01-14-2013 02:16 PM
1,049 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I installed this ROM and it booted fine, but after about three force closes on the Market (er, play store) before I had downloaded one app, I gave up and restored my BackSide ROM. I got to say it looks nice, but I got almost nowhere with this ROM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just hoping I can help make it better. I'd be happy to reflash and gather more info if it would help.
    06-19-2012 09:24 AM
    I installed this ROM and it booted fine, but after about three force closes on the Market (er, play store) before I had downloaded one app, I gave up and restored my BackSide ROM. I got to say it looks nice, but I got almost nowhere with this ROM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just hoping I can help make it better. I'd be happy to reflash and gather more info if it would help.
    This ROM doesn't have a built in wiper (from what i saw), did you make sure to Factory Reset from Recovery (only from recovery screen, not from settings!!!!!!) and Dalvik cache and everything? Also did you overclock it?
    06-19-2012 09:50 AM
    I installed this rom for like the 3rd time now, wiped everything, always a fresh install but I keep getting reboots all the time! what is the recommended governor for this rom?

Thank you!
    06-19-2012 11:19 AM
    Just keep it as it came don't mess with it its a optimus v 600mhz and with ics just be grateful and don't over clock besides it wastes your battery faster

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    06-19-2012 11:24 AM
    Just keep it as it came don't mess with it its a optimus v 600mhz and with ics just be grateful and don't over clock besides it wastes your battery faster

I am excited about ICS for the OV, but there it's no much use if it reboots every minute, i haven't changed anything, by default it comes at 600mhz and InteractiveX as governor, but I get reboots either way. I don't know if my OV is messed up or what, GB does run great tho...

I appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!
    06-19-2012 12:12 PM
    I want to try this rom.. coming from iho backside and using link2sd.. do i need link2sd for this rom? thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-19-2012 12:23 PM
    I encourage trying this rom out it's awesome! been running a couple of days and no force closes or anything besides I can't overclock but it's still an amazing rom
    sellers86 likes this.
    06-19-2012 12:40 PM
    I know this has been asked before most likely and recently, but what causes 3G to disconnect on wifi and sometimes when device is locked?

Dont know about when the device is locked maybe a user setting. but 3G disconnects when wifi turns on because it substitutes your network .3G on most ROMS connects while on wifi shortly while sending or recieving a MMS.
    06-19-2012 01:28 PM
    I am excited about ICS for the OV, but there it's no much use if it reboots every minute, i haven't changed anything, by default it comes at 600mhz and InteractiveX as governor, but I get reboots either way. I don't know if my OV is messed up or what, GB does run great tho...

Thanks!
    Post logcat
    give him time to fix the bugs before having a final opinion
    06-19-2012 01:31 PM
    does the logcat comes with the rom or I have to install it?
    06-19-2012 01:37 PM
    I want to try this rom.. coming from iho backside and using link2sd.. do i need link2sd for this rom? thanks

no,not needed. just perform proper backup of current rom,wipe cache,data,dalvik,format boot,system,data,cache and install rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    BobZhome likes this.
    06-19-2012 01:48 PM
    does the logcat comes with the rom or I have to install it?
    logcat is run from a command prompt, you have to have the android sdk tools installed to run it.
    06-19-2012 02:20 PM

Thanks!
    Did you do a full wipe install????

06-19-2012 03:09 PM
    @ Bobzhome day 2 using this from great speed great performance everything is going great the only problem is memory and I'm pretty sure your aware of it not sure y camcorder is not working in your build but I'm sure you'll figure it out

Sent from my LS670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    BobZhome and Badboytoast like this.
    06-19-2012 03:14 PM
    installed and everything looks great. speaker phone is VERY LOW. any fix for that? also is there a way to get music controls on lock screen without an application?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-19-2012 05:50 PM
    Did you do a full wipe install????

Yes...., and same here, the speaker phone is very low
    06-19-2012 06:52 PM
    installed and everything looks great. speaker phone is VERY LOW. any fix for that? also is there a way to get music controls on lock screen without an application?

You mean like this?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-19-2012 06:54 PM
    Click to view quoted image

You mean like this?

yes.. where is that option?

06-19-2012 07:25 PM
    yes.. where is that option?

To tell u the truth I don't think there is a option it just happens when u play the music

06-19-2012 07:26 PM
    I Lovee This ROM Ive tried another ones.. and this ones runs perfectly fine but there is a problem with the audio on headphones... they sound MONO instead of STEREO idont know if you guys are experiencing that but its happening to me and the mic Too and theres alot of other mistakes but bob really rockss the ROMS so hell put it to Work
    06-19-2012 07:32 PM
    yes I see that now. works with Google music but not pandora.. not the worst.. thanks again

06-19-2012 07:36 PM
    Yes...., and same here, the speaker phone is very low
    Speaker phone has been a known issue since cm9 started just deal with it or go back to cm7 till this rom is fully functional it was released to be tested every rom for the v has barley hit beta bobzhome will try to fix it just give him time as for your phone try reinstalling the rom use Leslie's wipe zip and that should make it work
    06-19-2012 07:57 PM
    I Lovee This ROM Ive tried another ones.. and this ones runs perfectly fine but there is a problem with the audio on headphones... they sound MONO instead of STEREO idont know if you guys are experiencing that but its happening to me and the mic Too and theres alot of other mistakes but bob really rockss the ROMS so hell put it to Work
    I got the headphone problem too. I have faith in bob he will come through

06-19-2012 07:58 PM
    the one bug that was never figured out in the gb rooms was that if you listen to music though a cassette adapter and a call comes in the caller can not hear you unless you use speaker. in the froyo rooms you could just talk and listen through the speakers...any chance this could be figured out in ics?

either way I am enjoying this rom...thanks so much for all the work on it!
    upconvert likes this.
    06-19-2012 08:04 PM
    I'm not sure if this is what some people have meant by speaker, but when I'm talking on the phone I can barely hear... just saying, otherwise this is an amazing rom!!
    drm1992 likes this.
    06-19-2012 09:36 PM
1,049 ... 45678 ...