[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC2-BobZ

I love this ROM! I was using the RC1 for a couple weeks, and just switched to RC2. At first it was very crashy. I would try to change things in the settings menu and it would randomly reboot after anything I tried to do. Sometimes just scrolling through homescreens would crash it. I tried wiping everything I could in the recovery (Bobz CWM) and even using the prep_for_new_rom.zip mentioned in this thread, but still ended up very unstable. Then I used the recovery to partition the SD card (4gb ext partition, 256mb swap). I don't know if these settings are ideal, but I like big numbers. After that, it seems to be running pretty smoothly. I love BobZ CM9 builds!

One question, every time I boot up I get the "Android is upgrading" screen and it optimizes 1 app. At first I thought it was superuser, because there was an update available in the play store, but I updated it and still get the upgrading screen when I boot. Does anyone else get this, or have any idea how to figure out which app is being optimized every time?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

One question, every time I boot up I get the "Android is upgrading" screen and it optimizes 1 app. At first I thought it was superuser, because there was an update available in the play store, but I updated it and still get the upgrading screen when I boot. Does anyone else get this, or have any idea how to figure out which app is being optimized every time?

Happens to me too, on any ICS ROM. Not sure what app it's messing with, but for the time being, it's normal.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

upconvert said:

Happens to me too, on any ICS ROM. Not sure what app it's messing with, but for the time being, it's normal.

I didn't get this until I installed the Gapps (which I usually don't do, but for once I was after the Market.)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

its actually repopulating the cache when it says upgrading... i think. it could be the dalvik-cache to.

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

HELP!!!! I donwloaded this and I Love it!!! It is so fast and cool!!! But I cant change the screen brightness!!! Its on full bright! I reinstalled the rom like 5 times! No luck. I tried 1 brightness control app. still noting. so i try to see if it is my hardware so i installed Harmonia. it wrked fine on that ROM. I dont know why it is not working! Please Help!! Phone dies really fast on full brightness

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So what does partitioning the SD ext card do? Does it help the ROM run smoother? What about when overclocking?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Love this ROM now with brightness fixed and I added the amphetamines mod to it. Still though, the minute I over clock it all hell breaks loose. Why could I run BACKside IHO cm7 overclocked at 806 using interactive gov but can't overclock this ROM?

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Love this ROM now with brightness fixed and I added the amphetamines mod to it. Still though, the minute I over clock it all hell breaks loose. Why could I run BACKside IHO cm7 overclocked at 806 using interactive gov but can't overclock this ROM?

I'm pretty sure BobZ is trying to get this ROM as fully working as he can and stable and deal with overclocking later