering if i had a bad flash or a bad dl XD (sorry for bugging)
    10-02-2012 05:29 PM
    That rules that out lol. Is your partition ext 3 or ext 4?
    ext3.

I tried it twice, ending up with the same results. Even the google apps would no longer be installed.
    10-02-2012 05:31 PM
    I am not sure if someone else has asked this question, but I am currently using the 8-16 build of this ROM. I was wondering what the best method would be to update to the most recent release (9-30). My main reason for asking is because I realize there are new a2sd scripts in place and I am not sure how that will effect my sd-ext partition when flashing the new update.
    Once again, I am sorry if this has already been discussed and I am just missing something.
    Any help is always appreciated, thanks in advance.
    ~sno
    10-02-2012 05:45 PM
    I see in the OP it says only USB tethering do sent work. Does that mean wifi tethering works? :rolleyes:

Not natively, but with the apps from play store...I personal like/use wifi tether for root users
    10-02-2012 06:09 PM
    i can confirm that the app bob links to works, i just used it to post this
    10-02-2012 06:36 PM
    ext3.

I tried it twice, ending up with the same results. Even the google apps would no longer be installed.
    How did you format the sd card? This might be a pain but you could try backing it up and then formatting with BobZ cwm. You could try with whatever recovery you use, but that worked for me. I also chose the largest ext3 and swap partitions available. I'm not sure that matters, but I had the room, so why not?

10-02-2012 08:12 PM
    Does this rom use swap?
    A-android-B likes this.
    10-02-2012 08:55 PM
    Does this rom use swap?
    From everything thing I've read, swap is just going to slow you down, and should be kept at 0MB.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    10-02-2012 09:32 PM
    From everything thing I've read, swap is just going to slow you down, and should be kept at 0MB.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    That's what I figured with our SDcards not being fast enough for that purpose.
    10-02-2012 10:15 PM
    i hope it is not terribly too off topic but...say a friend has the Optimus S and wants to see what the ICS craze is all about (i'm serious, that is what my friend says!), could this be flashed on the S with no complications? Or would said friend have to wait till a new build for 10 is out?
    10-02-2012 10:21 PM
    i hope it is not terribly too off topic but...say a friend has the Optimus S and wants to see what the ICS craze is all about (i'm serious, that is what my friend says!), could this be flashed on the S with no complications? Or would said friend have to wait till a new build for 10 is out?
    You can flash this, home and menu keys will be switched, and MMS won't work. Or you could flash cold as ice, which has about everything working

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    10-02-2012 11:07 PM
    How did you format the sd card? This might be a pain but you could try backing it up and then formatting with BobZ cwm. You could try with whatever recovery you use, but that worked for me. I also chose the largest ext3 and swap partitions available. I'm not sure that matters, but I had the room, so why not?
    I changed my ext3 partition to ext2, did a complete wipe and reinstall. Installed a few apps, and rebooted a few times, trying to duplicate the problem. And it happened again. "Android is upgrading..." my app icons are there, but they won't work (system says they are not installed).

SO.... I decide to try rebooting.... and the apps started working! WooHoo!!

I reboot again. "Optimizing". Apps stop working again....

Reboot again, apps work. (Seeing the pattern?)

Not sure what is messing things up, but at least I got it to stabilize bit.

Edit: Nevermind... they won't come back now. Tried going to recovery to wipe Cache/Dal-Cache... "Optimizing Apps" came up, apps to do not work after several reboots.

This is too much trouble, guess it's back to IHO.
    10-03-2012 01:34 PM
    I changed my ext3 partition to ext2, did a complete wipe and reinstall. Installed a few apps, and rebooted a few times, trying to duplicate the problem. And it happened again. "Android is upgrading..." my app icons are there, but they won't work (system says they are not installed).

SO.... I decide to try rebooting.... and the apps started working! WooHoo!!

I reboot again. "Optimizing". Apps stop working again....

Reboot again, apps work. (Seeing the pattern?)

Not sure what is messing things up, but at least I got it to stabilize bit.

Edit: Nevermind... they won't come back now. Tried going to recovery to wipe Cache/Dal-Cache... "Optimizing Apps" came up, apps to do not work after several reboots.

This is too much trouble, guess it's back to IHO.
    It sounds like to me that you have an old script sitting in your SD-EXT.
    Try wiping everything(including SD-EXT) except SD-Card and then only flash the ROM and Gapps.
    10-03-2012 05:30 PM
    It sounds like to me that you have an old script sitting in your SD-EXT.
    Try wiping everything(including SD-EXT) except SD-Card and then only flash the ROM and Gapps.
    This is what I had to do. Everything worked well after that.
    glarepate likes this.
    10-03-2012 05:52 PM
    I am not sure if someone else has asked this question, but I am currently using the 8-16 build of this ROM. I was wondering what the best method would be to update to the most recent release (9-30). My main reason for asking is because I realize there are new a2sd scripts in place and I am not sure how that will effect my sd-ext partition when flashing the new update.
    Once again, I am sorry if this has already been discussed and I am just missing something.
    Any help is always appreciated, thanks in advance.
    ~sno
    Just bumping this to see if anyone can help me. Thanks.
    10-03-2012 06:49 PM
1,049 ... 3536373839 ...