[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

obh_online

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the white screen issue quite a bit (had to reboot 2 or 3 times today because of it) even with the latest CM9.1 build.

Not sure why but it always seems to affect the same apps for me - Gmail, Dolphin Browser, and to a lesser extent Touchdown. Other apps seem to work fine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
So, is there anything we can do to help pin this issue down to a specific? Should we try to reproduce it while plugged in with USB debugging enabled to get a logcat? Would that help?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Let's hope I'm tired of wight screen in FB durring class :p

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
So, is there anything we can do to help pin this issue down to a specific? Should we try to reproduce it while plugged in with USB debugging enabled to get a logcat? Would that help?

Go for it, it doesn't hurt to try...but really don't think it's going to show an kind of error. Please use pastebin.com and just post the pastebin link, Thanks!

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I was kind of hoping to inspire someone else. My data cable has a short, and I've got no internet access at the moment.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
5ubu6a4e.jpg

Partial view of the logcat... it looks like the webcore thing might be the problem. I closed all other apps before running Gmail and the logcat app. As soon as the email showed white, I hit home and powered up a logcat app to instantaneously generate a log.

rcmarotz

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems getting WiFi Tether to work. I'm guessing that I just have the settings messed up somewhere. Could someone post the correct settings to use? Thanks!

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
i would run the logcat before running gmail, so it can pull the error as it occurs, instead of the after error messages.

It doesn't matter. The logcat is just a log file that covers a specific time period (or rather size... it's limited to something like 465 KB). It's constantly being updated so pulling it right after the error will get the same log as starting it and then getting the error and then stopping it.

rcmarotz

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I use Barnacle Wifi Tether, and it works fine.

I get the same problem as with WiFi Tether (which I should have described before.) The problem is that after the wifi tether (or barnacle) turns on (or enabled), the SSID does not appear on the client device's wifi list to connect to. Specifically with Barnacle (I had to check the "Skip wpa_supplicant" box) the console says:
Starting...
Data network is ready
.ini file prepared
WIFI: driver loaded
Connected to NAT
Runnings...

but the SSID never shows up on the client device (either after scanning wireless networks or using WIFI Analyzer. Any idea?

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having problems getting WiFi Tether to work. I'm guessing that I just have the settings messed up somewhere. Could someone post the correct settings to use? Thanks!

Wifi tether or barnacle won't work for me either. I've gave up on even asking cause someone says "use xxx app, works for me" or "why would you want to tether with virgin it's so slow". Slow speed is better than no speed. If you find anything that works please share. If i come accross anything I'll let you know :beer:

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Would Foxfi work
I would try but I'm stuck on 100% stock until I can get an avalible computer

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I am using this ROM, and Barnacle works fine for me after disabling the wpa_supplicant setting. I wish I had more information for you. Not sure if it works with this ROM, but you can also try Foxfi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2