[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC1-BobZ

OK, so using the pinned How To thread as a guide, I've got the BobZ file, his GApps file, the Wipe file, the Cannibal recovery, and the flashImageGUI file on my SD Card.

Oh, and do I need to be connected to the PC for any reason? I'm using Dropbox to get the files to my SD Card...

Let me know what I've got wrong before I start. ;)
1) Install the FlashGUI app and select Recovery with the Cannibal file
2) Boot via the vol-Down stuff
3) Backup my current data

Do I then use the Wipe.zip file instead of manually doing the wipes from the menus? Is the wipe file better than Drew's wipe in the recovery file?
Does the wipe also do the formatting or do I have to do the Format option as well?

Install the BobZ file
Install the GApps file
Reboot and wait a bit...

I want to try this tonight or this weekend. Can anyone confirm if I've got everything? Don't want to kill my phone... ;)

Thanks a ton!

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I want to try this tonight or this weekend. Can anyone confirm if I've got everything? Don't want to kill my phone... ;)

Thanks a ton!

If this is your first time rooting READ THE STICKIES can't go wrong following the instructions

Edit: you forgot to ginger break your phone first and plus I highly recommend starting off with a iho rom first due to the fact the this rom is a wip as stated. My suggestion is mrg's MiRaGe, or LeslieAnn's harmonia 2.08 and this is with no disrespect to bobz cause he made one of the top iho roms .

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

If this is your first time rooting READ THE STICKIES can't go wrong following the instructions

Edit: you forgot to ginger break your phone first and plus I highly recommend starting off with a iho rom first due to the fact the this rom is a wip as stated. My suggestion is mrg's MiRaGe, or LeslieAnn's harmonia 2.08 and this is with no disrespect to bobz cause he made one of the top iho roms .

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!

My phone is already rooted which is why none of the sticky posts actually seem to apply. Just trying to go from rooted with 2.2.2 to rooted with BobZ's ICS.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

you need to at least read leslieanns guide... she put a lot of work in to help newcomers... youll be happy you did... and stick with one of the iho roms untill you become comfortable with workarounds, zips, recoveries, mods, etc... welcome... :)

Reactions: inceyet

dschlemmer318

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Its because if you lose signal it fails to connect when the signal comes back . There is no other fix at the moment.
A fix at some point would be much welcomed. Drives me nuts. But its good to know its not something I'm doing wrong

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
My phone is already rooted which is why none of the sticky posts actually seem to apply. Just trying to go from rooted with 2.2.2 to rooted with BobZ's ICS.

Well then yes install GUI and for there you can flash drews touch recovery and for as doing the wipes I would recommend LeslieAnn pre rom wipe which wipes it three times :D then afterwards flash bobz ics and his gapps and enjoy also research the recommended oc for instance on tdm's aokp the recommended is 600/480 on interactiveX and I don't get rr hope this helps ....oh yeah partion you SD card first before installing any ics is highly recommended :D:cool:

StingDrop

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Battery seems to drain faster and has low signal all the time but better than any other build

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I feel stupid. I completely missed the 7/3 build... here I was hoping for a new build and I missed it, by two weeks, and I check into AC every day.

Late thanks for the newest build Bob.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Lol that's funny. I check the OP everyday. I'm definitely addicted as well :cool:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

For anyone who has the TTS issue not working. I compared Bobs smaller gapps to the regular gapps ics and found that googletts.apk was missing. Flashed the regular gapps and all is good!!!

Thanks

My mistake... Seems that the google tts will not let me set it, not sure why...

Although now texts can be read to me, navigation still does not have TTS...

OK, did a FULL wipe and install... See that google TTS IS installed now. Will test later.

Thanks

Last edited:

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I heard to fix the Facebook app I need to make it a system app? How do I do that? (Sorry a noob question) >_<

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

I heard to fix the Facebook app I need to make it a system app? How do I do that? (Sorry a noob question) >_<

You can use titainium backup. long click on app and then you can choose to Convert to system app.

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

It says I need the donate version :/ are there any free ones??

oh, sorry about that (I have the donate version)..best app I ever spent money on as a rom jumper!!!

I do not know what else you can use, sorry.

Does moving the gmail app to a system app stop the text from disappearing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo