[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

suku92

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC0-BobZ

Can anyone show me a non-themed screen shot of Bob's view of ICS? Maybe the lockscreen/homescreen. I want to compare it to TDM's so I can see if I want to test or not.

I dislike the theme a few posts back, it's not very aesthetic. But it's only a theme.

Nico72

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone show me a non-themed screen shot of Bob's view of ICS? Maybe the lockscreen/homescreen. I want to compare it to TDM's so I can see if I want to test or not.

I dislike the theme a few posts back, it's not very aesthetic. But it's only a theme.

They are 2 different versions of CM9, which is ICS. The UI isn't going to be super different. The coding is going to be different, and you might get better performance using this ROM or tdm's. Just make a backup of the one your using now, flash this one, and give it a whirl! Don't like it? Just go back to your backup.

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

42570063-a13f-3603.jpg

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site

I benchmarked both Bob's and TDM's ROM's. I found Bob's ROM (RC0) to be slightly faster, although it's negligible to me. There are a lot of other UI differences (different launcher, less ringtones, etc). So to me, it all comes down as a matter of preference, as in, which style do you prefer more. I like TDM's more based on style (more stock-ish ICS style).

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Ran this rom all day ,overclocked 122-748 smartass.

[snip] and it was the hottest my phone has ever felt. I wasn't dl-ing anything but had a missed call and missed text. Possibly just an anomaly.

A quick search didn't help me find a link, but LeslieAnn has suggested that the minimum clock setting should probably be 480 and no lower, and that the processors in our phones are likely to get very hot trying to set itself to a clock speed lower than they were designed to do.

And as BobZ mentioned in the OP, all OVs aren't created equal. Some people get away with some pretty crazy speeds that give me perpetual reboots and overheating.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I know this has been asked before most likely and recently, but what causes 3G to disconnect on wifi and sometimes when device is locked?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
They are 2 different versions of CM9, which is ICS. The UI isn't going to be super different. The coding is going to be different, and you might get better performance using this ROM or tdm's. Just make a backup of the one your using now, flash this one, and give it a whirl! Don't like it? Just go back to your backup.

well both have a lousy startup wallpaper ( no offense fellas but they both are blurry and low quality) and both clock Widgets look weird with jagged edges. but minor stuff you can change easily

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

So does MMS work? Cause I just went to change the strings in the build.prop and they're already changed.

batteriies

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Had this rom running for about 6 hours no with zero force close or reboot issues, one thing I have noticed and I'm not sure if this is really anyones fault but my own, but I can't edit my contacts, I can add, remove, set pictures, but I can't actually go in and change numbers on existing contacts. Just throwing it out there.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Had this rom running for about 6 hours no with zero force close or reboot issues, one thing I have noticed and I'm not sure if this is really anyones fault but my own, but I can't edit my contacts, I can add, remove, set pictures, but I can't actually go in and change numbers on existing contacts. Just throwing it out there.

Looool what!?

That's normal. Just like a phone book. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Edit: Mis-Read your post! Sorry. :eek:

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Tap "People", find the contact you want to edit, tap it, press the Menu button, and then tap Edit.

batteriies

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Tap "People", find the contact you want to edit, tap it, press the Menu button, and then tap Edit.

I actually didn't have "People" at all for some reason, which baffles me because it was there when I first booted the phone, it disappeared all together after I took it off the dock, re-flashed and took it off the dock again, but now its still there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49