01-14-2013 02:16 PM
1,049 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Gonna try this right now and see how it goes.

*Edit: Pahaha. Worked first shot. Jeez, I suck lol.
    Nah, you don't, you went and researched your problem first, and needed a little assistance. You did exactly what everyone should do. It's all good.
    06-24-2012 02:33 AM
    Hey bob just wanted to take some time and thank u for making this wonderful rom. My camera and video recorder work perfectly and everything seems to be running smoothly. Camera illusion app works just like video illusion and my paranormal viewer works awesomely.
    BobZhome likes this.
    06-24-2012 07:32 AM
    Custom gapps not working right had to flash thekravens
    06-24-2012 08:24 AM
    Custom gapps work on mine have u tried reflashing them or clearing data then reopening it. Could be many things could of been a bad download when u downloaded the gapp file, never know.
    06-24-2012 08:53 AM
    Custom gapps work on mine have u tried reflashing them or clearing data then reopening it. Could be many things could of been a bad download when u downloaded the gapp file, never know.
    Tried these gapps 4 times, they make everything slow down for some reason and playstore doesnt act right. The kravens gapps are bigger in size but work everytime no prob.
    06-24-2012 09:11 AM
    fyi-you can open whatever gapps you have with gedit and remove all the foo-foo stuff you dont want to become system/app to slim it down... i remove all apps that arent required for installation... then dl whatever from pstore and move to sd to keep internal to a minimum and optimize ram... :-)
    rebel69ization likes this.
    06-24-2012 09:57 AM
    I just installed the 6/22 build and noticed that Google maps is not playing nice and homescreen rotation isn't working. Let me know if you need any logs pulled. So far so great Bob

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Rotation needs to be enabled. And maps just takes a while to set.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    A-android-B and BobZhome like this.
    06-24-2012 11:57 AM
    BobZ, I was very happy to see this released, as I was a big fan of your IHO blend. The ICS is working fantastic for my use so far, and I must say that I'm very glad you ditched Launcher Pro

Thanks so much!
    irish-68 and drm1992 like this.
    06-24-2012 09:15 PM
    OK so maps does act up. I know on my previous post I mentioned it takes a while to set well I tried to use it today and it never set luckily I had my lady with me and I got to use her OV. Maybe u can try taking a look at GPS/maps whatever seems to be the issue bobz. Much props for ur from btw.

BobZhome likes this.
    06-24-2012 11:28 PM
    BobZ, I was very happy to see this released, as I was a big fan of your IHO blend. The ICS is working fantastic for my use so far, and I must say that I'm very glad you ditched Launcher Pro

Thanks so much!
    Is launcher pro that bad? Since I had homescreen backup and downloaded it and restored. What Laucher do you use? I need the 3 screen dock bar!!

THanks
    06-25-2012 08:52 AM
    So far I tried Quattramus, but for some reason it was not cooperating with my phone. I then opted for this one, since I was quite pleased with Bob's IHO work. The man builds great ROMs! I gotta say, this is much more agreeable with my phone, and so far running quite smooth, better than Quattramus, IMO. Not knocking it, just my observation.

When I initially installed this one, it did a great job of installing apps from Titanium. A2SD support very good. Be prepared to reboot a lot right after installation, as it seems to respond better to changes this way.

Some apps lag a bit more (like Facebook), and I'm unable to get into the deep data storage (to replace my SMS files). Also rebooted a lot when I overclocked too much (480-768 seems to work well for me now).

All in all, a pretty good pre-beta ROM. Excellent work, Bob!
    BobZhome likes this.
    06-25-2012 09:49 AM
    An update:

- Prior to flashing, I added and subtracted from the ROM and Gapps zip folders. I downloaded the full Gapps, then noticed that the extra files were the facial recognition ones. Guess I don't need that for this phone! Out they go! Removed the Apollo Player, and later downloaded the Android Music Player from Play Store (I also have Player Pro, but like to have a simple stock player for some things). Also added the File Manager and Titanium Backup APKs to flash along with the ROM. When it started up the first time, my apps and settings were all there waiting for me, thanks to Titanium! Yay! On the ROM zip folder, I switched the font. Not too crazy about Roboto, so I slipped in Helevitica and renamed it Roboto (I learned the hard way that font switcher apps do not get along with Quattramus). My phone now resembles a mad ICS/IOS hybrid!

- A2SD support is very smooth. No dinking around with Link2SD! I can't see the EXT3 partition, have no idea what's there, but all I know is it works!

- Cache builds up like crazy in the apps. Can't remember clearing out a 40MB cache on an Android. The good news is that most of that cache is apparently on the SD partition, so it's not taking up much internal space and not gumming up the works.

- Had some problems with random reboots and temperature spikes, then set the performance governor to SmartassV2, which is a bit milder. CPU isn't maxing out like before.

- When trying to type anything in Opera Mini (still running 6.5, since 7.0 and above was crap with GB), it force closes. Didn't do it in any other app. Also have current Opera Mobile installed (for testing), and haven't had those issues. Might have to update Mini after all.

- Installed the Beats Audio script on a later recovery reboot. Works great, and even DSP Manager works with it (didn't in the GB ROM I had before). Player Pro works great as well.

- Regular camera works. Regular camcorder does not, though Videocam Illusion does the job. Also installed MoboPlayer and the codec, since neither the default video player nor QuickPic would play any video.

So, how does ICS look and perform on the Op V? So far, it's pretty slick. The lockscreen clock is flat-out beautiful. Layout of screens and app drawer is nice, as is the settings menu. Wish I could change the blue on the status bar (like in the IHO GB ROMs), as it's a bit harder to see. The contacts and dialer are just plain butt-ugly, and look like a bad third-party app. Pictures are very blurry. I was almost waiting for airpush ads to come up. The previous Android ones were way nicer and laid out better.

ICS overall seems a bit too powerful for this phone (reminds me of a decade ago when I installed Windows XP on an old Pentium II and stripped out everything I could), though that's no fault of the creators. It does work quite well, and is pretty smooth. Yes, it is a very late alpha/early beta, and is not entirely stable. We already know that. But with a little tweaking and a little patience, this one looks and performs quite well.
    06-25-2012 07:43 PM
    (I posted this elsewhere but figured it would be worth reporting here; Just for context, I was commenting on the WiFi tethering hanging--Bluetooth tethering, however, does work).

I found a free WiFi Tether that works with a little coaxing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.wifi.tether

Didn't work "out of the box."

In the options I set the Device Profile to LG Optimus S and the Setup Method to Netd (master)

After that it showed up as an infrastructure access point and I was able to tether my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and my wife's Kindle Fire to it. Might be my imagination but it seemed like the BT tether was faster. Will have to test. But for things like the fire, that's not an option.

I don't think it mattered, but I turned on WPA2 and set a different SSID. Told it not to shut off BT either. But I don't think any of that made it work.

The developer says: If you notice reboots or if the wifi-interface is unusable after tethering UNCHECK the "Force wifi-driver reload"-option in app-setting.

This was the case. The default checked setting made the WiFi connection unusable after a tether. With this box unticked, I could shut down the tether and reconnect to my normal wifi network.
    BobZhome likes this.
    06-26-2012 01:51 PM
    Just downloaded the latest beta version of Swype and it works rather lovely with this rom i must say.

06-26-2012 10:33 PM
    Are you guys bringing ics to Optimus c ???
    06-27-2012 03:35 AM
    Just downloaded the latest beta version of Swype and it works rather lovely with this rom i must say.

Yeah, Swype is great on this rom. Works even better if you flash Amphetamines. I normally don't bother with stuff like that, but it actually makes a real difference.
    06-27-2012 10:37 AM
    Yeah, Swype is great on this rom. Works even better if you flash Amphetamines. I normally don't bother with stuff like that, but it actually makes a real difference.
    anyone install amphetamine on this rom? I never used it. is it worth it to install? does it make a noticeable difference? battery life change?
    thanks!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-27-2012 10:56 AM
    so i ran into a weird problem yesterday.. my keyboard had completely disappeared, and wouldnt for the life of its self come back, even after reboots. flashed back to a gb rom and started to work just fine. dont know if its because of this rom or not but just letting you know ._.
    06-27-2012 11:09 AM
    I did flash amphetamines. It does seem like my battery is more willing to make a whole day. I have no control or test so i can't say for sure. No negative side effect though if that eases your mind about flashing it.

06-27-2012 12:25 PM
    I didn't flash amphetamine because I have a set of tweaks I run via SystemTuner, but I did grab the build.prop from Godzilla and applied most of its tweaks on mine. The 3G tweaks seemed to make my 3G more stable.

In the original ro.ril.hep was set to 1 and 0 (0 at the end claiming YouTube tweak). I left it at 1. I also didn't change the dalvik heapsize.

Code:
    ro.config.nocheckin=1
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
    pm.sleep_mode=1
    ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=1000
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
    ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.gprsclass=10
    ro.ril.hep=1
    ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10
    ro.ril.enable.a53=1
    ro.ril.enable.g3.prefix=1
    ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask=4294967295
    ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=35
    ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=1

#Network Tweaks
    net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
    A-android-B likes this.
    06-27-2012 07:01 PM
    Quick question Bob

I found ur git page from the op, and wanted to ask if ur gonna work on the p3113

I ask this because I have one that despreatly needs hacking.....

So my question is if i can help out with that or a simple kick in the pants toward the right direction.....

Also don't mind helping with the v, just cant catch up to u devs

VM670 Puff, Puff, Puff,..... just send'n smoke signals
    StingDrop likes this.
    06-27-2012 10:08 PM
    The only reason I don't run an ICS rom is they all seem to have the clock lag has there been any info on this issue. But I did like this rom
    06-28-2012 12:20 AM
    The only reason I don't run an ICS rom is they all seem to have the clock lag has there been any info on this issue. But I did like this rom
    There is an app you can download in the play store to fix it.
    06-28-2012 01:30 AM
    What apps are excluded in the smaller Custom Gapps?
    06-28-2012 05:04 AM
    What apps are excluded in the smaller Custom Gapps?
    As far as I can tell, the facial recognition/facial unlock stuff was the main thing left out of the smaller Gapps. Takes up a lot of space.

06-28-2012 05:21 AM
1,049 ... 7891011 ...