[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
This rom is great. The only problem I am having is I can't charge the phone. It charges fine with cm7. Anybody have any idea what it could be.

Try reflashing..... never had a problem with charging...
On the other hand this may have been on here already. But anyone have problem with play not recognizing your phone??? It says apps arent compatible even when already installed. Have to clear data, updates to get to recognize my phone. Using bobz gapps

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

egrim

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC1-BobZ

cifs - yes, I got this to work after digging around a bit. It turns out the cifs.ko module wasn't loading for some reason, but now it's fine.

Split screens / tearing and other random crashes: I had tons of problems w/ the screen and eventually the whole system became unusable (no apps would load, and unit became stuck at the boot screen after a few reboots). I tried several completely clean wipes and re-installs, but nothing worked. What fixed my problem in the end was reformatting my EXT partition to ext3. It was previously formatted as ext4, and for whatever reason, my device and this rom did not like that format. On ext3 though, everything works flawlessly.

For anyone else having major issues w/ vertical screen splitting etc, I'd suggest trying to reformat your EXT partition as ext3 and seeing if that helps. I still occasionally get a few pixels in the top border as previously mentioned but that goes away w/ a quick on/off of the screen.

Thanks for this great rom!

Tried this with mine and was not successful :'(
Also getting the white screen on stock browser and dolphin with 3G only. They work fine with wifi though. Looks like I'll be sticking with the 6-22 build for now...it runs awesome!

henrikb

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

Try reflashing..... never had a problem with charging...
On the other hand this may have been on here already. But anyone have problem with play not recognizing your phone??? It says apps arent compatible even when already installed. Have to clear data, updates to get to recognize my phone. Using bobz gapps

Some of us are having this problem also with the Quattrimus CM9 ROM. I'm trying to gather as much info as possible to find what's causing it.

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Besides the google navigation issue I also have the white screen issue. I tried the rndering option and sometimes I get the screen and sometimes I do not. I know others get that one so I am not concerned, but why does no one else get the navigation issue?

OP-Mod

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

I have the split screen problem, not sure how to rename the EXT partition. but I tried several full wipes and installs same thing each time.

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just to verify, I downgraded and the tether app from the market works as before. In fact, I am using it to post this from my tablet.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Couple of questions:
1) People with split screen issue...what screen does your phone have?
To find out, with terminal emulator type in:
Code:
su
dmesg | grep hitachi
or
Code:
su
dmesg | grep novatek
which ever you get an output from is the screen you have...I have a novatek and don't see this issue. So my guess and want to find out for sure is that the issue is with hitachi screen.

2) The people with the re-boot issue...does your sdcard have an ext partition?
Someone reported that after they added and ext partition to there sdcard that there reboot issue went away. My phone does not reboot at all and I do have an ext partition...and was wondering if this reboot issue is only happening to phones with no ext partition on there sdcard.

Thanks for the feedback,
Bob

Reactions: Badboytoast

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

Couple of questions:
1) People with split screen issue...what screen does your phone have?
To find out, with terminal emulator type in:
Code:
su
dmesg | grep hitachi
or
Code:
su
dmesg | grep novatek
which ever you get an output from is the screen you have...I have a novatek and don't see this issue. So my guess and want to find out for sure is that the issue is with hitachi screen.

2) The people with the re-boot issue...does your sdcard have an ext partition?
Someone reported that after they added and ext partition to there sdcard that there reboot issue went away. My phone does not reboot at all and I do have an ext partition...and was wondering if this reboot issue is only happening to phones with no ext partition on there sdcard.

Thanks for the feedback,
Bob

I noticed in your recovery.fstab you have the sdcard file system set to ext4 and tdm's is set to auto, would setting it to auto resolve issues with people having problems with their sdcard?

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the initial split screen issue until the power button is pressed to turn screen off them turn it back on. I have a Hitachi screen on this v.

Reactions: BobZhome

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Bob,

From what I have read it seems the navigation issue has to do with TTS not working on ICS. Can you confirm? It is driving me crazy.....

Also the white screen of death happens a lot in gmail and the web browsers.

Thanks

domat

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

how do you uninstall voice search so you can install the one from the store? No option to uninstall in the app manager.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the novatek screen, had the split screen happen once. I reflashed and haven't had it happen since, been almost 2, 2 and a half weeks

Reactions: rusty2788

leviathan1137

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

BobZ -- I have the Hitachi screen. Does it every boot. When you power off the screen after it first loads, everything sets in place and doesn't happen again until you power down the phone and start it back up. If you reboot, screen remains fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1