[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

obh_online

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC1-BobZ

That's so odd: I'm having the exact opposite experience. My Gmail app gets the white-screen issue. I just set up the stock Email app, and so far it's working okay. I tried Aqua Mail yesterday--and same white-out issue...

[oops. full disclosure: I'm using the Godzilla ICS--which uses BobZ's kernel. Torch has announced he's no longer developing it, tho...so I may have to make the switch to this ROM.]

I also had the white screen experience in the Gmail app. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I only got the white screen at the end of the day. It had worked fine earlier. As a workaround, I force stopped the Gmail app. It worked fine again after that.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to fix this. When I'm getting an incoming phone call my screen won't turn on, I have to unlock it then answer. Its no big deal just curious

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ

OK, so posting this here in case it helps someone else as well as myself.

I rooted my Optimus V a while back. Didn't install a new ROM, just installed Wireless Tether and left everything else alone.
Current info from Settings/About:
Android Version: 2.2.2
Baseband Version: VM670ZV5_60401001
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: ZV5.41C0E845
Software Version: VM670ZV5

I have nothing important on the phone and I have nothing important on the SD Card. The card is the original 2GB card that came with the phone.

My goal is to install ICS via the BobzHome release here:
https://sites.google.com/site/bobzhomeroms/vm670ics
And to also get the a2sd stuff working as I'm always out of space on the current phone.

Just looking for what steps I should take to get from where I am, to where I want to be.

I don't know what recovery version stuff I have as I originally rooted a long time ago and frankly don't remember what I did... ;) Also don't know about the EXT partition stuff and if/how that works with my SD card since it's small. Just don't want to brick my phone or anything.

Thanks!!

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
OK, so posting this here in case it helps someone else as well as myself.

I rooted my Optimus V a while back. Didn't install a new ROM, just installed Wireless Tether and left everything else alone.
Current info from Settings/About:
Android Version: 2.2.2
Baseband Version: VM670ZV5_60401001
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: ZV5.41C0E845
Software Version: VM670ZV5

I have nothing important on the phone and I have nothing important on the SD Card. The card is the original 2GB card that came with the phone.

My goal is to install ICS via the BobzHome release here:
https://sites.google.com/site/bobzhomeroms/vm670ics
And to also get the a2sd stuff working as I'm always out of space on the current phone.

Just looking for what steps I should take to get from where I am, to where I want to be.

I don't know what recovery version stuff I have as I originally rooted a long time ago and frankly don't remember what I did... ;) Also don't know about the EXT partition stuff and if/how that works with my SD card since it's small. Just don't want to brick my phone or anything.

Thanks!!

It'll work fine, I've only ever used the SD card that came with my phone, I did have problem with data 1st time I flashed but I just went back into CWM and rewiped and reflashed and works fine. This is what my data looks like, but I have 4 rom backups and 2 of the original downloaded ones on my SD card.
425700e0-858a-ecae.jpg

Proud supporter of VCFL

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
SD maid, great app, a little slow when checking your apps but cleans very well, Ive found that flashing amphetamines speed this app up some. You can find it on play store

Proud supporter of VCFL

Reactions: cole2kb

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
So are there any step-by-step instructions for me to follow? to make sure I don't mess anything up? :)

Download a custom recovery, I recommend CWM, make a back up of current rom wipe data, cache partition, and under advanced wipe dalvich cache, then flash new rom from SD card and let it complete 5 - 10 min. ICS is more complex,
If your hesitant to go from 2.2 to 4
0 you could always flash a gb first. Idk it may help the transition with your phone, but idk
Proud supporter of VCFL

Last edited:

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Download a custom recovery, I recommend CWM, make a back up of current rom wipe data, cache partition, and under advanced wipe dalvich cache, then flash new rom from SD card and let it complete 5 - 10 min. ICS is more complex,
If your hesitant to go from 2.2 to 4
0 you could always flash a gb first. Idk it may help the transition with your phone, but idk
Proud supporter of VCFL

Howdy again,

OK, so if I follow these instructions:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

Do I basically start at step 4 since I'm already rooted with the stock OS? Possibly substituting the recovery you mention for the one in the post.

It's been so long since I've done this I'm really rusty...

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Howdy again,

OK, so if I follow these instructions:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

Do I basically start at step 4 since I'm already rooted with the stock OS? Possibly substituting the recovery you mention for the one in the post.

It's been so long since I've done this I'm really rusty...

Yes start at step four, I also recommend drews cannibal touch recovery, its just like CWM( because its based off if it) but has the selection keys on the screen, very good recovery. Then once you flash that recovery to your phone, on drews go to option wipe all, its on the main screen of recovery. ( I do a complete wipe 2 times before flashing. Then flash your from, it will prompt you to make a back up, and make on. Then it'll flash your rom

Proud supporter of VCFL

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

So regarding the whole SD-EXT thing... Do I have to repartition my SD card before I install the new ROM or can I do it after or does it not matter? Or can I do that from within the new ROM itself? The main reason I want to do this is to gain the extra space for apps since this phone has such a tiny amount...

Oh, and how do I do the repartition? I'm fine formatting my entire SD card as I have nothing important on it and probably lots of crap that shouldn't be there anyway...

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
So regarding the whole SD-EXT thing... Do I have to repartition my SD card before I install the new ROM or can I do it after or does it not matter? Or can I do that from within the new ROM itself? The main reason I want to do this is to gain the extra space for apps since this phone has such a tiny amount...

Oh, and how do I do the repartition? I'm fine formatting my entire SD card as I have nothing important on it and probably lots of crap that shouldn't be there anyway...

Idk about partitioning the SD card( never done it) my SD ext works fine, so idk, if it does it thru the rom, but you can partition thru your computer by putting it into an adapter, or I think cannibal recovery has an SD partition option. You shouldn't meed to format since it should be fat32

Proud supporter of VCFL

cdr

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know how to get the armv6 flash player working with this ROM? The fact that I'm using sd-ext might have something to do with it? Flash was working for me when I was using a stock 2.3 ROM.

jerrykid

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Getting lots of random crashes despite trying to clean wipe and re-flash several times. Also, blanked out email was just not working for me. Flashed back to IHO for now, but look forward to ICS / JB updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21