[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Bob I flashed your rom the other day and got a split boot animation going on :confused: I've heard that others are having the same issue... is there a solution or work around just curious cause its happened with sellers - cna and torches Godzilla. Thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

When it boots, lock and them unlock the screen

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: inceyet

jerrykid

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC1-BobZ

Anyone have a fix for the white screen on the default Email app? It's driving me nuts not being able to see my Exchange emails - I get ~30-50 a day. The only fix I've found is to reboot, but sometimes that doesn't even work. I already tried enabling GPU for 2D, but that did not help. I've done two separate wipe and reinstalls w/ the 7/03 rom. Gmail app surprisingly generally works.

Anyone have any other ideas?

brokegamer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Fun rom, definitely better than the other ICS roms available for the OV.

Fresh install, coming from mrg666's GB rom - also getting the wraparound effect while booting with a 2GB microSD, first partition fat32, second ext4 (i think... might have been three... been up all night foxing with it) as formatted by your recommended CWM recovery, sized 256MB.

Hitachi screen - late OV

Much too lazy to boot up into ADB mode to re-partition by terminal, I used MiniTool Partition Wizard (reminds me of gparted :D) to

After loading the SD into a computer to try to toggle ext2/3/4 formats on the sd-ext partition (all of which led to the wrapped around screen and an eventual lockup/reboot,) I tried booting it with no sdcard. Success! No artifacts on boot, and super stable, albeit quite no fun, due to no storage, music, etc Though, I think in my case it may have to do with the quality of the sdcard, as i've lost the original sdcard that came with it and it is now sporting a no-name brand sd that was used in an old candybar phone. I'll track down a quality replacement later today after a nap to see if that changes things.

And yes, I do know how to properly cleanse the internal nand, which was performed before each flashing of the rom: http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/148248-how-properly-wipe-your-android-update-clear-new-rom-etc.html#anb

Also: the md5sum on the zipfile checks out according to Es File Manager.

I'll check back when I get a decent quality SD card in there. Feel free to request any more information from me as I can't wait to see stable ICS on the OpV :D

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

first partition fat32, second ext4
After loading the SD into a computer to try to toggle ext2/3/4 formats on the sd-ext partition

So you partitioned it using CWM and then tried changing the filesystem after you already partitioned it ? I don't understand the whole toggling step ? Just delete all existing partitions and format, partition using recovery, flash rom - done.

brokegamer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

So you partitioned it using CWM and then tried changing the filesystem after you already partitioned it ? I don't understand the whole toggling step ? Just delete all existing partitions and format, partition using recovery, flash rom - done.

Someone in a previous post had detailed (post 276) how a previously formatted-as-ext4 partition was the cause of their instability.

And yes, I was a bit sleepy when I made that post; by toggling, I meant keeping the overall partition structure in place, just reformatting the sd-ext partition as ext2/3/4 respectively between consecutive installs to see which setup would make the rom not want to reboot itself randomly, and in my case none of the above options worked. I'm blaming the sdcard. I've got my hands on a decent looking PNY microSD to try the dance all over again.

Last edited:

wilberfan

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Anyone have a fix for the white screen on the default Email app? It's driving me nuts not being able to see my Exchange emails - I get ~30-50 a day. The only fix I've found is to reboot, but sometimes that doesn't even work. I already tried enabling GPU for 2D, but that did not help. I've done two separate wipe and reinstalls w/ the 7/03 rom. Gmail app surprisingly generally works.

That's so odd: I'm having the exact opposite experience. My Gmail app gets the white-screen issue. I just set up the stock Email app, and so far it's working okay. I tried Aqua Mail yesterday--and same white-out issue...

[oops. full disclosure: I'm using the Godzilla ICS--which uses BobZ's kernel. Torch has announced he's no longer developing it, tho...so I may have to make the switch to this ROM.]

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
That's so odd: I'm having the exact opposite experience. My Gmail app gets the white-screen issue. I just set up the stock Email app, and so far it's working okay. I tried Aqua Mail yesterday--and same white-out issue...

[oops. full disclosure: I'm using the Godzilla ICS--which uses BobZ's kernel. Torch has announced he's no longer developing it, tho...so I may have to make the switch to this ROM.]
Just to inform you the Godzilla rom will continue as well joyos two new devs have taken over on then so please be patient as this is their first time devn :D

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to inform you the Godzilla rom will continue as well joyos two new devs have taken over on then so please be patient as this is their first time devn :D

Yes we have decided to continue it
Inceyet continuing joyfully optimus
I am continuing the Godzilla rom
If you would like to test pm one of us

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/

StevenOptimusV

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Hi Guys,

I seem to have a problem with my clock in the status bar, it updates only after being on for a while. Also the lockscreen clock falls behind and corrects occasionally. Any fix?

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Clock lags annoying a little, but every time I turn my screen on I do it twice. So turn on turn off turn back on and clocks on right time. Takes 2 seconds.

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Data wipe and then restoring apps seems to have my button lights stuck off now (which is better than stuck on). Wifi Tether for Root still doesn't work except with the earlier build I reported on before.

But this ROM has been a great daily driver. Thanks Bob.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Actually there is. Download clock sync from the play store, go into settings, set the auto update to 30 sec debug and check strict intervals.

Notice any extra battery drain when having it auto-sync so much?

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually there is. Download clock sync from the play store, go into settings, set the auto update to 30 sec debug and check strict intervals.

Um yeah I've tried that app on CAI and Quattrimus. Didn't help mine.

Like someone else said, I just turn the screen on twice, no big deal.