01-14-2013 03:16 PM
1,049 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    I hadn't had any reboots on the previous builds after I upped the min clock speed to 480. Were you guys overclocking? This Rom has been rock solid for me through the last few builds.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
    I always bumped up to 480. I'm still getting reboots on this rom. It's very annoying because the phone is being very stable and just does it randomly....I need to get a logcat.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Encerspay45 likes this.
    10-11-2012 06:55 AM
    Can anyone help me with the insufficient space errors? My sister wants to install apps and she absolutely can not because of the error. I have tried every solution inder the sun and can't get rid of it. Clearing cache/dalvik, deleting 01mdalvik (It wasn't even present), clearing market data/cache/uninstalling updates. There is 143mb of space left according to storage, I made an SD partition (25gmb, 0 swap) when installing the ROM a couple of weeks ago. The market gives the errors, titanium backup gives the errors, sideloading .apk's gives me the errors. I don't know what else to do here.

Sincere thanks to any help whatsoever.
    10-13-2012 11:09 AM
    Did you wipe the SD-EXT manually? I use a wiper zip to clean up for a new rom but they never cleaned up the SD-EXT. So it filled up.
    kcls likes this.
    10-13-2012 11:38 AM
    Did you wipe the SD-EXT manually? I use a wiper zip to clean up for a new rom but they never cleaned up the SD-EXT. So it filled up.
    The sd-ext was brand new, there wasn't one before I flashed, I created it right before I flashed.

Tapatalk from my Optimus V
    10-13-2012 12:19 PM
    I sometimes get this error too. usually I reboot and try again and it works. no idea why.

10-13-2012 12:42 PM
    Can anyone help me with the insufficient space errors? My sister wants to install apps and she absolutely can not because of the error. I have tried every solution inder the sun and can't get rid of it. Clearing cache/dalvik, deleting 01mdalvik (It wasn't even present), clearing market data/cache/uninstalling updates. There is 143mb of space left according to storage, I made an SD partition (25gmb, 0 swap) when installing the ROM a couple of weeks ago. The market gives the errors, titanium backup gives the errors, sideloading .apk's gives me the errors. I don't know what else to do here.

Sincere thanks to any help whatsoever.
    How big is your partition? I'm assuming you meant 256mb. Do you have any room to try a bigger one? I know it says you have 143 left, but I think the numbers in the storage settings get a little wonky. For example, mine says that I have a total of 179 mb, with 226 used and 136 free. In reality, I have a lot more space than that cuz I have a 4 gb partition. I wouldn't necessarily believe any of those numbers.

Also, are you using the latest release with the new a2sd script?

kcls likes this.
    10-13-2012 12:46 PM
    How big is your partition? I'm assuming you meant 256mb. Do you have any room to try a bigger one? I know it says you have 143 left, but I think the numbers in the storage settings get a little wonky. For example, mine says that I have a total of 179 mb, with 226 used and 136 free. In reality, I have a lot more space than that cuz I have a 4 gb partition. I wouldn't necessarily believe any of those numbers.

Also, are you using the latest release with the new a2sd script?

She has the stock 2gb SD Card that came with the phone, and takes a lot of pictures, so I really don't have that much extra space to make a bigger partition. She has very few apps though (10-20 at most) so I'm pretty sure it really isn't full. I have a 500 something megabyte partition and 90 apps installed and its only just starting to give me the error.

And yes, she is using the latest version.

10-13-2012 02:24 PM
    She has the stock 2gb SD Card that came with the phone, and takes a lot of pictures, so I really don't have that much extra space to make a bigger partition. She has very few apps though (10-20 at most) so I'm pretty sure it really isn't full. I have a 500 something megabyte partition and 90 apps installed and its only just starting to give me the error.

And yes, she is using the latest version.

Clear data and cache in the Google frameworks package

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    kcls likes this.
    10-13-2012 02:28 PM
    Clear data and cache in the Google frameworks package

Is it really that easy? I'll try it when she gets back from the mall.

Edit: would that be the "Google Services Framework"? Mine only has data to clear, no cache.

Edit2: Never mind, I cleared it, and it works now! What a simple solution! Thanks so much sellers!

sellers86 likes this.
    10-13-2012 02:45 PM
    Is it really that easy? I'll try it when she gets back from the mall.

Edit: would that be the "Google Services Framework"? Mine only has data to clear, no cache.

Edit2: Never mind, I cleared it, and it works now! What a simple solution! Thanks so much sellers!

No problem

10-13-2012 07:23 PM
    One last thing: USB storage doesn't seem to be working. The computer recognizes it is being plugged in, the phone recognizes USB Storage is turning on, but the storage never shows up on the computer. It works with my phone on quattrimus so I know it's not a driver issue. A guy on XDA was reporting the exact same thing happening on the latest two builds. Any insight on this? Sorry for all the questions, I haven't used Bob's ROM before now :P
    10-13-2012 09:24 PM
    One last thing: USB storage doesn't seem to be working. The computer recognizes it is being plugged in, the phone recognizes USB Storage is turning on, but the storage never shows up on the computer. It works with my phone on quattrimus so I know it's not a driver issue. A guy on XDA was reporting the exact same thing happening on the latest two builds. Any insight on this? Sorry for all the questions, I haven't used Bob's ROM before now :P
    You have to turn off adb debugging for USB storage to work.
    kcls likes this.
    10-13-2012 09:31 PM
    You have to turn off adb debugging for USB storage to work.
    It is off :/

Edit: Nevermind, fiddled with it a couple of times and all is well now! My sister can now get the pictures of our cats off of her phone, and she is a happy camper :P

Thanks for all the help today everyone!
    sellers86 and flapjack.fiasco like this.
    10-13-2012 09:37 PM
    Can someone help me find out how to set a passcode on my lock screen? I can't find it in settings for the life of me. I've never had this problem before.
    10-14-2012 10:02 PM
    Can someone help me find out how to set a passcode on my lock screen? I can't find it in settings for the life of me. I've never had this problem before.
    Settings>>lock screen>>screen security>>screen lock
    Encerspay45 and Deal Trees like this.
    10-14-2012 10:12 PM
    Settings>>lock screen>>screen security>>screen lock
    Wow, I feel like a goof now. Thanks!
    10-14-2012 10:51 PM
    Haha u must b smokn those trees instead of dealn em!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    dlinderaz, kcls and snobro like this.
    10-15-2012 03:24 AM
    Seems like if my screen is off for a while, I don't get Google Voice or Gmail notifications. I've only noticed this using wifi.

Am I missing a setting? Or missing a forum post where this was identified?
    10-15-2012 09:14 AM
    Haha u must b smokn those trees instead of dealn em!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    both of the above would be true. :rolleyes:

dlinderaz likes this.
    10-15-2012 09:33 AM
    well I have one more question this time. I try to uninstall voice search using link2sd and since it is a system app I run into problems with apps crashing after I remove it and some times an infinite boot loop after I restart my phone. how can I safely remove this app? do I need to convert to user app then delete?

10-15-2012 11:25 AM
    double post. whoops. :o
    10-15-2012 11:28 AM
    I just delete the apk from the gapps.zip before I install it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    10-15-2012 11:29 AM
    Seems like if my screen is off for a while, I don't get Google Voice or Gmail notifications. I've only noticed this using wifi.

Am I missing a setting? Or missing a forum post where this was identified?
    Try settings, wireless and networks, wi-fi settings, then click the setting button once again. You'll find the advanced settings. That's where the sleep policy options are. Hope that helps.

joelz likes this.
    10-15-2012 11:36 AM
    I just delete the apk from the gapps.zip before I install it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    well I didn't do that... so what else is my option?

10-15-2012 11:53 AM
    well I didn't do that... so what else is my option?

Download ES File Explorer, give it root access and mount system rw and just go to system/app and delete it.

Or, just open terminal and type
    Code:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /system /system
    rm /system/app/voicesearch.apk (if that's the name I'm not sure)
    10-15-2012 12:45 PM
1,049 ... 3738394041 ...