[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC0-BobZ

(I posted this elsewhere but figured it would be worth reporting here; Just for context, I was commenting on the WiFi tethering hanging--Bluetooth tethering, however, does work).

I found a free WiFi Tether that works with a little coaxing.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...googlecode.android.wifi.tether&token=6SxZi1XH

Didn't work "out of the box."

In the options I set the Device Profile to LG Optimus S and the Setup Method to Netd (master)

After that it showed up as an infrastructure access point and I was able to tether my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and my wife's Kindle Fire to it. Might be my imagination but it seemed like the BT tether was faster. Will have to test. But for things like the fire, that's not an option.

I don't think it mattered, but I turned on WPA2 and set a different SSID. Told it not to shut off BT either. But I don't think any of that made it work.

The developer says: If you notice reboots or if the wifi-interface is unusable after tethering UNCHECK the "Force wifi-driver reload"-option in app-setting.

This was the case. The default checked setting made the WiFi connection unusable after a tether. With this box unticked, I could shut down the tether and reconnect to my normal wifi network.

thanks for this. android-wifi-tether is open source so i can go take a crack at it now, wasnt sure which model to check out the code for

leviathan1137

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC1-BobZ

Has anyone noticed problems with the bottom of the screen falling off and appearing as the top couple of pixel rows at the top of the screen? I am having an issue where this happens all the time and to compound it, an issue where the screen splits in half an rolls over the right side to the left side. I'm attaching some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. Sorry for the quality, but I had to grab the iPad to snap them. It starts right before the Cyanogen Mod 9 screen. The LG logo will appear, then disappear, split down the screen.

I turned off the screen to the phone momentarily and it has returned to normal (Minus the bottom rolling over to the top), but it comes back sporadically...

Any thoughts/help would be amazing.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed problems with the bottom of the screen falling off and appearing as the top couple of pixel rows at the top of the screen? I am having an issue where this happens all the time and to compound it, an issue where the screen splits in half an rolls over the right side to the left side. I'm attaching some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. Sorry for the quality, but I had to grab the iPad to snap them. It starts right before the Cyanogen Mod 9 screen. The LG logo will appear, then disappear, split down the screen.

I turned off the screen to the phone momentarily and it has returned to normal (Minus the bottom rolling over to the top), but it comes back sporadically...

Any thoughts/help would be amazing.

I have this prob with cna

I don't care who u are :p this is an awesome song :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxytyRy-O1k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

anyone else have an issue with Google navigator? there is a different voice than there what's on gingerbread and it doesn't read the street names or tell you how far to go just says take the exit on the left instead of saying take exit 32 towards Paramus Hasbrouck Heights. it does not Seney street names at all.

thanks

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
OK I'm trying to switch keys but here's wats happening...... edited build.prop to have it say LS670 in settings but then I replaced the keypad still didn't work next after that I deleted the usr folder and replaced it with the OS build of quattrimus still no worky
Here's pic of settings to show wat I edited
325034f2-4b87-3f40.jpg

I don't care who u are :p this is an awesome song :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxytyRy-O1k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

@Bobzhome : I just tested the camcorder in the default camera app and found that it works. The only issue was that I had to hold my phone a certain way or the video would be rotated incorrectly. I had to hold the phone in landscape mode with the buttons in the right hand for the video to come out correct. I thought the audio and video quality was better than the cam illusion app suggested, and thought you might want to update the original post.

Reactions: BobZhome

vB396530

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Really smooth Bob keep up the great work .this is my daily Rom.
Everything connects fast & strong no lag. Been having problems on quattrimus with that not here though
THANKS

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got the latest maps update and it is working pretty well with rc1. The offline maps part is sick!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

monochromatik

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

great rom. i'm really shocked how much smoother this is than iho-backside. i thought that moving up to ics would make things slower, but everything is actually much faster.

just wondering, is there any way to get netflix to work or is that not possible until we somehow get flash on the device?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
There are video drivers that we need for our device that the hardware manufacturer has stated they will not write for ics, so if a dev here can't (or understandably so) doesn't want to tackle attempting to get the gingerbread drivers to play nice with ICS, Netflix won't work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bmckay

May 17, 2012
Visit site

There are video drivers that we need for our device that the hardware manufacturer has stated they will not write for ics, so if a dev here can't (or understandably so) doesn't want to tackle attempting to get the gingerbread drivers to play nice with ICS, Netflix won't work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I think that also applies for the Twitch.tv app. I got just a black screen with audio last time I tried it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca